PDA

View Full Version : Davydenko and his secret bank account question.

The FishEXpress
04-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Q: How much has Davydenko earnt from 'pretending to retire' from his matches?

I ask this seriously.. as tennis betting is arife on the atp circuit, yet not talked about in serious depth on this forum.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-05-2008, 05:05 PM

I ask this seriously.. as tennis betting is arife on the atp circuit, yet not talked about in serious depth on this forum.

Where did you get this question? :evil:

I can easily try to find it, but can you post the entire transcript?

Mark Vessels
04-06-2008, 09:13 AM

Seriously, don't be serious

SpinningForehand
04-06-2008, 09:20 AM
I feel so bad for him. The ATP must hate him.

PROTENNIS63
04-06-2008, 09:27 AM
He just made up the question

daddy
04-06-2008, 09:33 AM
He just made up the question

The scary thing is that Davy earned a lot more than he WILL in his entire life - only counting the prize money and yet HE thinks Davy needs something illegal to bring up his earnings.

christo
04-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Davydenko is totally cool, he seems to be improving in quite a few dept's, unlike many of the other top players, he actually knocked off a couple of nice volleys against Roddick and is serving very nicely, could be a dark horse at the FO

Leublu tennis
04-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Davydenko is totally cool, he seems to be improving in quite a few dept's, unlike many of the other top players, he actually knocked off a couple of nice volleys against Roddick and is serving very nicely, could be a dark horse at the FO

Might have something to do with having the so called investigation finally dropped.

The FishEXpress
04-07-2008, 02:14 PM
you're an idiot

Before you start insulting people ..please have some proof and reasoning...and then I will respect yr views.

tell me and then answer the following queries:

- what do the ATP gain from investigating the current world no.4?
- Why the reluctance of Davydenko and his team to hand over phone records?
- why the irregular betting patterns?
- WHY were there nine RUSSIAN account holders with Betfair playing the Davydenko Vs Arguello market. (Subsequently, they stood to make about $1,500,000 from an Arguello win).

The world isn't as perfect as you think. For your info davydenko is a great player...regardless of his troubles.

The FishEXpress
04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
He is to be cleared here shortly. There was already a thread citing a source that the investigation and the ATP said that Davydenko was totally cleared and no longer under investigation.

Stop bringing up trash.

Even if Nikolai Davydenko does have telephone records with the linked bettors it is still very difficult to prove they had an agreement to throw the match. Going by the law, by right, I agree, he will be cleared..

By no means is this 'trash'. If it is 'trash' please care to state why and then I will respect you.

The FishEXpress
04-07-2008, 02:25 PM
I feel so bad for him. The ATP must hate him.

I agree. It was pointless to publicize.

norcal
04-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Before you start insulting people ..please have some proof and reasoning...and then I will respect yr views.

tell me and then answer the following queries:

- WHY were there nine RUSSIAN account holders with Betfair playing the Davydenko Vs Arguello market. (Subsequently, they stood to make about $1,500,000 from an Arguello win).

The world isn't as perfect as you think. For your info davydenko is a great player...regardless of his troubles.

I have yet to hear ONE half decent argument that Davy was not directly involved in fixing this match. If you read the facts it seems the circumstantial evidence is so strong. But without an admission or a 'smoking gun' the ATP can't prove it so Davy plays on.

Of course like Davy said in the ESPN interview, "There is no Mafia in Russia." so that pretty much settles that.

gj011
04-07-2008, 02:41 PM
I have yet to hear ONE half decent argument that Davy was not directly involved in fixing this match. If you read the facts it seems the circumstantial evidence is so strong. But without an admission or a 'smoking gun' the ATP can't prove it so Davy plays on.

What happened with "Innocent until proven guilty"? Or that principle does not apply for Russians?

They want to put pressure on irregular betting. Hence the investigation. Davydenko was just the "collateral damage".

Would you hand over your phone records? I for sure would not. Did they have the court order to get them? It is violation of basic human rights that one sport's organization can demand phone records of any person they don't like.

By no means is this 'trash'. If it is 'trash' please care to state why and then I will respect you.

This is trash, and you get no respect for posting it. All this nonsense is getting old. Really old.

Satch
04-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Davydenko is finally playing the best tennis in his life because Atp stop putting pressure on him with crap, and then i see some stupid thread like this again.

leave Nikolai alone, he is really good player...

