PDA

View Full Version : Mary Carillo

Tshooter
04-06-2008, 09:53 AM
I've never seen her and Montgomery Burns in the same place at the same time. Coincidence ? I think not.
Anyway, listening to Carillo cackle for 2 hours is not entertaining.

Lucinda
04-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Listening to her ramble on about Davydenko and Sopot 2007 is making me sick. She obviously thinks he's guilty and it's like she feels commentary gives her free reign to convict him to the viewers. "He'll always been remembered for it. He'll always be remembered for it." Well of course he will, if it's the only thing you are willing to talk about. Grr. I'm not even a Davydenko fan...

Chauvalito
04-06-2008, 10:14 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=1998149#post1998149

My thread from the beginning of the year is till relevant...I have watched the match for 5 minutes and I am already annoyed.

Again, I want to mention the commentators on AMS TV, their insight and analysis is second to none.

Tshooter
04-06-2008, 10:36 AM
""He'll always been remembered for it. He'll always be remembered for it."

I was thinking precisely the same thing. He'll always be remembered for it because you won't shut your f44cking mouth about it.

Whenever Carillo gets on something the repetition can kill you. Remember the obsession with the max two wrong challenge rule.

gj011
04-06-2008, 12:19 PM
She was awful, both yesterday and today.

tangerine
04-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Carillo's commentating during the Nadal-Davydenko match today must be a new low for her. Absolutely atrocious and condescending.

I used to like her many years ago but now I cringe whenever I see her in the booth. It doesn't matter who her partner is.

tenis
04-06-2008, 12:26 PM
She is getting worse and worse by the years........!

jetlee2k
04-06-2008, 02:05 PM
she is the worse tennis commentator ever.. I just can't stand to watch a match with her voice on it.. the MUTE button.... the bad part is you can not hear the sound of the ball.. it lost the intensity of the match.. Please please someone fire her off the air.. she SUCKS

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Leave Mary alone, I happen to like the lady. She has a tendency to talk a little too much, but what can I do? :confused:

I remember some of you guys complaining about ESPN and look what you got. Be careful what you ask for because we might get more on air time with Justin Gimelstob. :cry:

chrisdaniel
04-06-2008, 03:40 PM
after weeks of the Fox coverage I appreciate Mary .

MJM2324
04-06-2008, 05:08 PM
she's better than Justin screaming:

"That was a good error"
"That is VINTAGE (insert player)
"(insert player) is the best in the world at changing direction"
"That is the STAPLE to his game"

so freaking annoying....

kabob
04-06-2008, 05:15 PM
after weeks of the Fox coverage I appreciate Mary .

Hear, hear! I didn't particularly care for her commentary on Davydenko, either, but the rest of the broadcast was far and away better than the drivel we've had to put up with from Fox over the last month.

princess bossass
04-06-2008, 05:24 PM

"That was a good error"

so freaking annoying....

Yeah, and whoever it who called him out for eliminating the "g" from the word "strength" was spot on as well. Thumbs up to Justin as a person; boo to his commentating.

I can't stand Mary Carillo either. I'll never forget her absolutely intolerable "bird" punning during the Australian open in 2006 (I think). There were birds in the stadium and she made some really bad joke (like 7 times) about birds (tweet-tweet) and "birds" (i.e., the slang use of "bird" for "woman").

quest01
04-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Everything about Mary Carillo is annoying. Her voice is annoying, what she says is annoying. Even looking at her talk is annoying. She was born to be annoying and that's her best attribute.

BeHappy
04-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Everything about Mary Carillo is annoying. Her voice is annoying, what she says is annoying. Even looking at her talk is annoying. She was born to be annoying and that's her best attribute.

lol ;)

fgzhu88
04-06-2008, 07:10 PM

"That was a good error"

so freaking annoying....

FO-WARD !!!! I like it when he moves FO-WARD (that's what she said)

But honestly Justin does give some good analyses. Mary's got a manly voice but it's not that annoying. Not nearly as ear-itching as Brad Gilbert's sneaky half-whisper.

jetlee2k
04-06-2008, 07:13 PM

LOL.. That is funny.. You should be a commentator.. Yeah.. Justin Gimelstob is another a s s.... so for the guy.. Justin is the worse.. for the woman.. Carrilo should be the one..

Nadal_Freak
04-06-2008, 07:28 PM
I actually like Mary Carillo's commentating. I guess I'm one of the few.

jaap deboeck
04-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Carillo is obviously highly intelligent and articulate and adds to the coverage. She is no an air head simply regurgitating nonsense as do some of her colleagues. She and John Mac are the best tennis commentators we have.

As for Davydenko's at Sopot, the massive money changing hands during that match reveals that there was a fix! The details though are unknown and no one can be charged formally as yet.

kingdaddy41788
04-07-2008, 07:14 AM
I actually like Mary Carillo's commentating. I guess I'm one of the few.

Maybe because she's almost as obsessed with Nadal as you are...

A.Davidson
04-07-2008, 07:19 AM
The only time I put up with her is if she has someone that I personally am a fan of, such as Darren Cahill.

She is starting to really grind my nerves, and I'm having to mute/not watch good tennis matches (Davydenko played extremely well, especially in the second set vs. Nadal) because of her.

Nadal_Freak
04-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Maybe because she's almost as obsessed with Nadal as you are...
Yeah she says a lot of nice things about Nadal. One of the few that does that actually and is not obscessed with American players.

jgreen06
04-07-2008, 09:26 AM

"That was a good error"

so freaking annoying....

I just don't like how gimelstob seems to think that its some sort of right that because he is a former professional that he can announce. it sort of reminds me how certain female reality stars think that their fame automatically gives them the ability to sing... yeah right. He should stick to playing.

Djokovicfan4life
04-07-2008, 09:42 AM
I just think it's funny how her voice is always lower than the male commentator. :lol: