PDA

View Full Version : Year end #3 for men- Federer, Davydenko, Ferrer, Roddick, other?

thalivest
04-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Who will be the year end #3 for men:

-Roger Federer
-Nikolay Davydenko
-David Ferrer
-Andy Roddick
-other

Salsa_Lover
04-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Djokovic

10 char

Alexio92
04-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Nadal

10char

thalivest
04-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Djokovic

10 char

Nadal

10char

Djokovic and Nadal are ensured the top 2 ranking positions in one order or another. They are clearly the 2 best players in the world right now overall. Thus Djokovic and Nadal are not options in this poll unless you are being a troll.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Who do you have ahead of Federer in the top 2 spots? :confused:

If thats the case Rafael Nadal will finish #3 in the rankings. :roll:

thalivest
04-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Who do you have ahead of Federer in the top 2 spots? :confused:

Federer is clearly not in contention for the top 2 spots. As I said Nadal and Djokovic are clearly the top 2 players in the world right now overall. Federer is one of many men in contention for the #3 spot at years end behind the big 2.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Federer is clearly not in contention for the top 2 spots. As I said Nadal and Djokovic are clearly the top 2 players in the world right now overall. Federer is one of many men in contention for the #3 spot at years end behind the big 2.

I see, behave yourself and hold on to this thread until the end of the season.

Tennisguy777
04-06-2008, 03:24 PM
1.Nadal
2.Djokovic
3.The FED
4.Davydenko
5.Tsonga
6. Blake
Federer will not win a slam in 2008.

thalivest
04-06-2008, 05:50 PM
1.Nadal
2.Djokovic
3.The FED
4.Davydenko
5.Tsonga
6. Blake
Federer will not win a slam in 2008.

Looks pretty good.

soyizgood
04-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Federer will probably finish #1 or #2.

* Nadal can't keep owning clay, especially with 4 clay tournaments held in 4 weeks leading up to the French Open
* Djokovic needs to improve on clay and indoor surfaces
* Nadal ALWAYS breaks down heading into summer hardcourt season
* Federer could simply play a few more tournaments since he played less than 18 tournaments last year

Djokovic isn't consistent enough now to be #1. Nadal would have to work on conditioning to play fast hardcourts better, but he has been more consistent than Federer so far this year.

spiritdragon
04-06-2008, 08:34 PM
y didnt u put djokovic or nadal in the poll? i personally think the top three will stay the same.

1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Djokovic

stormholloway
04-06-2008, 08:53 PM

Federer isn't in contention for number one or number two in the world?

There is a distinct possibility the top three will remain as it is.

tennis_hand
04-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Fed.
Djoker.
Davydenko.
Nadal.

crawl4
04-06-2008, 11:00 PM

yuk

1. fed
2. nadal
3. djo

..but next year

Lotto
04-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Whoever says Fed won't be number one at the end of the year is losing it, seriously. I'll make a bold prediction that Fed will win the 3 remaining Grand Slam titles this year. If you recall at the beginning of the year I predicted he would win the Calender GS but unfortunely he was sick and did well to even make the semi-finals. You can speculate all you want who will be No.1 but I guarantee it will be Roger.

93sq.
04-06-2008, 11:50 PM
It's nice to see how everyone consider Federer done...

Yeah...Nadal will win RG,Wimbledon...and US Open too!!!!!!!!

Will he play DY in all the three finals!?

Stop dreaming...Federer is not done...the former GOAT and year end n 1 (according to what many of us wrote in this board a MONTH ago...) Djokovic is still better than rafa on HC...

So...STOP DREAMING!

Nadal is good....but not good enough to win all that you dream about.

Sentinel
04-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Thus Djokovic and Nadal are not options in this poll unless you are being a troll.
Excuse me, You gave an "other" option, and if someone exercises that, he is trolling ??

I take "other" - either Nadal or Djoko for 3.

caulcano
04-07-2008, 03:52 AM
Whoever says Fed won't be number one at the end of the year is losing it, seriously. I'll make a bold prediction that Fed will win the 3 remaining Grand Slam titles this year. If you recall at the beginning of the year I predicted he would win the Calender GS but unfortunely he was sick and did well to even make the semi-finals. You can speculate all you want who will be No.1 but I guarantee it will be Roger.

However much I'd like that to happen, I'd be happy for Federer to win 1 GS and retain the #1 year-end ranking.

Rhino
04-07-2008, 03:57 AM
I think Nadal will be number 3, but all it's going to take is for someone like, say Murray, to do really well at the slams and then it could be an unexpected #3. OK maybe not Murray, or even Ferrer, but a newbie out of nowhere. If 2008 turns out to be the year that Nadal fails to deliver on clay, then it could also be Davydenko, but why is Roddick in the list?? I think he'll be extremely lucky to be top 5.

krz
04-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Djokovic and Nadal are ensured the top 2 ranking positions in one order or another. They are clearly the 2 best players in the world right now overall. Thus Djokovic and Nadal are not options in this poll unless you are being a troll.

... someone please bump this thread at years end, so we can laugh at you.

Federer has a pretty nice lead over #2. Going into the clay court season Nadal has to go on another huge win streak to keep all his points.

And Nadal and Djokovic being clearly the best 2 players right now? Djokovic, I can understand since he has a GS and a MS but he did get bumped early at Miami. As for Nadal... he doesn't even have a title yet in 08.

There is a very good chance 1-2-3 stay the same. And none of those 3 are going to fall out of the top 3. They have huge leads over #4.

A.Davidson
04-07-2008, 08:12 AM
... someone please bump this thread at years end, so we can laugh at you.

No problem - I'm on it. That is truly ridiculous; anyone who thinks that Nadal and Djokovic will be #1 and #2 at the end of 2008 should probably take a second to think about Federer's overall longevity.

And I'm not even a Federer fan!