PDA

View Full Version : Year end #1- Djokovic or Nadal?

thalivest
04-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Who will be the year #1 this year, Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal?

PROTENNIS63
04-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Either me or Fed.

Salsa_Lover
04-06-2008, 03:15 PM
none

10 char

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-06-2008, 03:20 PM
No of the the above. (Brewster's Millions) :)

Vision84
04-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Where is the third option? Please stop writing off Federer people. He is not done yet and it really is getting tiresome.

ilovecarlos
04-06-2008, 03:27 PM
No of the the above. (Brewster's Millions) :)

Once again, I agree with the legend that is MEAC_ALLAMERICAN

Katlion
04-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Fede rer.

PascalMariaFan
04-06-2008, 03:44 PM
LOL at the fools who think Fed has a shot at the no.1

thalivest
04-06-2008, 03:45 PM

Yes it is sad some are still out there. I feel sorry for them.

spiritdragon
04-06-2008, 03:47 PM
um fed's gonna be year end #1

PascalMariaFan
04-06-2008, 03:51 PM
um fed's gonna be year end #1He's been out-played during the early hardcourt season. He isn't half the athlete Nadal and Djokovic are, so he certainly won't be gaining any ground during the clay season. And you magically expect him to dominate Wimbledon and thereafter? Cuz that's what he'll have to do.

Mansewerz
04-06-2008, 03:55 PM

LOL at the fool who thinks Nadal's backhand is an embarrassment to the game.

Nice job guys, Federer obviously is gonna fall out of the #1 place. Jumping to conclusions

/sarcasm

PascalMariaFan
04-06-2008, 03:58 PM
LOL at the fool who thinks Nadal's backhand is an embarrassment to the game.

Nice job guys, Federer obviously is gonna fall out of the #1 place. Jumping to conclusions

/sarcasmLOL at the fool twisting my words.

Tell me, your highness, how will the ATP race look after the French Open?

Mansewerz
04-06-2008, 04:00 PM
LOL at the fool twisting my words.

I believe Fed is gonna bounce back. No doubt.

Vision84
04-06-2008, 04:00 PM

LOL at the fool who thinks Nadal can't rip a backhand with pace and only hits moonballs making him an embarrassment to the game of tennis.

And I am not saying Federer is going to be number one but really there is something wrong with you if you think he has no shot at retaining number 1.

Katlion
04-06-2008, 04:02 PM
He's been out-played during the early hardcourt season. He isn't half the athlete Nadal and Djokovic are, so he certainly won't be gaining any ground during the clay season. And you magically expect him to dominate Wimbledon and thereafter? Cuz that's what he'll have to do.
oh, but notice that his lead has grown, and have you seen his results at the end of the year?!

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-06-2008, 04:02 PM

Yes it is sad some are still out there. I feel sorry for them.

You know what I love about the stand out Nadal/Djokoic fans is that you stroke each others ego.

As I said, hold on to this thread and we will see, but this season is far from over. :)

The best surface is coming upon us, I don't like playing on it, but I love the tennis produced by those that do.

PascalMariaFan
04-06-2008, 04:04 PM
You guys are completely convinced that Fed and his powderpuff backhand will out-perform Djokovic throughout the clay season? Ridiculous.

PascalMariaFan
04-06-2008, 04:07 PM
You know what I love about the stand out Nadal/Djokoic fans is that you stroke each others ego.

As I said, hold on to this thread and we will see, but this season is far from over. :)

The best surface is coming upon us, I don't like playing on it, but I love the tennis produced by those that do.I dislike Fed, Nadal and Djokovic.
And I'm unmoved by their fan propaganda.

I tell it like it is, Federer can't touch Djokovic.

Mansewerz
04-06-2008, 04:08 PM
You guys are completely convinced that Fed and his powderpuff backhand will out-perform Djokovic throughout the clay season? Ridiculous.

Oh, so now Fed has a sh1tty backhand. Classic.

Mansewerz
04-06-2008, 04:08 PM
I dislike Fed, Nadal and Djokovic.

Oh, so that's why Djokovic got raped by a qualifier.

asintu
04-06-2008, 04:10 PM

that Roger dude..that lost to Roddick recently..forgot hist last name, damn! anyways, the current number1..look it up

vndesu
04-06-2008, 04:11 PM

fed hater.
feds gonna be #1

Mansewerz
that Roger dude..that lost to Roddick recently..forgot hist last name, damn! anyways, the current number1..look it up

Roger rabbit???

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN

Alright, hold on to your statement. Again, this season isn't done.

I am not a fortune teller, but having all 3 guys healthy, eager and ready to go will be an exciting season. May the best man finish, and as for your poll, it's none of the above. :-|

PascalMariaFan
04-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh, so that's why Djokovic got raped by a qualifier.This is Men's tennis. Serve huge, and you're in with a chance.
And that was hardly a ****. But I do believe Mardy raped Federer the week before.

Hot Sauce
04-06-2008, 04:14 PM
What do we do if we don't believe that either of these guys will finish #1 at the end of the year? THERE MUST BE A THIRD OPTION!!! OMAGAWD NO WAIII WHAT TO DO

PascalMariaFan
04-06-2008, 04:20 PM
What do we do if we don't believe that either of these guys will finish #1 at the end of the year? THERE MUST BE A THIRD OPTION!!! OMAGAWD NO WAIII WHAT TO DOYou go to www.rogerfederer.com to preach your Fed bias.

PascalMariaFan
04-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Oh, so now Fed has a sh1tty backhand. Classic.Not a ****** backhand. But a backhand that good players(Nalbandian, Djokovic, Nadal) eat for breakfast.

PascalMariaFan
04-06-2008, 04:24 PM
A glaring weakness is only multiplied on clay.

Mansewerz
04-06-2008, 04:25 PM
This is Men's tennis. Serve huge, and you're in with a chance.
And that was hardly a ****. But I do believe Mardy raped Federer the week before.

But what round was that? What was Fish ranked?

Hot Sauce
04-06-2008, 04:26 PM
You go to www.rogerfederer.com to preach your Fed bias.

I'm not familiar with that player. Why are you advertising your website? I want no part in it!

Rickson
04-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Neither one.

kabob
04-06-2008, 04:58 PM
none

10 char

I keep seeing this "10 character" thing on these boards. What does it mean? :confused:

krz
04-06-2008, 05:07 PM
I keep seeing this "10 character" thing on these boards. What does it mean? :confused:

response needs to be at least 10 characters. It's just a place holder when a response is too small.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-06-2008, 05:08 PM

Sometimes when you type a response, I am assuming it means the term for a " filler" to fulfill the amount of characters to qualify as a post. More than 10 characters, maybe, I am wrong. :???:

Nadal_Freak
04-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Fed is done. I am going with Nadal. Djokovic will probably be number 2 though.

Lendl and Federer Fan
04-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Neither One!

Lendl and Federer Fan
04-06-2008, 05:44 PM
What kind of poll is this?!!

NadalForever
04-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Definitely Djokovic. I lost respect to Nadal after today's terrible performance. I thought that Nadal was a fighter but what I witnessed today was sickening. Nadal did not put any effort.

veroniquem
04-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Maybe the Russian mafia paid him to lose!!

Nadal_Freak
04-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Definitely Djokovic. I lost respect to Nadal after today's terrible performance. I thought that Nadal was a fighter but what I witnessed today was sickening. Nadal did not put any effort.
You're not a fan if all it takes is one bad match for you to lose respect for Nadal. Davydenko was just too good today and gave Nadal no rhythm.

TennisProdigy
04-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Definitely Nadal now that we're going into the clay season... Feds gonna have a tough time on the slow clay considering his weakened conditioning.

Vision84
04-06-2008, 06:18 PM

I am convinced this is just a worthless troll that is only here just to stir up trouble.

kabob
04-06-2008, 06:19 PM
response needs to be at least 10 characters. It's just a place holder when a response is too small.

Sometimes when you type a response, I am assuming it means the term for a " filler" to fulfill the amount of characters to qualify as a post. More than 10 characters, maybe, I am wrong. :???:

Thanks for the explanation. Kinda weird, I've never posted on a board that had a minimum character count :-?

edmondsm
04-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Judging by the players' performances through this first part of the year: Nadal

Nadal is best player in the world at this moment. Alot can change in very little time though, and we're still talking about 7 months into the future. There is really no telling.......

Morrissey
04-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Well Fed wasn't in the option but I would've picked Fed. Joker is over 1000pts behind Nadal and over 1500 behind Fed. He blew it in Miami. Nadal can possibly be #1 for a few weeks but not at the end of the season. But I would like to be wrong. :-D

Morrissey
04-06-2008, 06:56 PM

You're not fooling anyone here. You're not a Nadal fan. Why you put that name is a mystery because to put that name and then make fun of Nadal at any given chance is not going to fool people here, you're just basically "causing a racket". Get it?

crawl4
04-06-2008, 11:05 PM
federer **** face

93sq.
04-06-2008, 11:57 PM
You're not a fan if all it takes is one bad match for you to lose respect for Nadal. Davydenko was just too good today and gave Nadal no rhythm.

You're not a fan...if you don't realize when your boy got his *** kicked...

Sentinel
04-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks for mentioning their full names, never would have guessed who you were talking of otherwise.

Too many options in the poll :-D . Next time start a poll with only one option to make if fair for all voters.

Fed for #1.

Rickson
04-07-2008, 02:47 AM
Thanks for mentioning their full names, never would have guessed who you were talking of otherwise.

Too many options in the poll :-D . Next time start a poll with only one option to make if fair for all voters.

Fed for #1.

The OP's a troll and we all know it.

Pro Staff Pete
04-07-2008, 03:17 AM
Nadal Forever voted Djoko?

rafan
04-07-2008, 03:41 AM
You're not a fan...if you don't realize when your boy got his *** kicked...

The difference with Nadal is when he loses it creates a dent in his performance whereas with many of the others who lose it leaves a great big crater

Salsa_Lover
04-07-2008, 03:51 AM
Nadal Forever voted Djoko?

LOL,

remember when that girl told you "I'll love you forever?"

Pro Staff Pete
04-07-2008, 03:54 AM
:lol: reality hurts

gj011
04-07-2008, 03:59 AM
But what round was that? What was Fish ranked?

Fish was ranker 98. Not much different then 122, when you look from #1 or #3.

This thread is funny. Look at all these upset funboys :)

Djokovicfan4life
04-07-2008, 03:59 AM
Funny how Fed loses couple matches and everyone says he's done. Meanwhile Nadal got crushed by Davydenko and Djokovic couldn't even get through the second round and nobody says anything.

gj011
04-07-2008, 04:06 AM
This thread is definitely hilarious. NadalForever voted for Djokovic and Djokovicfan4life turns to Federer funboy :)

Cup8489
04-07-2008, 04:12 AM
He's been out-played during the early hardcourt season. He isn't half the athlete Nadal and Djokovic are, so he certainly won't be gaining any ground during the clay season. And you magically expect him to dominate Wimbledon and thereafter? Cuz that's what he'll have to do.

isn't half the athlete huh? then why did djokovic have so much trouble last year with his FITNESS, while federer only showed some issues towards the end of the season..

and if you seriously think fed's not gaining any ground during clay, look at the defending points he has vs. nadals. the majority of nadal's points are IN the season. while fed has something about half what nadal does. so obviously he has plenty of room to gain ground.

and federer has dominated "Wimbledon and thereafter" for the last 4 years straight.

so i'm not really sure what your argument is based on, but it's not educated assumptions or anything approaching reality. big deal, he hasnt won a tourney yet. he's finished in the semi's twice, qf's once, and he unluckily lost against murray in the 1st one time. didn't you see djokovic go out in the second at miami?

gj011
04-07-2008, 04:15 AM
big deal, he hasnt won a tourney yet. he's finished in the semi's twice, qf's once, and he unluckily lost against murray in the 1st one time. didn't you see djokovic go out in the second at miami?

You could also say that Djokovic lost "unluckily" one time.:roll:

Djokovicfan4life
04-07-2008, 04:54 AM
This thread is definitely hilarious. NadalForever voted for Djokovic and Djokovicfan4life turns to Federer funboy :)

No Federer fanboy here, I'm just rational enough to not write him off just yet.

Funny how everyone here says that Davydenko sucks until he wins miami, and then threads like, "Davydenko has the best footwork in tennis" and "Davydenko will win the FO" pop up.

Just goes to show you how fickle people can be.

robin7
04-07-2008, 05:04 AM
Novak, of course!

Tempest344
04-07-2008, 05:04 AM
Spadea.....

Alexio92
04-07-2008, 05:25 AM

Funny how everyone here says that Davydenko sucks until he wins miami, and then threads like, "Davydenko has the best footwork in tennis" and "Davydenko will win the FO" pop up.

I agree, just that I liked Davydenko before he won Miami :)

When Federer wins a tournament again everyone will be back to he is the GOAT and won't be beaten this year again..

ATXtennisaddict
04-07-2008, 05:46 AM
I can't vote because choice C Roger Federer is not in the mix.

zagor
04-07-2008, 07:47 AM
The year end number one will be the Mighty Fed again.

jgreen06
04-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Federer

10 char

flyer
04-07-2008, 09:28 AM
All you Fed fans are ridiculously in denial, use your brain, the guy is not just getting beat in close matches, he is getting pummeled at times, even by a guy named Fish who I think does absolutely nothing better than Federer and was ranking almost near 100, thats not just a bad day....the serve is still there and I think the movement is too but you watch his strokes and just say "hes just not the same guy anymore," he hits slower, less penetrating, does not really build points, and doesn't move the ball around the court and use his angles like he used too, even when he wins he just looks like any old guy ranked slightly outside the top ten, I haven't heard anyone say "The Amazing Mr. Federer" for ages I feel like, and it is because hes not amazing, he does not produce anything that makes that come to mind anymore...

Djokovicfan4life
04-07-2008, 09:30 AM
All you Fed fans are ridiculously in denial, use your brain, the guy is not just getting beat in close matches, he is getting pummeled at times, even by a guy named Fish who I think does absolutely nothing better than Federer and was ranking almost near 100, thats not just a bad day....the serve is still there and I think the movement is too but you watch his strokes and just say "hes just not the same guy anymore," he hits slower, less penetrating, does not really build points, and doesn't move the ball around the court and use his angles like he used too, even when he wins he just looks like any old guy ranked slightly outside the top ten, I haven't heard anyone say "The Amazing Mr. Federer" for ages I feel like, and it is because hes not amazing, he does not produce anything that makes that come to mind anymore...

I'd wait till after Wimbledon to start posting idiotic comments like this one.

stormholloway
04-07-2008, 09:31 AM

The Davydenko footwork thread was created before he won Miami. The "Is Davydenko really #4 in the world?" thread was also, and before he won Miami, many of us were praising his talent.

TheTruth
04-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Any of the top four can be number one. I hope that it's Nadal!

Koaske
04-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Federer is not done yet! Even if he is losing more and Nadal and Djokovic get closer to him in points, he could very well be the number one by the end of the year. He might not be #1 for every week anymore, but Djokovic and Nadal would have to play really well too to steal the year end number one spot from him.

flyer
04-07-2008, 11:22 AM

Really would you? Because I've been posting "idiotic comments" like this one for the whole year, and even last year after Wimbledon when his level dropped and so far I have been right not idiotic...so don't call me an idiot until you have basis for your argument...

PascalMariaFan
04-07-2008, 01:39 PM
isn't half the athlete huh? then why did djokovic have so much trouble last year with his FITNESS, while federer only showed some issues towards the end of the season..

and if you seriously think fed's not gaining any ground during clay, look at the defending points he has vs. nadals. the majority of nadal's points are IN the season. while fed has something about half what nadal does. so obviously he has plenty of room to gain ground.

and federer has dominated "Wimbledon and thereafter" for the last 4 years straight.

so i'm not really sure what your argument is based on, but it's not educated assumptions or anything approaching reality. big deal, he hasnt won a tourney yet. he's finished in the semi's twice, qf's once, and he unluckily lost against murray in the 1st one time. didn't you see djokovic go out in the second at miami?Fed wasn't half the player Djokovic was during the early hardcourt season. Come Wimbledon, Djokovic will have improved even further, and you think Federer will out of the blue begin to dominate?
Don't be silly.

Fed virtually reached the final or better in every event of the clay season. No way he's repeating those results.

Besides, I'm not looking at the Rankings. But the race.
The gap between Djok/Nadal and Fed will widen significantly.
I wouldn't be surprised if they double his race points total come grass season.

PascalMariaFan
04-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Current points total:

Djokovic, Novak 331
Nadal, Rafael 249
Federer, Roger 160

Djokovic has more than double Roger's points.
Roger couldn't dream of dominating the clay season. But that IS what he'll have to do to even up the standings.

