PDA

View Full Version : Should the ATP force Roger to retire?

Tchocky
04-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I think the ATP needs to step in before Roger does irreparable damage to his legacy. The way Roger is playing now he won't win another tournament let alone another major.

vince916
04-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Soon enough he'll be put into retirement by losing every tournament.

tata
04-03-2008, 08:24 PM
I think you guys are jumping to conclusions.....i mean yes federer hasnt made it to a final this year yet but same goes for nadal.Djokovic may have won the aus open and dubai but he got owned early in the miami masters which is just as bad as federer losing in dubai in the first round.I think federer is just off to a shakey start to the season....as well as nadal.

But even if federer couldnt win another major this year and starts to slip the number 1 rank you have to admit he is one of the best this generation has seen.Getting to number 1 is hard....but staying up there for 4yrs straight and have the constant expectation to win because is the best is even harder.

To me even if he slips from being the dominant player i think he can still win majors here and there....maybe not win 2-3 in the same year but i think he would still be able to win.In terms of WTA ranking djokovic is far away from federer, and with nadal failing to reach a final so far there wont be any major changes to the rankings just yet.

CanadianChic
04-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I think the ATP needs to step in before Roger does irreparable damage to his legacy. The way Roger is playing now he won't win another tournament let alone another major.

Get a grip.

Arafel
04-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I think you guys are jumping to conclusions.....i mean yes federer hasnt made it to a final this year yet but same goes for nadal.Djokovic may have won the aus open and dubai but he got owned early in the miami masters which is just as bad as federer losing in dubai in the first round.I think federer is just off to a shakey start to the season....as well as nadal.

1) This topic is clearly facetious.

2) I feel a need to point out that Djokovic lost to Roddick in Dubai. Roddick won Dubai.

Thank you for playing.

tata
04-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Ooops my mistake.I meant indian wells.

vince916
04-03-2008, 08:30 PM

Djokovic won Indian Wells.
Roddick won Dubai.

Fee
04-03-2008, 08:36 PM

I think the Admins need to step in before the R word does irreparable damage to this forum.

zagor
04-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Oh my god,yet another idiotic thread.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Oh my god,yet another idiotic thread.

Calm down,

It's just what to be expected, Andy Roddick played well and won a match. Yet, the focus is on a player that's suppose to win ALL the time. No credit to Roddick, but how bad Roger is playing. :?

Roger will be back and to get # 15, for the record I still think he will break Pete's record. Please somebody quote me, my name is MEAC_AllAmerican not full caps. :D

CanadianChic
04-03-2008, 08:47 PM
There must be a way we can zap those who start these threads. Come on technology.....we're waiting.

vndesu
04-03-2008, 09:03 PM
haha
i believe ppl are only saying this bc of fed's fight against mono.
if im correct didnt henin go thru mono and played horribly or stayed out for a year?
but then wen you look at her now shes #1?

cmon now you cant blame federer for losing alot, its not like he can be perfect in tennis.

veroniquem
04-03-2008, 09:15 PM

But even if federer couldnt win another major this year and starts to slip the number 1 rank you have to admit he is one of the best this generation has seen.Getting to number 1 is hard....but staying up there for 4yrs straight and have the constant expectation to win because is the best is even harder.

To me even if he slips from being the dominant player i think he can still win majors here and there....maybe not win 2-3 in the same year but i think he would still be able to win.In terms of WTA ranking djokovic is far away from federer, and with nadal failing to reach a final so far there wont be any major changes to the rankings just yet.
You are completely wrong imo
1- Nadal did reach a final this year (Chennai)
2-Nadal reached the quarters in Dubai while Fed lost in 1st round
3- Fed has just lost in the quarters in Miami, Nadal is already in the semi
4-Nadal's best surface is clay, he's in great shape right now and will certainly win several tournaments on clay whereas Fed the way he's playing, I really can't see him defending his 3 clay finals (mc, hamburg and RG). I actually think there's a realistic chance that Nadal will become #1 at some point during the clay season.

vndesu
04-03-2008, 09:19 PM
You are completely wrong imo
1- Nadal did reach a final this year (Chennai)
2-Nadal reached the quarters in Dubai while Fed lost in 1st round
3- Fed has just lost in the quarters in Miami, Nadal is already in the semi
4-Nadal's best surface is clay, he's in great shape right now and will certainly win several tournaments on clay whereas Fed the way he's playing, I really can't see him defending his 3 clay finals (mc, hamburg and RG). I actually think there's a realistic chance that Nadal will become #1 at some point during the clay season.