The FishEXpress
04-07-2008, 03:03 PM

Of course like Davy said in the ESPN interview, "There is no Mafia in Russia." so that pretty much settles that.

i agree..not sure about the mafia link though..as I deem that slightly unfair as there is no proof.

are you talking about this espn link Norcal? http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=3235411

norcal
04-07-2008, 03:57 PM
I am not saying he has any ties to the Russian mob, I was referring to his answer when asked, "Some wonder if you may have ties with the Russian mafia, how do you respond to that?"

He replied, "there is no mafia in Russia".

That puts his credibility pretty low.

Being cleared by the investigation (ie they could not find the smoking gun or get an admission) does not mean he is 'innocent' it just means they can't 'convict'.

I'm not a Davy hater at all, I can think critically and not just say, "zomg he's a good tennis player, you are mean, etc etc.

Whatever, to each his own.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I am not saying those that question his participation in the possible betting scandal are haters, just at the same time I have been following him, those haven't taken the time to get to know the guy. Nikolay's English has been something that still and I guess will always be something that will be get lost in translation.

Reading some of his transcripts and listening to him is person there are a lot of things that he says that are in fact inaudible. But I still feel bad for the guy for what he has been going through in terms of this scandal.

gj011
04-07-2008, 04:06 PM
I am not saying he has any ties to the Russian mob, I was referring to his answer when asked, "Some wonder if you may have ties with the Russian mafia, how do you respond to that?"

Being cleared by the investigation (ie they could not find the smoking gun or get an admission) does not mean he is 'innocent' it just means they can't 'convict'.

I'm not a Davy hater at all, I can think critically and not just say, "zomg he's a good tennis player, you are mean, etc etc.

Again, it looks like you have trouble understanding the "Innocent until proven guilty" principle.

Trying to ignore remarks you don't like puts your credibility pretty low.

Alexio92
04-07-2008, 04:06 PM

By that with his English he could have meant a variety of things, he might have meant to say "I have no ties with mafia in Russia" or something like that for all you or I know.

The FishEXpress
04-07-2008, 04:17 PM

Norcal, there is a connection with ATP tennis and the Russian Mafia.

Apparently, the Russians (mafia or not) offered world number 3. Novak Djokovic E 160,000 to lose his 1st round match in St. Petersburgh. Additionally, Pat Cash and John McEnroe both believe the Russian mafia is attempting to fix matches on the ATP tour too...so I cannot disagree with them.

pound cat
04-07-2008, 04:21 PM
By that with his English he could have meant a variety of things, he might have meant to say "I have no ties with mafia in Russia" or something like that for all you or I know.

He might have meant that oganized crime is not called "mafia" in Russia. When I was there criminals like these were referred to as " business men". Mafia is a term which should be used to only refer to organized crimials in Italy, mafia meaning a secret criminal society of Sicily or Italy.
r

The FishEXpress
04-07-2008, 04:42 PM
He might have meant that oganized crime is not called "mafia" in Russia. When I was there criminals like these were referred to as " business men". Mafia is a term which should be used to only refer to organized crimials in Italy, mafia meaning a secret criminal society of Sicily or Italy.
r

davydenko knows exactly what he's talking about.

Davydenko dismissed notions the Russian mafia was pressuring him.

just read this afp news extract

"I don't live in Moscow. I don't know really guys from Russian Mafia. I live from 15 years old in Germany. I don't know German Mafia," Davydenko said.

"It's pretty tough to say about Russian Mafia. Maybe if you go to Brooklyn you find Russian Mafia here in New York but I never saw no guys also in New York from Russia.

"Why not they speak about Italian guy? He's also from Mafia, no?"

gj011
04-07-2008, 04:46 PM
davydenko knows exactly what he's talking about.

Davydenko dismissed notions the Russian mafia was pressuring him.

just read this afp news extract

"I don't live in Moscow. I don't know really guys from Russian Mafia. I live from 15 years old in Germany. I don't know German Mafia," Davydenko said.

"It's pretty tough to say about Russian Mafia. Maybe if you go to Brooklyn you find Russian Mafia here in New York but I never saw no guys also in New York from Russia.

"Why not they speak about Italian guy? He's also from Mafia, no?"