Realistically, Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Davydenko will share the glory this clay season. The race point standings will stand just as they are now.

drakulie
04-07-2008, 01:46 PM

neither, therefore, I refuse to vote.

drakulie
04-07-2008, 01:52 PM
All you Fed fans are ridiculously in denial, use your brain, the guy is not just getting beat in close matches, he is getting pummeled at times, even by a guy named Fish who I think does absolutely nothing better than Federer and was ranking almost near 100, thats not just a bad day....the serve is still there and I think the movement is too

If anything, it is his movement that is not the same these last couple of months.

How quickly people forget how badly he destroyed everyone enroute to the year end championships.

Leelord337
04-07-2008, 02:27 PM
world #1's don't lose to Kevin Anderson's or Davyenko's

gj011
04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
world #1's don't lose to Kevin Anderson's or Davyenko's

Or Fishes or ones that lose to Kevin Andersons or Davydenkos.

flyer
04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
If anything, it is his movement that is not the same these last couple of months.

How quickly people forget how badly he destroyed everyone enroute to the year end championships.

I would like to respectfully disagree with you, to me it does not look like his movement is any different, I see the difference completely in his shots...also at the year end championships he did manage to lose to Gonzo so he didnt destroy everyone, also Djokovic was so tired I could have beaten him and Nadal was worn down as well like he is other years, and still one good tournament doesn't mean he is the same player, what made him so great was his consistency, Davydenko just had a great tourny but hes obviously not the world number one, I know its not a comparison between these two but that is exactly why one good run of form is not enough to say he is still the best

drakulie
04-07-2008, 03:28 PM
also at the year end championships he did manage to lose to Gonzo

Sorry. I guess that means he didn't destroy everyone else.

also Djokovic was so tired I could have beaten him

Sure you could. And you wonder why posters don't take you seriously. (see below)

and Nadal was worn down as well like he is other years,

Of course he was. Which explains why he was able to defeat gasquet and djokovic :roll: Of course, you will probably say they were **More** tired than he was.

samster
04-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Mark my words:

I believe Jo11yRoger will be #1 at the end of the year.

flyer
04-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Sorry. I guess that means he didn't destroy everyone else.

Sure you could. And you wonder why posters don't take you seriously. (see below)

Of course he was. Which explains why he was able to defeat gasquet and djokovic :roll: Of course, you will probably say they were **More** tired than he was.

Obviously I couldnt beat Djokovic I was just making the point of how tired and worn down he was which I sure you are smart enough to pick up on, are you actually going to respond to the tennis analysis and make counter points other than your "smart" arse comments because you have done nothing to prove you know the difference between a racket and a tennis ball with this post

Ryoma Kun
04-07-2008, 03:35 PM
fed has too many points and as long as nadal doesn't do that much better than him he should still be #1 by the end

drakulie
04-07-2008, 03:41 PM
going to respond to the tennis analysis and make counter points other than your "smart" arse comments because you have done nothing to prove you know the difference between a racket and a tennis ball with this post

You are the one that stated Djokovic was so tired you could beat him. So you are the one making stupid comments, that are proof you don't know squat.

Bottom line is, like I stated earlier is >>> how quickly we forget that Fed won the year end champsionships a few months ago, and did it very convincingly.

To add, his movement, and not his strokes (like you stated) are what hav been effecting his play. Go learn something.

Oricus
04-07-2008, 03:51 PM
What tournament has Nadal won so far this season that warrants any consideration of #1? We're about to hit the area where he holds all the points. One slip up from him and he'll be on his way down.

The most to gain in all this is obviously Djokovic, however, people should really stop writing Federer off this soon.

CanadianChic
04-07-2008, 03:51 PM
There is no way Djokovic can be number one at the end of the year.

flyer
04-07-2008, 03:59 PM
You are the one that stated Djokovic was so tired you could beat him. So you are the one making stupid comments, that are proof you don't know squat.

Bottom line is, like I stated earlier is >>> how quickly we forget that Fed won the year end champsionships a few months ago, and did it very convincingly.

To add, his movement, and not his strokes (like you stated) are what hav been effecting his play. Go learn something.

he hits slower, less penetrating, does not really build points, and doesn't move the ball around the court and use his angles like he used too, even when he wins

one good tournament doesn't mean he is the same player, what made him so great was his consistency, Davydenko just had a great tourny but hes obviously not the world number one, I know its not a comparison between these two but that is exactly why one good run of form is not enough to say he is still the best

those are quotes from previous posts...prove me wrong

and don't tell me to learn something when i am the one that presents tennis analysis and facts to back it up, you are the one that makes statements based on what you want to believe with nothing to prove that your point is right, i understand you don't like when I embarrass you but so far Im the one who has been right and not you so dont just call me names when Im right and your not, you learn something

BlUe 182 BanAna
04-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Djokovic not by the end of the year but will be first before nadal

drakulie
04-07-2008, 04:09 PM
and don't tell me to learn something when i am the one that presents tennis analysis and facts to back it up,

Djokovic was so tired I could have beaten him

You present "tennis analysis and facts to back it up"???? Please provide me the link that shows you beat Djokovic at the end of last year. LMAO

I actually hung out with coaches and hitting partners of some of the top pros this week at the Sony, one of which, I frequently hit with. They are all in agreement, >>>> His movement is slow to the ball this year. Like I said, go learn something and stop fantasizing you could beat Djokovic.

flyer
04-07-2008, 05:27 PM
You present "tennis analysis and facts to back it up"???? Please provide me the link that shows you beat Djokovic at the end of last year. LMAO

I actually hung out with coaches and hitting partners of some of the top pros this week at the Sony, one of which, I frequently hit with. They are all in agreement, >>>> His movement is slow to the ball this year. Like I said, go learn something and stop fantasizing you could beat Djokovic.

