PDA

View Full Version : A "What If" thread: What if Davydenko had a full head of hair?

PCXL-Fan
04-06-2008, 02:26 AM
What if Davydenko had a full head of hair? How would his life change?

I think part of the reason Davydenko gets so little attention compared to guys like Blake, Roddick, Bagdahtis, Murray or Ferrer is because of his lack of hair that makes him look bad.

I saw a pic of him when he had hair and I'm not gay or anything but I think he'd get alot more chicks if he had that full head of hair.

Time for him to start using some of that prize money he won and start using Rogaine or transplant some of the hairs from elsewhere on the body onto his head.:razz:

I bet a Davydenko with hair would get alot more endorsement deals and media attention.

I was going to do a photoshopped pic of him with hair, but I'm feeling kinda lazy right now so somebody else can do it.

luca85
04-06-2008, 03:29 AM
show me the picture of him with hair please. thanks

Airwolf
04-06-2008, 05:02 AM
Being bald didn't seem to hurt Agassi's marketability.
I would say that the two strikes Davydenko has against him marketing wise are his personality and the gambling rumors.

Young Pete
04-06-2008, 05:21 AM
nothing wrong with davydenko. he needs to hire a better agent to get recognized and his current clothing sponsorship needs to advertize more with him as the main endorser.

callitout
04-06-2008, 05:23 AM
This came up before...he just needs a nasty edge to go with his looks. He needs to be remarketed to go with his looks.
He should use the nickname "Skeletor" dress in all black and portray an evil persona; he'd be like the bad guy in wrestlemania.

Tempest344
04-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Davydenko is already married

he gets little attention because he seems like a much more quiet guy who keeps to himself

that would be a good thing though...more privacy

Duzza
04-06-2008, 05:35 AM
I don't think he cares. Hot wife. Good tennis. Doesn't have to worry about money for the rest of his life. His life is good.

pound cat
04-06-2008, 05:45 AM
This came up before...he just needs a nasty edge to go with his looks. He needs to be remarketed to go with his looks.
He should use the nickname "Skeletor" dress in all black and portray an evil persona; he'd be like the bad guy in wrestlemania.

He looks good now that he's out of the bald look, has had his teeth veneered (no wonder he had the huge smiles after the Roddick match) and he has a beautiful wife who also seems to have gone to the same dentist and had her teeth veneered too, a great job and superb groundies. And when he wins a Slam he'll have lots of endorsements.

I did notice he's very frugal...no throwing of sweatbands to the crowd, they went right into his bag. And when I met him in the elevator in Montreal he and his brother were coming up from the food court in the rwy station below the hotel with cups of coffee rather than eating breakfast in the hotel fining room.

I don't know if remarketing as "Devil" Davydenko would work. He just seems too angelic with that blond hair...or what's left of it.

PROTENNIS63
04-06-2008, 06:05 AM

I think part of the reason Davydenko gets so little attention compared to guys like Blake, Roddick, Bagdahtis, Murray or Ferrer is because of his lack of hair that makes him look bad.

I saw a pic of him when he had hair and I'm not gay or anything but I think he'd get alot more chicks if he had that full head of hair.

Time for him to start using some of that prize money he won and start using Rogaine or transplant some of the hairs from elsewhere on the body onto his head.:razz:

I bet a Davydenko with hair would get alot more endorsement deals and media attention.

I was going to do a photoshopped pic of him with hair, but I'm feeling kinda lazy right now so somebody else can do it.

Blake has no hair.

But I do think if he had Fed's hair, or Nadal's hair, he will get more attention.

beedlejuice22
04-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Blake has no hair.

But I do think if he had Fed's hair, or Nadal's hair, he will get more attention.

that would be very scary if davydenko had nadals hair. just imagaine it. some quiet russian guy with dripping shoulder length hair.

saram
04-06-2008, 06:25 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll282/tennisloco/USO_012.jpg

daddy
04-06-2008, 06:32 AM
Davydenko needs anything ? As far as I know he has won around 7.5 million $$ prize money alone thus far, he is a rich man as far as we are talking about money. He does not need or want attention, he wants the media to leave him alone to play tennis. I am sure his endorsments are high, maybe not Federer high but he does not look like a spender and I am sure he will invest wisely. I imagine many would like to have him as a coach or commentator or so I guess he can pretty much do what he likes when he retires from active playing, if he does not - he has a hot wife a bunch of cash and a succesfull tennis career.

saram
04-06-2008, 06:47 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll282/tennisloco/36077505397.jpg

saram
04-06-2008, 06:48 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll282/tennisloco/36077263927.jpg

saram
04-06-2008, 06:48 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll282/tennisloco/36076715128.jpg

saram
04-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Now, I don't know about you, but looking at this image, I don't think his wife is anything to shake a stick at. Seems as though Niko has everything...

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll282/tennisloco/da2.jpg

saram
04-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Davydenko needs anything ? As far as I know he has won around 7.5 million $$ prize money alone thus far, he is a rich man as far as we are talking about money. He does not need or want attention, he wants the media to leave him alone to play tennis. I am sure his endorsments are high, maybe not Federer high but he does not look like a spender and I am sure he will invest wisely. I imagine many would like to have him as a coach or commentator or so I guess he can pretty much do what he likes when he retires from active playing, if he does not - he has a hot wife a bunch of cash and a succesfull tennis career.

I agree with everthing. And I would LOVE to hear him with his broken English commentating!

daddy
04-06-2008, 06:54 AM
I agree with everthing. And I would LOVE to hear him with his broken English commentating!

;) I did not think he has to commentate speaking english, there are at least 300 million people speaking Russian and tennis is big overthere also. But he is a good guy and the treand of people from tennis being commentators will only spred imo so ..

saram
04-06-2008, 06:56 AM
;) I did not think he has to commentate speaking english, there are at least 300 million people speaking Russian and tennis is big overthere also. But he is a good guy and the treand of people from tennis being commentators will only spred imo so ..

I'm serious--I would rather listen to him in broken English than P Mac or Justin G. I think Niko in English commentating would just be a breath of fresh air. Of course, I love everything about Niko...so...maybe I'm biased?

daddy
04-06-2008, 07:01 AM
I'm serious--I would rather listen to him in broken English than P Mac or Justin G. I think Niko in English commentating would just be a breath of fresh air. Of course, I love everything about Niko...so...maybe I'm biased?

Maybe both of us are but what the hell. ;)

He is just a good guy imo and I bet many would loooove to have his career. People look at all the Nadal's Federer's and Djokovic's and Roddick's and they all think what he did is nothing. No one seems to think he is really such a small light and shy person and this is a succes for him.

saram
04-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Maybe both of us are but what the hell. ;)

He is just a good guy imo and I bet many would loooove to have his career. People look at all the Nadal's Federer's and Djokovic's and Roddick's and they all think what he did is nothing. No one seems to think he is really such a small light and shy person and this is a succes for him.

You're right, he's not in the spotlight, made over $7 million, has not only a hot wife--but a nice one as well, and people generally don't even know who he is (which would make eating dinner out less stressful). I think he has the perfect career--no pressure put upon him, stays in the top four for a few years, etc...

zagor
04-06-2008, 07:12 AM

The main reason why Davydenko doesn't get much attention here despite being IMO the cleanest ballstriker on tour(along with Nalbandian) is that he doesn't have a "personality" in a sense that he doesn't break rackets,argue with umpires,pump fist all the time,yell C'mon/Vamos etc. In my opinion he is a great guy with a beatifull game.I love to watch him when he is on,taking the ball early and painting the lines,he just looks like a machine out there.I hope he has a great 2008 because I feel that now when he has finally been cleared of those betting charges and without injury problems at the moment he can fully focus on tennis and produce great results.As fot those who think he doesn't have a heart let them watch the match between him and Nadal in Rome last year,that was an amazing match with Kolya leaving everything on the court and almost defeating the claycourt king.

PROTENNIS63
04-06-2008, 07:20 AM
that would be very scary if davydenko had nadals hair. just imagaine it. some quiet russian guy with dripping shoulder length hair.

Safin had a lot of hair at one time.

pr0n8r
04-06-2008, 07:32 AM
I think his best move is to go full bald, like Agassi. It wouldn't hurt him to stop by the weight room a little more like Agassi as well.

Sentinel
04-06-2008, 08:21 AM
What if Henin was 6'1" tall ?

BallzofSkill
04-06-2008, 08:38 AM
if the devil made a deal with davydenko: hair or tennis career?

which would he choose?

daddy
04-06-2008, 08:45 AM

which would he choose?

same as agassi ?

BallzofSkill
04-06-2008, 08:50 AM
same as agassi ?

u callin' agassi a devil worshipper?

daddy
04-06-2008, 08:52 AM
u callin' agassi a devil worshipper?

You remember his early days do you ? He had like a lot of hair. I just wondered what happened to it.

Makes me think, u callin' Davy a devil worshipper ?

lonestar
04-06-2008, 09:48 AM

Well said daddy. People use to mistake shy/quiet/low-key for boring. I don't think he's boring at all, he just wants to play tennis and have a good life, away from the media hype and spotlight. He's a hard working man and derserves all the success he has. There are enough of those overhyped clowns already.

Leublu tennis
04-06-2008, 10:33 AM
And I think his tennis will get better. He has improved a lot over the past few years.

Shaolin
04-06-2008, 11:09 AM
You remember his early days do you ? He had like a lot of hair. I just wondered what happened to it.

Makes me think, u callin' Davy a devil worshipper ?

It was karma for growing that mullet. Grow a mullet, lose your hair. Thats how it should be.

PCXL-Fan
04-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Blake has no hair.

Yeah but some people look better than others without hair. Davydenko isn't one of them.

PCXL-Fan
04-06-2008, 12:58 PM
It was karma for growing that mullet. Grow a mullet, lose your hair. Thats how it should be.

This statement is utter brilliance. :)

adlis
04-06-2008, 01:19 PM

which would he choose?

no comment....http://s4.directupload.net/images/080113/2je3nlmv.jpg

f1 tech
04-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Can someone photoshop Davydenko with some interesting hair dues?

robin7
04-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Nikolay with full hair will look like Alexander Popov (Russian swimmer)!

http://img.timezone.com/img/articles/news631952811405312500/omega01.jpg

miniRafa386
04-06-2008, 01:35 PM
davy looks younger with hair.

and about blake, because he HAD crazy *** hair gave him a marketable persona

35ft6
04-06-2008, 01:38 PM
I agree, if he were better looking, it would completely change the way people even interpret his tennis game. He's called boring now but if he looked like a young Johnny Depp, people would see his game as being balletic and beautiful.

superman1
04-06-2008, 07:17 PM
I went a step further, and gave him not only luscious curls, but also a rippling bod:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9459/curls2gg0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Davydenko needs some rogain and 'roids stat!

princess bossass
04-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Being bald didn't seem to hurt Agassi's marketability.
I would say that the two strikes Davydenko has against him marketing wise are his personality and the gambling rumors.

Agassi was also remarkably good-looking. His eyes are pretty timeless.

I think hair wouldn't make that much of a difference. He's just so...delicate-looking.:? I'm sure he's strong as an ox, but it looks like most guys could break him over their knee like a twig.

Djokovicfan4life
04-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Davy would make a good Bosley spokesman, better than the losers they've got on there right now.

P.S. That Murray pic scared the crap out of me! :shock:

my_forehand
04-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I went a step further, and gave him not only luscious curls, but also a rippling bod:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9459/curls2gg0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Davydenko needs some rogain and 'roids stat!

...:lol:

That suits him well...

BeHappy
04-06-2008, 07:50 PM
I think baldness suits him a hell of a lot more than it did Agassi.

Maybe I'm the only one here but I think Davydenko's one o the lucky few who baldness actually suits?

I think the real reason he's so unpopular is because he can just barely speak english, it's impossible to discern any type of personality from his rare tv interviews.

superman1
04-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Well, who looks better with hair?

Agassi
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7978/agassi10qe7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

or

Davydenko
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2002/davyhairyfm2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

wyutani
04-06-2008, 08:41 PM
davy looks extremely ugly wif hair...

Shaolin
04-06-2008, 09:03 PM
This statement is utter brilliance. :)

Thanks! Brilliant statements are my specialty :)

Back to 'Denko...what he needs to do is simple: shave the dome completely (youre supposed to fire it before it quits on you anyway), get a big tattoo on his neck (nothing says thugged out like a tat on your neck) and fill up his player's box with strippers a la Safin. He can keep his wife there too it will make him look like an even bigger pimp. Also adding on 20 pounds wouldnt hurt. Eating a large pizza daily should do it. Following these steps he will be extremely marketable within 6 weeks guaranteed.

daddy
04-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks! Brilliant statements are my specialty :)

Back to 'Denko...what he needs to do is simple: shave the dome completely (youre supposed to fire it before it quits on you anyway), get a big tattoo on his neck (nothing says thugged out like a tat on your neck) and fill up his player's box with strippers a la Safin. He can keep his wife there too it will make him look like an even bigger pimp. Also adding on 20 pounds wouldnt hurt. Eating a large pizza daily should do it. Following these steps he will be extremely marketable within 6 weeks guaranteed.

LOL, granted. I doubt it would help his tennis but it would be well worth it. . ;)

Sentinel
04-06-2008, 09:55 PM
I think baldness suits him a hell of a lot more than it did Agassi.

Maybe I'm the only one here but I think Davydenko's one o the lucky few who baldness actually suits?

Absolutely true. But his interview went quite well. I liked the part when he said he would play with that rack "forever" :-)

You dudes are really gross, my_fo and superman :-) what horrible pics you have created, like you hate the man!!!
Are there any younger pics of Davyd with hair available, not POORLY photoshopped ones.

It looks like you guys asked your kid sister to splash some paint around his face. Must have taken half a second to make those pics :-)

superman1
04-07-2008, 03:58 AM
Hey, location Addis Ababa. That's where Lex Luthor got his Kryptonite, the ba$****.

BallzofSkill
04-07-2008, 04:41 AM
i keep hearing stories about safin and his women in his box. anyone got pics or anything?

Rhino
04-07-2008, 04:53 AM
He doesn't need hair. He's not even ugly. i think the fact that he is bald, not American, a bit shy, and that English is not his first language, makes certain types of people undervalue him. But it's those kind of people that probably appeal to Davydenko less than anyone, he know's whats really important.

CyBorg
04-07-2008, 06:51 AM
Photoshop please.

mengpower
04-07-2008, 07:01 AM
Kolya is da bomb and he doesn't need hair8)
http://www.corinnedubreuil.com/GALERIES/DAVYDENKO/index.html

Just have alook at thse photos!! HOT:twisted:

ATXtennisaddict
04-07-2008, 07:03 AM
I was expecting some photochops.

Sentinel
04-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Hey, location Addis Ababa. That's where Lex Luthor got his Kryptonite, the ba$****.
My name is Sentinel, not "location Addis Ababa", haha :-D
I am not responsible for what happened to you in the movies !

He doesn't need hair. He's not even ugly. i think the fact that he is bald, not American, a bit shy, and that English is not his first language, makes certain types of people undervalue him. But it's those kind of people that probably appeal to Davydenko less than anyone, he know's whats really important.
I agree. I think the general public, at least this forum likes the testosterone pumping, yelling, cussing, racket smashing players.

I like Kolya precisely because he's a shy quiet guy, lets his racket do the talking. Plus, I've said this b4, I like his wife, too ;-)

Sentinel
04-07-2008, 07:09 AM
I was expecting some photochops.
haha, lets paste his head over Rafa's body and see how "hot" he looks, and put Murray's mop on top.

mengpower
04-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Am trying to paste some great photos of Davy but can't seem to do it.

So please have alook at this photo gallery of Kolya's photo shoot.
Some smoldering hot photos of him.
http://www.corinnedubreuil.com/GALERIES/DAVYDENKO/index.html

click on the above link to go to the flash gallery.

jamesblakefan#1
04-07-2008, 07:19 AM
He looks kinda like a bald Viggo Mortensen.

vbranis
04-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Davydenko with a head of hair.
http://www.dutchopentennis.nl/docs/upload/Image/nieuws/270.jpg

Davydenko angry after losing his hair.
http://www.javno.com/slike/slike_3/r1/g2007/m01/x31128564869066200.jpg

futuretoptenner
04-07-2008, 02:11 PM
This is a certainly a weird thread, but as a person whos full head of hair is the source of my own powers, I suggest he grows a long lock of hair he will then become number one in the world.

CyBorg
04-08-2008, 08:53 AM
He can always grow an Al Iafrate-mullet.

Rickson
04-08-2008, 09:01 AM

Blake's doing pretty well for himself with the bald look. Nobody cares about hair on men these days. Davydenko should get a razor blade and shave off the sides. Now that would be a cool look for him.

PCXL-Fan
10-30-2008, 03:14 PM
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3996/davydenkolastsm2.jpg
By pcxlfan (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/pcxlfan) at 2008-10-30

Marat Safin hair:
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7553/davydenkooe2.jpg

PCXL-Fan
10-30-2008, 03:32 PM
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3874/davydenko2ak4.jpg

veritech
10-30-2008, 05:01 PM
not a big fan of old bumps, but that is hilarious.

he already has his supermodel face on

Element54
10-30-2008, 05:07 PM
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3874/davydenko2ak4.jpg

Thats freakin hilarious

msc886
10-30-2008, 05:12 PM
He doesn't get much attention because he keeps to himself. Bald guys cn get attention. eg Agassi, Blake etc

Gugafan
10-30-2008, 05:37 PM
He is a low profile player....Goes about his buisness on the court and is not caught up in player partys, events etc.

Fair play to him, he is a solid top 5 player with great work ethic.

Skooler
10-30-2008, 05:39 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/HighVoltageZ12/36076713236.jpg