Yes he knows and he is 100% correct here. It looks like you are the one who don't know what are you talking about.

CanadianChic
04-07-2008, 04:47 PM

Until proven it is nasty speculation and hurtful gossip. And for the record, it has been discussed in depth on this forum - employ the search function.

The FishEXpress
04-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes he knows and he is 100% correct here. It looks like you are the one who don't know what are you talking about.

ROFL.. Just think about what you just wrote. :)

gj011
04-07-2008, 04:58 PM
ROFL.. Just think about what you just wrote. :)

That is right. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Is this good enough for you? Now try to make some real argument to back a big bunch of nonsense and hateful empty accusations you are trying to manufacture here.

The FishEXpress
04-07-2008, 05:07 PM
:That is right. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Is this good enough for you? Now try to make some real argument to back a big bunch of nonsense and hateful empty accusations you are trying to manufacture here.

:):) ROFL again, but I think are trying to wind people up :):)
so where have i manufactured? given hateful empty accusations then?

As always...do yr own research . I can provide you with links if u need to...but all u need to do is google them... Unlucky buddy.

cool =] IT pleeez

CanadianChic
04-07-2008, 05:09 PM
:

:):) ROFL again, but I think are trying to wind people up :):)
so where have i manufactured? given hateful empty accusations then?

As always...do yr own research . I can provide you with links if u need to...but all u need to do is google them... Unlucky buddy.

cool =] IT pleeez

Are you sure it isn't the other way around? Considering nine of your eleven posts are regarding this, I'd say it is you who is trying to stir the pot.

The FishEXpress
04-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Are you sure it isn't the other way around? Considering nine of your eleven posts are regarding this, I'd say it is you who is trying to stir the pot.

maybe so. but i haven't 'manufactured' or 'given hateful empty accusations '

gj011
04-07-2008, 05:16 PM
cool =] COOL =] CoOl =] COoL =]

cool =] IT pleeez

How many more names do you use here? You registered this last one just to bash Davydenko, and then another one to support yourself in it.

You must be really obsessed by this to resort to such practice.

The FishEXpress
04-07-2008, 05:20 PM
How many more names do you use here? You registered this last one just to bash Davydenko, and then another one to support yourself in it.

You must be really obsessed by this to resort to such practice.

lol..nice try.

CanadianChic
04-07-2008, 05:21 PM
maybe so. but i haven't 'manufactured' or 'given hateful empty accusations '

Your first post is an empty accusation though. It is unfounded as there is no proof..he has not been found guilty of anything. It is speculation.

gj011
04-07-2008, 05:35 PM
lol..nice try.

Is it? Nobody ever used "cool =]" here ever, and then two different people used it in the same thread in couple of minutes. I don't think so.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/search.php?searchid=2188983

The FishEXpress
04-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Your first post is an empty accusation though. It is unfounded as there is no proof..he has not been found guilty of anything. It is speculation.

'empty accusation' - its called an question.. In fact he might not even have a secret bank account.

The FishEXpress
04-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Is it? Nobody ever used "cool =]" here ever, and then two different people used it in the same thread in couple of minutes. I don't think so.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/search.php?searchid=2188983

lol grow up. If it makes you happy, I am that person :) I also guise under various pseudonyms including; norcal, pound cat and canadainchic :) .

p.s. ever heard of copy an paste? :)

mengpower
04-08-2008, 01:29 AM
Please leave poor Kolya alone - give him some space man.
Whatever negative things you guys want to say about him has been said a million times and it is all getting so tiresome. Puhleeze find someone else to winge about.
A lesser man or woman would have crumpled and faded away with all the bad hype he had to face but NO NOT KOLYA - HE ROSE FROM THE ASHES LIKE PHOENIX RISING. Say what you want but he ain't bothered as he has lots to do and he has a LIFE to lead whilst the rest of ya whingers spend your time talking ill of others.:twisted:

Rhino
04-08-2008, 01:45 AM

When you have nothing to say, say nothing.

CanadianChic
04-08-2008, 03:18 AM

'empty accusation' - its called an question.. In fact he might not even have a secret bank account.

