PDA

View Full Version : Final 1 h vs 2 h bh verdict

Alexio92
04-04-2008, 11:21 AM
There is no better backhand

There is no pro's / con's of each, its like saying which service action is better roddick or sampras? There are differences yes, but they don't matter at pro level as the reason they are pro's is that they have perfected their strokes to a good enough degree to have good success. If someone's backhand breaks down in a long rally, it's not because of the strokes bad its because they didnt hit it correctly that time.

And for the argument that more people use 2h therefor it's better, that isn't relevent as more people use 2h from when they start as its easyer to start off with while 1h takes ages to get drilled.

Thank you

Forehand Slice
04-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I think they are each better for different situations. A one-hander is more versatile, a two-hander is more stable. It just depends on what style you play, so there's no real answer to this debate.

Vision84
04-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I agree. Unfortunately some of the one-handed backhand elitists like Breakpoint are very stubborn and won't agree.

daddy
04-04-2008, 01:28 PM
There is no better backhand

There is no pro's / con's of each, its like saying which service action is better roddick or sampras? There are differences yes, but they don't matter at pro level as the reason they are pro's is that they have perfected their strokes to a good enough degree to have good success. If someone's backhand breaks down in a long rally, it's not because of the strokes bad its because they didnt hit it correctly that time.

And for the argument that more people use 2h therefor it's better, that isn't relevent as more people use 2h from when they start as its easyer to start off with while 1h takes ages to get drilled.

Thank you

How old are you, are you born in 92 as your nick says ? If so or if you are not 95 years old and spent 90 of those playing tennis, then I assume you will never ever convince breakpoint. You have to be a 'veteran' to even have a say.

Seriously, dont you think that we - the people arguing about this - we are not so damn stupid that we dont know this already ?

Hot Sauce
04-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Of course there are pros and cons of each. Not all pros/cons are subjective, you know.

With your kind of thinking then you could say that there are no advantages/disadvantages of an eastern forehand vs. western, which clearly is not true.

Tennis_Monk
04-04-2008, 05:20 PM
"better" is a relative word and subjective.

Who cares if one is better than other. Federer cannot hit a 2hbh like Agassi nor Djokovic can hit a 1hbh like Sampras.

It is all about what you are comfortable playing with and what your style allows you to.

Babb
04-04-2008, 05:21 PM
How about making more pointless 1hbh vs. 2hbh threads? ;)

Tennis_Monk
04-04-2008, 05:36 PM
How about making more pointless 1hbh vs. 2hbh threads? ;)

Your wish will be fulfilled soooner than you think.

crawl4
04-04-2008, 05:41 PM
theres no huge advantage, if there was everyone would use that one.

..i cant hit a one-hander, im disgraceful at it :cry: