PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Robredo

Ash Doyle
03-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Can someone please tell me about Tommy Robredo's racquet? Originally he appeared to be using a POG Longbody, but has now moved to a deal with Dunlop and is playing with a racquet painted to look like a 300G. It is definitely a different racquet since it is lacking the crossbar stabilizer. Is it still 28"? Anybody know any of the details?

bfonz7
03-24-2004, 06:48 AM
I really doubt his racket change would be that dramatic mid-season. Stock 300g's are too light for a pro. My 2 cents says its probably a new mold produced by Dunlop that is 28 inches long, and has the same weight and specs as his old racquet minus the cross bar...

BreakPoint
03-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Perhaps it's the same 300G paintjob that Fish and Blake are using. Some people here have said that Fish is using a Wilson PS Classic 6.1 Stretch with 18x20 painted to look like a 300G.

Ash Doyle
03-24-2004, 12:02 PM
I thought you may be correct, BreakPoint, so I checked out some pictures and found out his new frame has a 16x20 string pattern. I couldn't find a picture of his old racquet that was clear enough to count strings.

jura
05-30-2005, 09:56 AM
I hold Robredos racket at Paris some days ago. I didn't checked the length but for me it didn't seem to be much longer than standard. But what I could see clearly is:
It is an old Dunlop racket which was called Tour Pro 95 or something like this. It's a 20 - 22 or 23 mm mono-tapered beam. And they gave it a M-Fil 300 paint.

Safina
05-30-2005, 01:05 PM
http://www.tennismen ACE.com/revTP.jpg (http://www.tennismen%20ace.com/revTP.jpg)

remove the space...

Dunlop Revelation Tour Pro?

jura
05-31-2005, 01:45 AM
http://www.tennismen ACE.com/revTP.jpg (http://www.tennismen%20ace.com/revTP.jpg)

remove the space...

Dunlop Revelation Tour Pro?
That's exactly the mold robredo uses. I was surprised by myself, but it's true. But I don't think he uses the typical ISIS grip. And as far as I know, Dunlop made a model only called Tour Pro 95 which had the same mold without ISIS grip. So I think it's this racket.

Welsh Wizard
05-31-2005, 07:58 AM
I hold Robredos racket at Paris some days ago. I didn't checked the length but for me it didn't seem to be much longer than standard. But what I could see clearly is:
It is an old Dunlop racket which was called Tour Pro 95 or something like this. It's a 20 - 22 or 23 mm mono-tapered beam. And they gave it a M-Fil 300 paint.

Jura, you seem to hold a lot of players rackets very often. Are you a professional stringer or something. Everytime someone says something about a racket, you say the opposite and back it up with "I held such and such's racket the other day and it's definitely this or it's definitely that". You must be very lucky to get your hands on so many pro's rackets.

For the record, I thought Robredo is now using the Mfil 200 or 300 - whichever one is the new 300G.

jura
05-31-2005, 09:03 AM
Jura, you seem to hold a lot of players rackets very often. Are you a professional stringer or something. Everytime someone says something about a racket, you say the opposite and back it up with "I held such and such's racket the other day and it's definitely this or it's definitely that". You must be very lucky to get your hands on so many pro's rackets.

For the record, I thought Robredo is now using the Mfil 200 or 300 - whichever one is the new 300G.
I was just for some days at the French Open and could enter the stringing service. I could take a closed look to all rackets which had been there during the times I was in. And - let me say it this way - I am kind of inside the racket business. That's why I know most of the molds and recognize them.

For Robredos racket: It has nothing to do with the new M-Fil molds. It's an old Dunlop mold - as I told before. As far as I remember a Pro Tour 95.

Welsh Wizard
06-01-2005, 07:49 AM
I was just for some days at the French Open and could enter the stringing service. I could take a closed look to all rackets which had been there during the times I was in. And - let me say it this way - I am kind of inside the racket business. That's why I know most of the molds and recognize them.

For Robredos racket: It has nothing to do with the new M-Fil molds. It's an old Dunlop mold - as I told before. As far as I remember a Pro Tour 95.

I was aware that Robredo's racket was a PJ. Fair enough if you work in the business, but what does 'kind of inside' mean. In that respect so am I as I string rackets part time, and I too recognise most frames when I see them.

jura
06-01-2005, 08:00 AM
I was aware that Robredo's racket was a PJ. Fair enough if you work in the business, but what does 'kind of inside' mean. In that respect so am I as I string rackets part time, and I too recognise most frames when I see them.
Sorry, but I can't say more.
I don't say that I'm the onliest man in the world who recognize the molds under the paint jobs. And I'm not the onliest who has the chance to get in touch of the pro's rackets. I just can tell you that I've been to the sringing service at Paris last week and I can tell what I've seen there.
I will also try to get a list of all the specs. If it works I will issue them here.

Feņa14
06-01-2005, 08:12 AM
That would be amazing if you could do that. Thanks :)

Welsh Wizard
06-01-2005, 08:13 AM
Sorry, but I can't say more.
I don't say that I'm the onliest man in the world who recognize the molds under the paint jobs. And I'm not the onliest who has the chance to get in touch of the pro's rackets. I just can tell you that I've been to the sringing service at Paris last week and I can tell what I've seen there.
I will also try to get a list of all the specs. If it works I will issue them here.

Cool. No worries.