So your telling me his shots are the same then? He penetrates the court just as mcuh, hits just as hard, builds points, and hits angles like it used too? Because to me it looks like he is there just no producing the shots

And o, ok its not your opinion anyway its other peoples...that explains it and once again proves you, yourself don't know what your talking about and have no ability to think for your self

I guess also you are not smart enough to pick up on exaggeration along with that....

Lastly, who are these coaches and hitting partners of top pros and who are the top pros, because I could say that too but that doesn't make it true, and did you ask them about the court speed and did they tell you its slower that HarTru and IW as you have said...

drakulie
04-07-2008, 05:33 PM
So your telling me his shots are the same then? He penetrates the court just as mcuh, hits just as hard, builds points, and hits angles like it used too? Because to me it looks like he is there just no producing the shots

all becasue he is moving slower on the court. Lesson over.

flyer
04-07-2008, 05:42 PM

Right and who were the people that told you that again...because you already admitted it wasn't your undeniable tennis genius...also what is their argument of him being in position but failing to execute?

GOD_BLESS_RAFA
04-08-2008, 12:35 AM
My hope is Nadal but it depends on how his clay season and grass season is this year...after grass season ....another story is going on...anyway I am happy he is a solid number two ...;)

ninman
04-08-2008, 01:46 AM

The reason he's moving slower is because he's still recovering from glandular fever, so he can't keep up his energy for a full tournament (see the Fish match at IW). Personally I thought he would lose to Roddick at Miami and I actually picked him to go out in the quarters in my racket bracket, simply because I'm not convinced he would have beated Tommy Haas if he'd had to play him.

I have personal experience of these things, although nothing as bad as glandular fever and I can tell you some days you'll just waken up and feel awful, and tired. I'm hoping he'll be well enough to win estoril, but I can't see him winning any MS on clay this year and probably not the French anymore, which I think is a great shame.

As you said, the way he played at the TMC last year tells me something is very wrong, because you don't go from playing like that, to playing the way he is now in just a few months unless something is wrong.

zagor
04-08-2008, 06:13 AM
he hits slower, less penetrating, does not really build points, and doesn't move the ball around the court and use his angles like he used too, even when he wins

one good tournament doesn't mean he is the same player, what made him so great was his consistency, Davydenko just had a great tourny but hes obviously not the world number one, I know its not a comparison between these two but that is exactly why one good run of form is not enough to say he is still the best

those are quotes from previous posts...prove me wrong

and don't tell me to learn something when i am the one that presents tennis analysis and facts to back it up, you are the one that makes statements based on what you want to believe with nothing to prove that your point is right, i understand you don't like when I embarrass you but so far Im the one who has been right and not you so dont just call me names when Im right and your not, you learn something

Movement has a lot to with the strokes.If he is slower getting to the ball than before,he won't be in a perfect position to hit a shot therefore he won't be able to produce the same shots he could before.

tennisadd1ct
04-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Stop getting Fed out of this.

flyer
04-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Movement has a lot to with the strokes.If he is slower getting to the ball than before,he won't be in a perfect position to hit a shot therefore he won't be able to produce the same shots he could before.

Yes thats for the common sense lesson but my what about when he is in perfect position, when he doesnt even move to get to a shot and he frames it, completely misses the court, puts it in the middle of the net, or just hits a girly ball as he has done many, many times this year even when he is in perfect position...

thalivest
04-08-2008, 10:16 AM
I agree with Flyer. The biggest difference I see in Federer right now is his shots, especialy his groundstrokes, are just so much weaker then they used to be, moreso then his movement being off. When Federer is being outrallied from the baseline by Andy freaking Roddick of all people you know something is wrong.

Salsa_Lover
04-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Well the answer is pretty obvious

He is still recovering and not yet in top form.

So then if we reduce it to the minimum there are 2 options

He recovers slowly and by the middle of the year he starts destroying everybody at the end of the season
He starts declining due to age, fatherhood or whatever else

I'll pick option 1 for now ;)

thalivest
04-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Well the reality is that there were signs starting last year. Even in Federer's big wins last year there were signs starting to show. Look at Wimbledon and the U.S Open, yes he won, but he was far less dominant both in general for the overall event, and particularly in those slam finals. Examining it closer when you watch his tennis both throughout those tournaments and in the finals themselves, his level of tennis was inferior to what it had been in previous years, while in addition Nadal and Djokovic were better then guys he had faced in previous years. So the combination of his getting worse, and the competition also getting better while his level was dropping from previous years was already in evidence, even in victory. Roger even admited that he relied on "bail out" serves alot in the Wimbledon and U.S Open final, and that is because his baseline game was not as strong as it had been in 2004-2006, so that was already showing signs of.

Also all those losses in other events, Fed fans say he didnt care, I say hogwash. His diminished game and the improvements of others led to alot more losses, and some fortunate escapes in the big events. Now this year it is carrying to even worse losses, and in Australia he did not get a fortunate escape. So while it might be comforting for a Fed fanboy to think this all started just this year the higher truth is signs were already there last year.

drakulie
04-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Right and who were the people that told you that again...

No one **told me** anything. We (as in, I, was included) were all part of a conversation.

..also what is their argument of him being in position but failing to execute?

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Do you really think **ALL** of Fed's shots land short? Or he doesn't put a hurt on the ball, or open up the court??? Did you even see the Roddick match?? The guy hit a few FH winners over 100 mph, hit 47 winners to Roddicks 36, and only had 4 more unforced errors in the match (23).

He hit more FH winners than Roddick (20 vs 5), BH winners ( 9 vs 2), and volley winners (8 vs 1).

