PDA

View Full Version : Andy is going to win Wimbledon!!!

saqdeez
04-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Oh wait, that was yesterday.

Cfidave
04-05-2008, 03:40 AM
The way he acted, you would of thought he did. He wins a quarter final match, goes 2-16 against Fed, and its the best match of his carrer, according to Andy groupie Justin dribble mouth.

A.Davidson
04-05-2008, 03:45 AM
Not to dismiss Andy's win, because it certainly is a big accomplishment for him, but people really have blown this out of proportion.

Now I suppose since Roddick defeated Federer, that with this new result his opponent in the semis must be the favorite now?

You heard it here first. :P

zagor
04-05-2008, 04:13 AM
No he won't,the Wimbledon title will go to Federer,Nadal or Djokovic.I would be very surprised if someone else took it.

aceroberts13
04-05-2008, 05:27 AM
The way he acted, you would of thought he did. He wins a quarter final match, goes 2-16 against Fed, and its the best match of his carrer, according to Andy groupie Justin dribble mouth.

If you can't comprehend how huge mentally that was for Andy you don't know as much about tennis as you think you do. Yes it was just a QF win in the tournament but think of how many times Andy has pushed Fed to his limit only to still come up short. And he has also been shilacked by Fed in the past too. This is a huge hurdle for Andy to overcome. It doesn't mean he is going to be number one again or anything crazy like that, but it was gigantic for Andy. This win is going to take away a lot of fear and hesitation from him which could make him more dangerous than any other player wants to deal with.

asintu
04-05-2008, 05:50 AM
No he won't,the Wimbledon title will go to Federer,Nadal or Djokovic.I would be very surprised if someone else took it.

i would drop djokovic from the list

Mr. Federerpov
04-05-2008, 05:59 AM
Oh cīmon . I mean I really do believe that Andy is a great guy BUT

remember the Kooyong invitational where Andy stated that he gained confidence win the win over Fed and that he is closer to feds level.

His win in Miami doenst prove anything especially when you look at Federer who has been slumping this year so far

Clay lover
04-05-2008, 06:16 AM
you guys are slow at noticing the sarcasm intended by the thread opener, aren't you?

Vector
04-05-2008, 06:18 AM

You lose that many matches to someone, especially in big events and you would celebrate also.

Stchamps
04-05-2008, 08:02 AM
you guys are slow at noticing the sarcasm intended by the thread opener, aren't you?

Yea so many people just read the topic title then don't even look at what the OPer writes in their comments.

NamRanger
04-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Oh cīmon . I mean I really do believe that Andy is a great guy BUT

remember the Kooyong invitational where Andy stated that he gained confidence win the win over Fed and that he is closer to feds level.

His win in Miami doenst prove anything especially when you look at Federer who has been slumping this year so far

That was an exhibition, this was a Masters QF. TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Shabazza
04-05-2008, 08:42 AM
The real hurdle for Roddick is to beat Federer in a best of 5 match at a GS. He's never done that before, and I doubt he ever will, certainly not at Wimbledon - the USO is his best shot.

Morrissey
04-05-2008, 09:21 AM
US Open is his best chance because the court is quick enough to make his groundstrokes faster, Davydenko was all over his shots. When they played at the USO a couple of years ago Roddick's shots didn't sit up like they did here. The court is still slow. Wimby is is second best chance of the 4 majors but I don't think he can beat guys like Fed, Nadal and Joker in a best of 5 event. The cream tends to the rise to the top, that's more apparent in slams. But yeah, I got the OP, everyone was on his nuts and now, not so much. But for Roddick, beating Fed the other day (in a MS) was bigger for him than winning San Jose or Dubai this year. Definitely his most memorable and proud moment of the year.

alienhamster
04-05-2008, 09:24 AM
The real hurdle for Roddick is to beat Federer in a best of 5 match at a GS. He's never done that before, and I doubt he ever will, certainly not at Wimbledon - the USO is his best shot.
That's not necessarily the biggest hurdle anymore. Both Nadal and Djokovic can take out Federer, as well as an increasing cast of others. Andy may not have to play Fed if Andy's on the other side of the draw and one of these guys takes Fed out first in a slam. And Andy has demonstrated that he can potentially beat everyone else.

Overall, I do think Andy's chances are starting to look better this year. He needs to remember how to defeat the counterpuncher-ish guys like Davydenko and Ferrer (Answer: change the ball heights and spins, don't give them rhythm).