PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of switching to a one handed backhand

Rickson
04-05-2008, 06:08 AM
I have a very good 2 handed backhand when I play lefty because I used to play baseball as a kid so the lefty 2 hander feels similar to my batting stance. This is where I have a dilemna because I'm the OHBS (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=172774) leader and I certainly use a one handed backhand when I play righty, but there seems to be a conflict of interest when I play with my off hand. I'm thinking of becoming a one hander off both wings. Opinions please.

quicken
04-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Join the bright side of things, join the 2HBH club :D.

Voltron
04-05-2008, 09:16 AM
As I see it, your obligations to your club are to hit 1HBHs when you play with your right hand, so I don't think you're obligated to do the same lefty if it doesn't feel good.

Voltron
04-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Forgot to mention, the lefty 1HBH is horrendously ugly, so for that reason alone, I wouldn't use it.

ndtennis
04-05-2008, 09:25 AM
seems to me the one-handded backhand is a dieing breed

watermantra
04-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Forgot to mention, the lefty 1HBH is horrendously ugly, so for that reason alone, I wouldn't use it.

Why do you think a lefty One Handed backhand is necessarily "horrendously ugly". It's like you're implying that lefties are somehow handicapped, and can't just mirror a rightly one hander.

I've seen some beautiful lefty one handers on the courts, if not necessarily represented by today's pros.

Rickson, I think you probably know your answer, as faithful leader of the OHBS!!

tennisplayer1981
04-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Why don't you just get rid of the backhand completely and use a lefty forehand and righty forehand? Imagine the look on your opponent's face.

Rickson
04-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Why don't you just get rid of the backhand completely and use a lefty forehand and righty forehand? Imagine the look on your opponent's face.

If I can play lefty, don't you think I can already do that?

Andres
04-05-2008, 09:53 AM
You should work on that powerpuff second serve of yours.
Or maybe get rid of the belly fat you've been complaining about lately, instead of goofing around playing left handed.

Rickson
04-05-2008, 10:02 AM
You should work on that powerpuff second serve of yours.
Or maybe get rid of the belly fat you've been complaining about lately, instead of goofing around playing left handed.

You're just mad because I beat your post count.

Andres
04-05-2008, 10:13 AM
That speaks worse about you than me, my friend. :)
I've been too busy changing my avatar from Goran Ivanisevic to Hugh Laurie

tennisplayer1981
04-05-2008, 11:02 AM
If I can play lefty, don't you think I can already do that?

Just curious, when you played baseball you were a switch hitter, right?