PDA

View Full Version : watch Roddick/Davydenko

saram
04-04-2008, 04:25 PM
channelsurfing.net IS carrying the match right now live!

Just thought I would let you know if you already didn't know...

saram
04-04-2008, 04:26 PM
http://www.channelsurfing.net/

princess bossass
04-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Mmm. Still no luck for us mac folks.:(

saram
04-04-2008, 04:31 PM

Nope, sorry!

IE only and Star Sports is the channel covering it right now....

mmeyer1
04-04-2008, 04:34 PM
its on fsn in LA, davydenko actually hit a 136 mph ace, which is the fastest I've ever seen him serve.

daddy
04-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Great match so far, really worth watching.

saram
04-04-2008, 04:57 PM
^^ credit to the two of you above me opting not to produce a spoiler here. Very well done. :)

quest01
04-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Im watching the match on star sports.

daddy
04-04-2008, 04:59 PM
^^ credit to the two of you above me opting not to produce a spoiler here. Very well done. :)

I would be a complete idiot to post a spoiler after 2500 posts here. I guess if I can post this much I have to know the rules. :)

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-04-2008, 05:04 PM
channelsurfing.net IS carrying the match right now live!

Just thought I would let you know if you already didn't know...

Are you checking the talent coming from that little guy from Russia? :)

I hope some of you guys that question his position in the game, would walk away with a little more respect, win or lose.

samster
04-04-2008, 05:05 PM
These two practiced at Indian Wells a few weeks back. They would know each other's game well.

Tennis_Monk
04-04-2008, 05:49 PM
I am posting the score here.

It is 0 -0 at the begining of the match.

daddy
04-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Ha ha. Succes. One thread with no spoilers ! I bet this is a rare occasion.

saram
04-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Are you checking the talent coming from that little guy from Russia? :)

I hope some of you guys that question his position in the game, would walk away with a little more respect, win or lose.

I think you and I have been the only two that have continually appreciated the little bald Russian for the last year win or lose.

saram
04-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Ha ha. Succes. One thread with no spoilers ! I bet this is a rare occasion.

Give it time--someone will come along and post a spoiler. If this thread makes it until tomorrow without a spoiler, I'll cut my hair like Davydenko's.

daddy
04-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Give it time--someone will come along and post a spoiler. If this thread makes it until tomorrow without a spoiler, I'll cut my hair like Davydenko's.

You should be cool about that for your own sakes. I mean I know the reason why you post and try to educate people but this forum will have new members and many of those are idiots by default so ...

I stand by the statement - if you do not want to know the reults - do not come here. Protect yourself ok ?

RacquetDoctor
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM

use vmware, and run windows...I have to do it to watch the masters series on the net...

it's very workable on my macbook pro...

Cheers!

Mark

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-04-2008, 06:23 PM
I think you and I have been the only two that have continually appreciated the little bald Russian for the last year win or lose.

I think it's been exactly a year that we both defended his so called "boring game" and his receding hairline. :lol:

What a difference a year makes. :)

daddy
04-04-2008, 06:25 PM
I think it's been exactly a year that we both defended his so called "boring game" and his bald spot.

What a difference a year makes. :)

What about Ljubicic. How do you regard his game - would you say he is boring ? Because I would to some extent, his body language is awful and I can not stand to watch his mathces ? ..

Though he is a marginal character from now on imo.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-04-2008, 06:30 PM
What about Ljubicic. How do you regard his game - would you say he is boring ? Because I would to some extent, his body language is awful and I can not stand to watch his mathces ? ..

Though he is a marginal character from now on imo.

Ljubicic is another player that I like because of his contained temperment on the court, and his openess off the court.

If you ever saw or read some of his post match interviews, you will see he's a real stand up guy, and very likable. Also, his background in terms of his roots from Crotia to Italy is a really great story. I guess I am just a sucker for a feel good story. :oops:

Quattro
04-04-2008, 06:40 PM
http://www.channelsurfing.net/

Thank you!!! :)

daddy
04-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Ljubicic is another player that I like because of his contained temperment on the court, and his openess off the court.

