PDA

View Full Version : Yonex Ti-80 RDX 500 MP

Tomek_Pl
01-06-2005, 06:08 AM
Hello,
I have got few questions to all you Yonex players out there...
1. I played Ti-80 yesterday and it performed very well... Great for serving and volley. Very stable from the baseline. Better than my Prestige LM MP for sure.
It was strung rather high for my likes with Luxilon. I felt some metallic discomfort at moments. Is it due the racquest or string? I had some wrist problems and don't want to get in troble anymore.

2. I played 2 weeks ago with RDX MP and I could feel basicly 2 things... One- that it was very, very stable. And two- it swung like a toy. Very strange feeling. I felt like this racquet was to easy to me... Also balls tended to go 1 meter to long sometimes. Now, did you feel the same. What gave you lead tape?

3. Can you compare this to sticks /RDX MP can be after modifications/. I look for a racquet that would be good both for coaching and playing. Maybe I should have this two :D If I could have a mix of these racquets...

Oh, and why I want to change LM MP? Bad timing when serving, poor returns, lack of stability when hitting western FH on hard courts :mrgreen:
Oh, and I played MP Tour1 today and I didn't like it at all.

I will also try to get this 2 for testing with the same string. But I'm not sure if it is possible here...

ferrari_827
01-06-2005, 06:32 AM
The Ti-80 needs to be strung in the fifties otherwise it will feel boardy and uncomfortable. You can play great tennis with it, I just personally didn't like the feel (tinny, metallic) of it, reminded me of the HPS6.1 but, of course, not that bad. But maybe this can be fixed entirely with a shock absorbing multi like NRG ??

I'm sure the RDX500 midplus is a better feeling racket, although I only play with the mid. The MP Tour 1 is really too heavy except for extremely strong players but a great stick.

alfa164164
01-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Tomek - Do you know Lukasz Pelowski in Warsaw?
I agree that the RD Ti-80 feels and plays much better strung in the 54-59 range. The RDX 500 MP needs just a little more mass, the HD version is 10 grams heavier, you should give that one a try. I think all of Yonex's triangular or hexagonal frames are more comfortable and stable than the box beam design.

Tomek_Pl
01-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks for replies. No, I don't know him...

BLiND
01-06-2005, 10:42 AM
From my testing I prefered the Ti80 over the RDX500 MP... just more consistant.

Tomek_Pl
01-06-2005, 10:51 AM
I had better results with Ti-80, but RDX felt better, more stable and powerfull. But Ti-80 just performed better... I think that I will try to get them both for testing with same strings (probably Gamma Revelation, since importer want clients to test it). Also I will add lead tape to RDX to make it as simillar in specs as possible to Ti-80. But I have to wait few days for the, grr

sm-2004
01-06-2005, 07:14 PM
I was playing with RD Ti 80 for all last summer. I think this racquet is great. And I agree that it should be strung aroung 58lb. I had demoed RDX MP twice. First time it was freshly strung with Head Rip Control on ~60lb and did not play for me at all. I waited for a month for strings to become softer and tried again. It played better, but RD Ti80 was much better anyway...

Jerry Seinfeld
01-06-2005, 07:23 PM
For my game, the RD ti 80 plays better than the RDX MP. It is truly an underrated racquet. It performs well in almost every category. Solid all-around performer. I have had a higher winning % with this racquet than any other I have used. Most importantly for me is the control this racquet offers. Good power when needed, but the control is impressive for a 98 in head. Great doubles stick. Head light and 12+ oz makes for some special volleys. Just picked up the 500 mid to try. My initial impressions of this stick are more positive than the 500MP. We'll see how it goes over time. Gonna take something special to pry the ti 80 out of my hands, at least for doubles.

Tomek_Pl
01-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Now, that I saw Goran playing Ti-80 the choice should be easier :) I love that man. No one had such serve!

Tomek_Pl
01-07-2005, 07:49 AM
haha, I took for testing RDX 300 for my sister and it looks like she likes it :)