PDA

View Full Version : Roddick v Davydenko (Spoiler)

Feņa14
04-04-2008, 04:44 PM

Tennis_Monk
04-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Not really.

montx
04-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Im sorry Tennis Monk, I heard the commentator on TV say that same thing. I just thought it was a bunch of crap that Andy didn't emotionally have enough.

But then again, with due respect to you and the commentator, I could be wrong. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, I'm not trying to be rude.

I don't think the issue was emotional of nature of any sort. If anything, the battle against Fed took out of him physically and perhaps somewhat mentally but definitely not emotionally.

iamke55
04-04-2008, 05:03 PM
During this year, players who beat Federer immediately have a mental lapse and cannot play to their full potential in the following match. Djokovic was lucky because Tsonga was playing junior style tennis and the match was best of 5 sets, which gave him time to recover from post-Federer thrashing mentality.

califsurferboy33
04-04-2008, 05:05 PM
davydenko was just playing amazing and moving roddick around, roddick just could keep up and wasn't being offensive enough. plus davydenko was receiving very well.

Tennis_Monk
04-04-2008, 05:09 PM
During this year, players who beat Federer immediately have a mental lapse and cannot play to their full potential in the following match. Djokovic was lucky because Tsonga was playing junior style tennis and the match was best of 5 sets, which gave him time to recover from post-Federer thrashing mentality.

Please forget that Myth. It isnt true. Djokovic beat Federer and he did just fine(just to refresh your memory Djokovic also won Indian Wells)

Lets see list of people who Beat Federer so far ...Djokovic, Andy Murray, Mardy Fish and Andy Roddick. They all seem to be doing fine for this time of the year.

CanadianChic
04-04-2008, 05:11 PM

Tsk, tsk. Fena, you know better! ;)

Feņa14
04-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Tsk, tsk. Fena, you know better! ;)

Haha I know!

In my haste to discuss I got the wrong forum.. at least I managed to save it before someone read it who might not want to though ;)

daddy
04-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Haha I know!

In my haste to discuss I got the wrong forum.. at least I managed to save it before someone read it who might not want to though ;)

Hey Fenja. Turned out good though. Someone should post these all the time, then when people come to look at them and post inside - nothing. Then ! they realise that it is the wrong forum. ;)

Feņa14
04-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey Fenja. Turned out good though. Someone should post these all the time, then when people come to look at them and post inside - nothing. Then ! they realise that it is the wrong forum. ;)

lol. It's my belated April fools to you all ;)

daddy
04-04-2008, 07:26 PM
lol. It's my belated April fools to you all ;)

And please do not update your avatar to Avram Grant, I will instantly quit the board. :)