If you ever saw or read some of his post match interviews, you will see he's a real stand up guy, and very likable. Also, his background in terms of his roots from Crotia to Italy is a really great story. I guess I am just a sucker for a feel good story. :oops:

he is born in Banja Luka which is not far from here. ;)

I said his body language is awful and it is. I know a lot about him and he is a great tennis player, maybe not really a cream de la cream but he is really great. His volleying always amased me as did his Bh but he was a pain to watch to be honest. Big serve, big bh and great volleys and he managed to add something to all this, I dont know what to say. I just could not stand watching him even against my favourites.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-04-2008, 06:55 PM
he is born in Banja Luka which is not far from here. ;)

I said his body language is awful and it is. I know a lot about him and he is a great tennis player, maybe not really a cream de la cream but he is really great. His volleying always amased me as did his Bh but he was a pain to watch to be honest. Big serve, big bh and great volleys and he managed to add something to all this, I dont know what to say. I just could not stand watching him even against my favourites.

You're from Belgrade?

I honestly thought you were from Australia, ask me why? I have no idea.

Did you have a foot injury late last year?

Anyway..

I know sometimes he comes off as if he doesn't care, but you're right his body language isn't very positive, but I remember my first time seeing in person was at the 2003 US Open against Roddick. To me, I see his body language as dealing with the pressure, but it's hard to watch. The shot that keeps him back is his forehand, because to me he just rolls the shot and has no type of acceleration off that wing.

princess bossass
04-04-2008, 07:56 PM
use vmware, and run windows...I have to do it to watch the masters series on the net...

it's very workable on my macbook pro...

Cheers!

Mark

Huh... never knew such a thing existed! :oops: Thanks for the tip...:)

daddy
04-04-2008, 08:05 PM
You're from Belgrade?

I honestly thought you were from Australia, ask me why? I have no idea.

Did you have a foot injury late last year?

Anyway..

I know sometimes he comes off as if he doesn't care, but you're right his body language isn't very positive, but I remember my first time seeing in person was at the 2003 US Open against Roddick. To me, I see his body language as dealing with the pressure, but it's hard to watch. The shot that keeps him back is his forehand, because to me he just rolls the shot and has no type of acceleration off that wing.

I am from Belgrade. I dont know why you though I was aussie ?

I had a foot injury in jun last year. I was receiving and something happened and I fell down, it was really late and I was en route to winning, 4-1 in 3rd set and I relaxed a bit and it was near midnight and it just happened. Distort connective tissue level 3 - just shy of a complete rupture. 4 months off. I had a broken pinkie on jan '07 so I had to switch to 1hbh and toss was horrible experience at the time ( I am righty and pinky I broke was on left hand ) .. Bad year.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-04-2008, 08:12 PM
I am from Belgrade. I dont know why you though I was aussie ?

I had a foot injury in jun last year. I was receiving and something happened and I fell down, it was really late and I was en route to winning, 4-1 in 3rd set and I relaxed a bit and it was near midnight and it just happened. Distort connective tissue level 3 - just shy of a complete rupture. 4 months off. I had a broken pinkie on jan '07 so I had to switch to 1hbh and toss was horrible experience at the time ( I am righty and pinky I broke was on left hand ) .. Bad year.

I normally remember posters by their avatars rather than their names, and I think you had an avatar dealing with swimming or someone swimming and thatís why I thought you were Aussie. Roger Thorpe always comes to my mind when I think of swimming. :-|

Also, I remember you when you were dealing with your injury because you were online a lot, which isnít a bad thing by the way. You just changed your avatar, thatís why I couldnít remember where I knew you from.

daddy
04-04-2008, 08:15 PM
I normally remember posters by their avatars rather than their names, and I think you had an avatar dealing with swimming or someone swimming and thatís why I thought you were Aussie. Roger Thorpe always comes to my mind when I think of swimming. :-|

Also, I remember you when you were dealing with your injury because you were online a lot, which isnít a bad thing by the way. You just changed your avatar, thatís why I couldnít remember where I knew you from.

Great memory. I had to have such avatar you know, to cheer me up ! That was my pic also, I dont know why but I dont like to idolise people so I tend to selfpromote on boards. ;)

Odd that Phelps does not come to mind when you talk about swimming ? Thorp is old news.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Great memory. I had to have such avatar you know, to cheer me up ! That was my pic also, I dont know why but I dont like to idolise people so I tend to selfpromote on boards. ;)

Odd that Phelps does not come to mind when you talk about swimming ? Thorp is old news.

I know Michael Phelps is the class of the sport now, but for some reason I still think of Thorpe as the man.:confused:

I am a little behind I guess and it's good to self promote, but I keep my avatar blank for now. Maybe one day, I will put something up.