Really, 'cause this looks a bit like a baseless (or empty) accusation - you state as such in your OP. Then you say you only want to talk about it because it hasn't been discussed here, like you've invented the wheel. Again, do a search and you will see just how much it has been discussed. You're not the first, you won't be the last. As for a 'secret' bank account, where is your proof that he is squirreling his illegal payoffs somewhere? You infer as though he has some offshore account (which, even if it existed is hardly illegal or 'proof' of anything), when you have nothing to back it up, hence the 'baseless' comment.

pound cat
04-08-2008, 04:30 AM
Let's admit it, none of us has a clue as to what's going on with any of the players, the ATP, or organized crime.

But some posters are great speculators and wannabe secret service agents. A life on a messageboard.

hollywood9826
04-08-2008, 04:40 AM
I saw the link and thought and thought. The got bank account record of Davy's and there are odd deposits.

Then its just more of the same ole BS.

And yes his english is not best so dont take translations word for word.

"there is no Mafia in Russia" could mean any number of things. I give the guy credit for even talking about something s serious in a secondary language.

futuretoptenner
04-08-2008, 04:43 AM
Davydenko is such a scape goat, English is not his first language and even though he is number four in the world he's humble and keeps himself to himself. It seems this whole betting this has been completely blown out of proportion, whats worse is he is Russian and people are trying to make some secret link between him and the Mafia and all sorts of crazy theories.

gj011
04-08-2008, 05:15 AM
lol grow up. If it makes you happy, I am that person :) I also guise under various pseudonyms including; norcal, pound cat and canadainchic :) .

p.s. ever heard of copy an paste? :)

Lol. Nice try. :roll: Give up already. You are just making a fool of yourself.

The FishEXpress
04-08-2008, 05:56 AM
Really, 'cause this looks a bit like a baseless (or empty) accusation - you state as such in your OP. Then you say you only want to talk about it because it hasn't been discussed here, like you've invented the wheel. Again, do a search and you will see just how much it has been discussed. You're not the first, you won't be the last. As for a 'secret' bank account, where is your proof that he is squirreling his illegal payoffs somewhere? You infer as though he has some offshore account (which, even if it existed is hardly illegal or 'proof' of anything), when you have nothing to back it up, hence the 'baseless' comment.

Canadian Girl, I understand where you are coming from - you are entitled to yr conviction and I have taken into consideration yr viewpoint. Given its validity I am am convinced, hence, why I am considering re-editing it. I note, you probably have read everything I've written fastidiously and have tried to pick flaws within this thread so commend your efforts and time. That aside, do you have any further expostulations further to my points, because all can be fundamentally 'googled'

riggy 69
04-08-2008, 06:06 AM
He's done wrong in the past, so what???? We all make mistakes. We are only human.

LEAVE KOLYA ALONE!

mengpower
04-08-2008, 07:33 AM
You know what is so amazing is:
1) Kolya is not allowed to have any injury and retire or he will be accused of tanking.
2) Kolya is not allowed to have a bad day like what Nadal had in the Miami finals because if he does, then he would be accused of " not trying" and get fined.
3) Kolya is not allowed to NOT have hair like Agassi because then everyone jeers and say he is ugly and doesn't deserve his beautiful wife.
4) Kolya is not allowed to NOT jump around like a monkey cos people then say he is boring to watch even tho he plays his heart out.
5) Kolya is not allowed to play for money like the other top players because then he is accused of being a money grabbing tennis pretender.
6) Kolya is not allowed to work hard for his money by playing many tournaments cos then he is accused of NOT deserving of his ranking cos he plays too many tournaments.
7) Kolya is accused of being a match fixer by gamblers - talk about pot calling the kettle black indeed. Go winge about the Italian League or something regarding match fixing.
8) Kolya is not allowed to have savings, investments, off shore accounts to grow the money that he work so hard to make cos he will then be accused of stashing ill gotten gains.
9) Kolya is not allowed to be deserving of his $7,000,000 prize money earned thru the years because he can't beat Federer, Nadal, Roddick and Blake, so he should be kicked off the top 10. Even tho he beats all the rest of the field inc Nalbandian.
10) Kolya is not allowed to be admired for his skills and even tho he goes deep into ALL big tournaments - quarters and semis - he is still to be considered not good enough. And if he does well, it is fluke and and therefore doesnt count. They will still banish him to the outer courts.

But Kolya doesn't care, he just want to play tennis. He takes it all in his stride for the love of the game. Always humble, always polite and always unassuming no matter how bad he has been treated.

