PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Live Wire Professional 17L

joebry
02-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Has anyone tried the Gamma Live Wire Professional 17L string? I am interested to know if you think it is a 'soft' string or a stiff string. :?: It is a pricey string but I do not break strings very often so price is not that much concern. :?

Jerry Seinfeld
02-18-2004, 03:45 PM
I have a teammate who tried it. He raved about the playability for the first two matches. Then it began to lose tension and broke by his 4th match. He is not typically a string breaker. Like many of the Gamma strings, this one apparently feels good early on, but then tends to fade.

Jerry

Gaines Hillix
02-18-2004, 04:49 PM
I prefer Live Wire or XP to the XP PRO. Gamma dropped the price on Live Wire to $7.95, at least on TW. IMO, it's a much better value.

WW Volley
02-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Live Wire Professional felt wonderful to me. I do like a soft string, and this one certainly isn't harsh at all.

But as most wonderful and soft strings go, they don't retain their qualities that long. It's the best feeling for a few hitting sessions, and kind of fades into a medicore place.

If you restring a lot and don't mind the price, I certainly recommend the Live Wire Pro, as it is very comparable to the high end Technifibre, Laserfibre, etc. strings. Maybe you aren't a string breaker and it will work out well.

topspin
02-21-2004, 01:50 AM
hmm think i'll promote this thread to the top of the list...

netman42
03-25-2004, 02:03 AM
I have had excellent experience with Live Wire 17 or XP 17 in my Prince Attitude MP. Excellent feel, soft on arm, mine has lastest quite a while (alternating 2 frames). I am switching to the Head LM Instinct and will try a VS Gut/Nylon hybrid to start, I will definitely consider using the Live Wire again though.