PDA

View Full Version : My goodness.

BkK_b0y14
04-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Roddick can really rip his strokes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ_x6uILLp8

I think Fed's slump has a lot to do with his fitness level right now. He is still recovering from his sickness IMO. Once he gets his fitness level back to normal and gets his great movement back, I think he will be fine. After all, Federer's game depends a lot on his movement, which he is lacking right now.

califsurferboy33
04-05-2008, 05:48 PM
yup, its a miracle that federer won that match, roddick was on fire

Babb
04-05-2008, 05:52 PM
IMO, it was no miracle. Roddick was having a good day, but Fed is like that every day (up until 2008... :( ).

jmsx521
04-05-2008, 05:53 PM
He was on fire... and for some reason he didn't take that match as an example... instead he is drifting now toward this other defense loopy-ground-strokes game.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-05-2008, 05:59 PM
This was also the great match AA made his brilliant commentary debut. . :D

yup, its a miracle that federer won that match, roddick was on fire

Roddick played as well as he could and Federer played as well as he could considering the storm Andy was throwing at him.

superman1
04-05-2008, 06:09 PM
It has been a common occurrence - Roddick playing as well as he can play, and Federer still winning. I remember the Wimbledon '04 final clearly, and everyone I talked to afterwards said the same thing - "that's the best I've ever seen Roddick play, and he still lost!"

It's about time he had some luck fly his way.

chiru
04-05-2008, 06:18 PM
It has been a common occurrence - Roddick playing as well as he can play, and Federer still winning. I remember the Wimbledon '04 final clearly, and everyone I talked to afterwards said the same thing - "that's the best I've ever seen Roddick play, and he still lost!"

It's about time he had some luck fly his way.

yah, but i think we were all sort of hoping that when andy beat roger, he'd do it when they were both playing close to their best, maybe andy gets a couple lucky breaks (net cords etc.) or other small intangibles and only a few pts. separate them. IMO in the 07 uso, in the first 2 sets, maybe only 1 or 2 points separated them (i dont count that 3rd set, thats just mentally too difficult for andy to play at that level and for federer not to start relaxing and playing even more freely). i was really hoping it wouldda happened at a match like that. phenomenal night, agassi commentating, both in black against each other at night at the USO, it wouldda been perfect.

superman1
04-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I agree. This was anticlimactic. It wasn't even on TV for most people.

baselinerT
04-06-2008, 06:20 AM
whats that music called, i have been hearing that for a lot of videos and it just sounds cool.

daddy
04-06-2008, 06:29 AM
yah, but i think we were all sort of hoping that when andy beat roger, he'd do it when they were both playing close to their best, maybe andy gets a couple lucky breaks (net cords etc.) or other small intangibles and only a few pts. separate them. IMO in the 07 uso, in the first 2 sets, maybe only 1 or 2 points separated them (i dont count that 3rd set, thats just mentally too difficult for andy to play at that level and for federer not to start relaxing and playing even more freely). i was really hoping it wouldda happened at a match like that. phenomenal night, agassi commentating, both in black against each other at night at the USO, it wouldda been perfect.

Honestly I think even you knew that it is not going to happen. I mean for Roddick to beat Federer something like this - Fed off form - had to happen. Otherwise if he is on and playing his usuall tennis I do not think that after so many close calls and hard losses Roddick had anymore left in the tank. He needed Fish to win and he needed to smell victory before stepping on court in order to regain confidence so needed for a win.

zagor
04-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Wish Roddick was agressive like that all the time and not playing defensive tennis 20ft behind the baseline.

jmsx521
04-06-2008, 06:33 AM
I agree with you zagor.

BkK_b0y14
04-06-2008, 11:10 AM
whats that music called, i have been hearing that for a lot of videos and it just sounds cool.

I'm pretty sure its Lux Aeterna by Clint Mansell from his album/soundtrack Requiem for a Dream

Vision84
04-06-2008, 11:20 AM
That song is from the movie Requiem for A Dream and I am ceertain of it. That is all I know though.

Roddick was cranking the ball but he was not playing intelligently and what he did would almost be enough against any other player but not Federer. Just putting pace on the ball doesn't tend to phase Federer. He handles pace better than anyone. There is one point in that set of the USopen where Roddick smashed a return at over 100mph and all Fedeer did was block it back into the open court and won the point. Roddick put so much energy into running around his backhand and smashing the return that he was well out of the court.