But you're right. >>>> He is always in position but somehow fails to execute. :roll:

Like I said before, >>> GO LEARN SOMETHING.

flyer
04-08-2008, 06:39 PM
No one **told me** anything. We (as in, I, was included) were all part of a conversation.

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Do you really think **ALL** of Fed's shots land short? Or he doesn't put a hurt on the ball, or open up the court??? Did you even see the Roddick match?? The guy hit a few FH winners over 100 mph, hit 47 winners to Roddicks 36, and only had 4 more unforced errors in the match (23).

He hit more FH winners than Roddick (20 vs 5), BH winners ( 9 vs 2), and volley winners (8 vs 1).

But you're right. >>>> He is always in position but somehow fails to execute. :roll:

Like I said before, >>> GO LEARN SOMETHING.

Right yeah I saw the match and Federer was getting out rallied by Roddick, he was not slower than Roddick, so how was he getting out rallied?...

Yes Federer hit winners, he also lost the match, do you have the error stats?...Any player that that level can hit an amazing forehand winner or backhand winner, what made Federer amazing was how routinely and consistently he did so, he also framed many balls, missed the court by feet at times, and hit the ball half way down the net, even when he was in perfect, normal routine, positions....

Also who are these insiders that you so speak of....because I'm not convinced of your credibility (partly because of your stance of the Miami court's speed)

And lastly don't tell me to go learn something, you may disagree with my opinion but I know tennis and I know what Im talking about, deep down you know that about me too, although you will never admit it.

Sports_fan
04-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Rafa Nadal will have the number 1 ranking by the end of the year:)

(FEDERER)vs(NADAL)
04-08-2008, 11:18 PM

what a joke, you wouldn't even consider fed? you're an idiot

drakulie
04-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Yes Federer hit winners, he also lost the match, do you have the error stats?...

I already provided them to you in the same post you just quoted. Are you really as dense as you make yourself to be in these posts of yours??

I stated, "and only had 4 more unforced errors in the match (23)."

^^^This would mean that Fed had 23 unforced errors vs Roddick's 19.

Any player that that level can hit an amazing forehand winner or backhand winner, what made Federer amazing was how routinely and consistently he did so, he also framed many balls, missed the court by feet at times, and hit the ball half way down the net, even when he was in perfect, normal routine, positions....

Again, which explains, why he hit more winners than Roddick:

FH winners than Roddick (20 vs 5), BH winners ( 9 vs 2), and volley winners (8 vs 1).

And this, with only 4 more unforced errors.

Also who are these insiders that you so speak of....because I'm not convinced of your credibility (partly because of your stance of the Miami court's speed)

First off, if you **REALLY** did watch any of the matches in Miami, you would know that exactly what I stated is true, because nerely every commmentator mentioned it>>>> that Miami is a slow hard court with a high bounce. Like I said, I have hit on those courts (several times), including the stadium court.

As for the insiders, I frequently hit with an ex pro named Carlos Diaz, who happened to be Petrova's hitting partner amongst others during the tourney. I live in a tennis community with 23 courts. Harold Solomon's tennis academy is there, and he is another one I have spoken to about the matter. In case you don't know (as evidenced by this thread), Solomon reached # 4 in the world and played in the French Open Finals.

Here is sup2dresq speaking about us seeing him at the Sony. (Sup2Dresq, Topaz, JrStriker12 stayed with me during the tournament. )

We ran into the local pro from Drak's club. Carlos Gomez-Diaz. I and Topaz played him in mixed and he is highly ranked in the 30's, along with being @ 180 in the ATP World at one time or another. We heard back at the club he was Nadia Petrova's practice partner. So after a brief talk, he was in a rush, we got more beer (3), and ran over to the courts to watch him hit.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/Sup2Dresq/SonyEricsson08/45b1f1c0.jpg

A few times throughout the thread, a former pro player by the name of 'carlos" has been brought up. He is one of the pros at the club where I live.

Here is a photo of him taken this weekend at the Sony Ericsson Miami. He was there as Petrova's hitting partner. Notice the frame. I believe Sup2Dresq got some video of him hitting. Perhaps he will be kind enough and post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/100b5570.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/100_5931.jpg

NOW, Go Learn Something.

ninman
04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
seriously what the hell is everyone so worried about anyway, "Federer hasn't made a final in 4 tournaments". So what? Sampras went for far longer periods than that without making a final during his 6 years as number 1.

I mean god, Federer is playing just as well as a peak Sampras did right now to be fair to him. I still think he's going to make a big push for the French this year though and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up taking the title.

flyer
04-09-2008, 04:58 PM
I already provided them to you in the same post you just quoted. Are you really as dense as you make yourself to be in these posts of yours??

I stated, "and only had 4 more unforced errors in the match (23)."

^^^This would mean that Fed had 23 unforced errors vs Roddick's 19.

Again, which explains, why he hit more winners than Roddick:

FH winners than Roddick (20 vs 5), BH winners ( 9 vs 2), and volley winners (8 vs 1).

And this, with only 4 more unforced errors.

First off, if you **REALLY** did watch any of the matches in Miami, you would know that exactly what I stated is true, because nerely every commmentator mentioned it>>>> that Miami is a slow hard court with a high bounce. Like I said, I have hit on those courts (several times), including the stadium court.

As for the insiders, I frequently hit with an ex pro named Carlos Diaz, who happened to be Petrova's hitting partner amongst others during the tourney. I live in a tennis community with 23 courts. Harold Solomon's tennis academy is there, and he is another one I have spoken to about the matter. In case you don't know (as evidenced by this thread), Solomon reached # 4 in the world and played in the French Open Finals.