you're forgetting other facts as well.
nadal losing to tsonga and roddick from ao and dubai
yes he is good on clay but thats only one slam, while the rest are hard and grass.
roddick and tsonga easily beated nadal, and yes tsonga did lose nadal and so did blake but if roddick p lays like he did at dubai nadal chances of winning seem low.

crazylevity
04-03-2008, 09:26 PM

Hahaha...sorry. Couldn't resist:mrgreen:

veroniquem
04-03-2008, 09:30 PM
you're forgetting other facts as well.
nadal losing to tsonga and roddick from ao and dubai
yes he is good on clay but thats only one slam, while the rest are hard and grass.
roddick and tsonga easily beated nadal, and yes tsonga did lose nadal and so did blake but if roddick p lays like he did at dubai nadal chances of winning seem low.
I disagree that Nadal's chances are low because Dubai plays way faster than Miami, I actually think that Nadal's chances would be pretty good (provided he could handle Berdych, which is not a given but Davydenko has good chances to beat Roddick too, he's gonna be a little mentally drained after such an emotional victory)
Also Nadal is playing better now than in January for sure, so his form is improving and even if clay has only one slam, my point was Fed has a lot of points to defend there from last year and if he can't, he will not only jeopardize his#1 spot but also lack in confidence when arriving at Wimbledon. Don't forget he was rather close to lose that W final last year already, yet he had much more confidence than this year.

vndesu
04-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I disagree that Nadal's chances are low because Dubai plays way faster than Miami, I actually think that Nadal's chances would be pretty good (provided he could handle Berdych, which is not a given but Davydenko has good chances to beat Roddick too, he's gonna be a little mentally drained after such an emotional victory)
Also Nadal is playing better now than in January for sure, so his form is improving and even if clay has only one slam, my point was Fed has a lot of points to defend there from last year and if he can't, he will not only jeopardize his#1 spot but also lack in confidence when arriving at Wimbledon. Don't forget he was rather close to lose that W final last year already, yet he had much more confidence than this year.

though we are kinda getting off subject the fact is that nadal is almost like federer.
yes, nadal would go further into the round, but in the end he would still lose.
you forget that djoko is rising and who kno how he'll play at clay.
the fact is that every pro have their on and offs.
arguing about nadal isnt about this thread subject.
i just wanna disagree with the fact that every lately has been forgetting that fed had gone thru mono and that itll take awhile to heal.

veroniquem
04-03-2008, 09:44 PM
though we are kinda getting off subject the fact is that nadal is almost like federer.
yes, nadal would go further into the round, but in the end he would still lose.
you forget that djoko is rising and who kno how he'll play at clay.
the fact is that every pro have their on and offs.
arguing about nadal isnt about this thread subject.
i just wanna disagree with the fact that every lately has been forgetting that fed had gone thru mono and that itll take awhile to heal.
I wouldn't minimize mono, I know how nasty that is but unfortunately for Fed it makes it even more likely that he will lose a lot for several months to come. If you really think Djoko can threaten Nadal on clay, well maybe you know things I don't but it definitely seems unlikely to me.

vndesu
04-03-2008, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't minimize mono, I know how nasty that is but unfortunately for Fed it makes it even more likely that he will lose a lot for several months to come. If you really think Djoko can threaten Nadal on clay, well maybe you know things I don't but it definitely seems unlikely to me.

to be honest.
i think djoko will kill nadal on clay...
and thats my opinion hah

veroniquem
04-03-2008, 09:49 PM
to be honest.
i think djoko will kill nadal on clay...
and thats my opinion hah
OK, let's leave it at that then. I would be massively shocked to see that happen! But let's talk about it again in 2 months... Hasta luego!

verdasco67
04-03-2008, 10:03 PM
i hate how people say "XXX needs to retire". just because federer loses a few matches doesnt mean he's done. he's only human guys. he did play god for awhile though.

ShcMad
04-03-2008, 10:08 PM

I seriously laughed when I read the title of this thread.

crawl4
04-03-2008, 11:40 PM

is this serious? or are you trying to pull a joke on people?

hyperwarrior
04-03-2008, 11:42 PM

I think you should retire from the forum!

Fedexeon
04-04-2008, 12:33 AM
I can't wait for Federer to back to his best and shut all these people's mouths!

my_forehand
04-04-2008, 02:48 AM
He's lost that loving feeling.

Sorry, that song was stuck in my head; it was on the radio.