Keep it up Kolya because there are many of us even here in this forum who will cheer you on.

JackSkellington
04-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Canadian Girl, I understand where you are coming from - you are entitled to yr conviction and I have taken into consideration yr viewpoint. Given its validity I am am convinced, hence, why I am considering re-editing it. I note, you probably have read everything I've written fastidiously and have tried to pick flaws within this thread so commend your efforts and time. That aside, do you have any further expostulations further to my points, because all can be fundamentally 'googled'

"Brevity is the soul of wit"

raiden031
04-08-2008, 01:47 PM
What happened with "Innocent until proven guilty"? Or that principle does not apply for Russians?

An investigation was launched due to some very suspicious betting. Thats what should have happened.

They want to put pressure on irregular betting. Hence the investigation. Davydenko was just the "collateral damage".

The irregular betting against davydenko was awfully suspicious. I doubt it was just a coincidence.

Would you hand over your phone records? I for sure would not. Did they have the court order to get them?

Goes to show maybe he had something to hide. He should recognize the bizarre coincidence in the betting and seek to clear his name. I don't see why an investigation would surprise him.

It is violation of basic human rights that one sport's organization can demand phone records of any person they don't like.

This is laughable that you would make such a statement. Human rights violation? And its not that they don't like him, but they are investigating him with probable cause.

Do you honestly believe that the irregular betting incident was not grounds for an investigation?

norcal
04-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Raiden, logic does not work on Team Davy. Any unbiased person who has read the facts on this case would look at Davydenko in a extremely suspicious manner.

Here all you get is, 'leave Davy alone, he didn't do anything, it's not his fault tons of Russian money came in on the Argie even after Davy spanked him in the first set, it's all a coincidence, his foot hurt so bad he played the next 5 tournaments in a row, mom why did you drop me on my head when I was a baby?'

I'll bet you this: Davy will no longer having irregular betting patterns surrounding his matches. And that will be no coincidence since he knows he was close to losing his well paying job and fixing matches is not worth the risk.

The FishEXpress
04-08-2008, 03:11 PM
"Brevity is the soul of wit"

I love it when people rip off quotes from the doparted, not very witty though. :wink:

The FishEXpress
04-08-2008, 03:30 PM
This is laughable that you would make such a statement. Human rights violation? And its not that they don't like him, but they are investigating him with probable cause.

gj01 should book a holiday in Sudan this Summer to see what real human rights violation is about. I am not joking.

edberg505
04-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Raiden, logic does not work on Team Davy. Any unbiased person who has read the facts on this case would look at Davydenko in a extremely suspicious manner.

Here all you get is, 'leave Davy alone, he didn't do anything, it's not his fault tons of Russian money came in on the Argie even after Davy spanked him in the first set, it's all a coincidence, his foot hurt so bad he played the next 5 tournaments in a row, mom why did you drop me on my head when I was a baby?'

I'll bet you this: Davy will no longer having irregular betting patterns surrounding his matches. And that will be no coincidence since he knows he was close to losing his well paying job and fixing matches is not worth the risk.

But the bottom line is, it's all just speculation now. They have investigated him for almost a year and yet nothing turns up. Either Davydenko did nothing wrong to begin with or he is very, very, very good at hiding his tracks. I mean somewhere somebody had to slip up right?

norcal
04-08-2008, 03:54 PM
But the bottom line is, it's all just speculation now. They have investigated him for almost a year and yet nothing turns up. Either Davydenko did nothing wrong to begin with or he is very, very, very good at hiding his tracks. I mean somewhere somebody had to slip up right?Right it is all speculation now. I'm sure the ATP figured out early on it was unlikely to get a 'smoking gun' so they dragged out the investigation and put him on 'double secret probation' (we all saw the lousy treatment he got throughout the year) to send him a clear message: Cut it out now. Match fixing is a cancer, the ATP had to act. Most of the sporting world thinks the guy is fixing matches. They can't sit there and look totally impotent.

Looking at the circumstantial evidence I don't think it's enough to meet the criminal standard of 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. However I think it easily meets the civil standard of 'more likely than not he was involved' quite handily. And I think the ATP felt the same way.

Like I said earlier I would bet his future matches will not have irregular betting patterns.

Again I like Davy's game, don't have anything against him.