Here is sup2dresq speaking about us seeing him at the Sony. (Sup2Dresq, Topaz, JrStriker12 stayed with me during the tournament. )

NOW, Go Learn Something.

Ok good, now we are getting somewhere, if Federer was so much better than Roddick though how did Fed lose, and as for the surface, you said it was slower compared to IW and HarTru, I never said it was fast, I said it was faster than IW...

coloskier
04-09-2008, 06:59 PM

First, Djokovic has to make it past the first round, unlike his last tournament.

luckyboy1300
04-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Ok good, now we are getting somewhere, if Federer was so much better than Roddick though how did Roddick lose, and as for the surface, you said it was slower compared to IW and HarTru, which I seriously doubt...

i think you meant to say here "how did Federer lose?". i saw the stats of their match and i was surprised that andy managed to win at all. fed had a lot more winners, and only has 4 more ues than roddick. i really believe his return of serve is still subpar at the moment. i can't imagine fed getting aced 18 times by roddick. i mean how many times did the two guys battle it out? yet it seems fed can't read roddick's serve like it was his first time seeing it. his hand-eye coordination maybe weak at the moment. that's why he's having difficulties against guys with good and fast serves. he lost to djokovic, murray, fish and roddick, all having good and fast serves.

tennis superstar
04-09-2008, 08:45 PM
i think fed will still be no 1 at the end of the year

BkK_b0y14
04-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Ok good, now we are getting somewhere, if Federer was so much better than Roddick though how did Fed lose, and as for the surface, you said it was slower compared to IW and HarTru, I never said it was fast, I said it was faster than IW...

I have to agree with Drak. I posted a thread earlier talking about how Fed's movement is lacking right now and it truly is. It could be that he is still recovering from mono, I don't know but it is really his movement that is affecting him. If you don't believe me go to youtube and watch the 2007 USO match and this years match between Fed and Roddick. I take that back, watch all the recent matches Fed has had and compare them to last years or more recent matches that Fed has had with those players. You will definitely see that Fed has the same shots but is just slower and not as fluid or graceful in his movement. And if you didn't know that good footwork and movement is key and compliments good strokes and better shots, then I suggest you quit tennis.

BkK_b0y14
04-10-2008, 03:48 PM

LOL at how ignorant and stupid you are. Seriously are you like 12? Have you suffered from some serious brain injury that involved your doubles partner smacking you in the back of the head? Don't come in here thinking you own the place when you dont even have 50 posts buddy.

Again, are you watching the same tennis as I am? Fed has the best movement in the game (well not now apparently but you get the point, actually YOU might not but others will) no doubt. And as someone mentioned before, Djokovic has had breathing problems and I heard he needed surgery for it or something like that. Along with that, since when has Djokovic been good during the clay season besides the Estoril Open?

LOL at the fool twisting my words.

I like how you are calling everyone else a fool when really you are the Biggest Fool here.

Yeah, um Fed only has the best backhand in the game.

Way to contradict yourself. First you say you dislike all of them but then you say that Djokovic is that much better than Fed? Are you kidding?

This is Men's tennis. Serve huge, and you're in with a chance.

It's not about serving huge buddy. Go on youtube and look at Fed's return of Roddick's 140 mph serve. Fed just blocks Roddick's serve like no other.

Not a ****** backhand. But a backhand that good players(Nalbandian, Djokovic, Nadal) eat for breakfast.

Since when are these guys' backhands better than Fed's? Watch those matches again. I'm 100% sure Fed's backhand eats those players' backhands combined.

Fed wasn't half the player Djokovic was during the early hardcourt season. Come Wimbledon, Djokovic will have improved even further, and you think Federer will out of the blue begin to dominate?
Don't be silly.

Fed virtually reached the final or better in every event of the clay season. No way he's repeating those results.

Besides, I'm not looking at the Rankings. But the race.
The gap between Djok/Nadal and Fed will widen significantly.
I wouldn't be surprised if they double his race points total come grass season.

You keep talking about how Djokovic will dominate during clay season and now grass season. Give proof buddy. Wasn't Djokovic suffering from a fitness problem in the match against Nadal too?

Current points total:

Djokovic, Novak 331
Nadal, Rafael 249
Federer, Roger 160

Djokovic has more than double Roger's points.
Roger couldn't dream of dominating the clay season. But that IS what he'll have to do to even up the standings.

Realistically, Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Davydenko will share the glory this clay season. The race point standings will stand just as they are now.

Wow, I am so glad you can count as opposed to the other things that you can't do. There is a very slim chance Djokovic will do better than Nadal on clay. You just wait and see.

So, I suggest you leave these boards and don't come back until you can make educated predictions/claims and use strong evidence to support your current useless claims. Geez, I am starting to sound like Jane Schaffer.

PascalMariaFan
04-10-2008, 04:03 PM
LOL @ deluded Fed fan

BkK_b0y14
04-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Yes, I am a "Fed fan" to some extent, but what I stated above is all truths.

PascalMariaFan
04-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Fed's backhand is the best in the world, and he's a better athlete than Djokovic and Nadal?

drakulie
04-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Pascal, are you related to flyer by any chance???

Bkk, you tell him. keep it up! :)

bobbyb
04-10-2008, 04:13 PM
ummm what about federer or tsonga?? haha

PascalMariaFan
04-10-2008, 04:15 PM

Bkk, you tell him. keep it up! :)I have nothing but dislike for the word's top 3. My word is completely void of bias.

BkK_b0y14
04-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Fed's backhand is the best in the world, and he's a better athlete than Djokovic and Nadal?

I never said he was a better athlete than Nadal, only Djokovic. Don't put words in my mouth. What do you define as a "better athlete" anyways?

BkK_b0y14
04-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I have nothing but dislike for the word's top 3. My word is completely void of bias.

Void of bias? HA. You should be in low budget standup. You totally sound like a Djoko fanboy.

BkK_b0y14
04-10-2008, 05:44 PM

Bkk, you tell him. keep it up! :)

He probably is. Flyer, the OP and Pascal are probably triplets :lol:

Yep, gotta stand up for the Legend.

FedForGOAT
04-10-2008, 11:01 PM

Djoker trolls make me want to stop reading threads nowadays. If Djokovic, at any point in his career would play a Federer in his 2006 form, I would not put it past Fed to feed Djoker a breadstick.

I hope Federer finds his form and starts kicking some as$.

and you, a poster with 48 posts on TTW, cannot touch Fed, so don't start bahing him.

Sorry if I'm being rough, but those Fed is over threads are a bit obnoxious.

Arrows
04-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Neither!

Arrows
"The business of business is business."

vndesu
04-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Djoker trolls make me want to stop reading threads nowadays. If Djokovic, at any point in his career would play a Federer in his 2006 form, I would not put it past Fed to feed Djoker a breadstick.

I hope Federer finds his form and starts kicking some as$.

and you, a poster with 48 posts on TTW, cannot touch Fed, so don't start bahing him.

Sorry if I'm being rough, but those Fed is over threads are a bit obnoxious.

nice.
yup alot of ppl think feds gonna go down but iono
anything can happen.

ninman
04-12-2008, 05:05 AM
nice.
yup alot of ppl think feds gonna go down but iono
anything can happen.

People were saying the same last year when he went 4 tournies without winning one, then he was in 8 consecutive finals and won 5, and over the whole year he entered 16 tournaments, made 12 finals and won 8 events, which is brilliant by anyone's standards.

zagor
04-12-2008, 05:19 AM
People were saying the same last year when he went 4 tournies without winning one, then he was in 8 consecutive finals and won 5, and over the whole year he entered 16 tournaments, made 12 finals and won 8 events, which is brilliant by anyone's standards.

Yes,I'm also pretty sure Federer will return to form soon and shut everybody up.I don't think he'll return to 2004-2007 form but I still think he'll win slams.Also I don't think he'll end up breaking Sampras 6 six years in a row finishing number one but I'll take Roger's record 220 consecutive weeks at number one over that anytime.His dominance over the game last 4 years is magical and even his haters realize that even if they won't admit it openly.

SikSerb
04-12-2008, 06:27 AM
By judging the way Nole has been playing, i see him taking number 1 by end of the year. I have no doubt about it.

flyer
04-12-2008, 06:31 AM

ninman, I can not wait to see you disappear when Federer loses his #1 spot and stops winning slams, your completely bias and delusional opinions and the way you try and spin everything to justify Federer is ridiculous

PascalMariaFan
04-12-2008, 12:43 PM
ninman, I can not wait to see you disappear when Federer loses his #1 spot and stops winning slamsFed will be contesting grand slam finals for years to come.
To say that he's no longer head and shoulders better than everybody else is true, though.

bcast66
04-12-2008, 04:59 PM

safin for the win

Nadal_Freak
04-12-2008, 05:55 PM
safin for the win
How old are you?

tacou
04-12-2008, 09:23 PM
I am far from a fed fan, but the fed vs nadal rivalry is slightly tilted in feds favor (much bigger nadal fan) and top form Fed vs Djoko is an embarrassment.

Not to take credit from Novak, he's by far #3 but come one, Roger if BY FAR the lead for year end #1.

quicken
04-13-2008, 09:30 AM
this is getting effing annoying

garcia_doomer
04-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Federer! Of course

thalivest
04-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Well this match was a joke all around. Bad tennis from both, equal balance of choking from both, and then a retirement by a player who didnt even looked injured. Blah next event please. Drats, wrong thread.

Nadal_Monfils
04-20-2008, 08:33 AM
I am far from a fed fan, but the fed vs nadal rivalry is slightly tilted in feds favor (much bigger nadal fan) and top form Fed vs Djoko is an embarrassment.

Not to take credit from Novak, he's by far #3 but come one, Roger if BY FAR the lead for year end #1.

How is the rivalry tilted in Federer's favor when Nadal leads it 8-6?

TheTruth
04-20-2008, 08:39 AM
Well this match was a joke all around. Bad tennis from both, equal balance of choking from both, and then a retirement by a player who didnt even looked injured. Blah next event please. Drats, wrong thread.

I already knew Davy wasn't going to beat his hero. Didn't Federer just help him in the gambling scandal. It was time for payback. What a joke!

thalivest
04-20-2008, 08:43 AM
I already knew Davy wasn't going to beat his hero. Didn't Federer just help him in the gambling scandal. It was time for payback. What a joke!

Yeah it was terrible. Unfortunately for Fed this it not the case with Mr. Nadal and Mr. Djokovic who actually stand up and challenge Federer to be a man rather then trying to wed him like Davydenko and Blake, and unfortunately for Federer when challenged to be a real by Mr. Nadal and Mr. Djokovic he as Mats Wilander once put "shows no balls". :twisted:

deme08
04-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah it was terrible. Unfortunately for Fed this it not the case with Mr. Nadal and Mr. Djokovic who actually stand up and challenge Federer to be a man rather then trying to wed him like Davydenko and Blake, and unfortunately for Federer when challenged to be a real by Mr. Nadal and Mr. Djokovic he as Mats Wilander once put "shows no balls". :twisted:

lol I doubt that you even have those what Wilander mentioned.

jrstrat
08-02-2008, 05:21 AM

Per your request, I am holding and pumping this thread

ChuDat
08-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Kei Nishikori.