PDA

View Full Version : friend who strings my racquet is a ...........

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
04-07-2008, 08:49 PM
my friend who strings my racquet does a fairly good job at the begining but after maybe 4-6 hours of play, the middle mains seem to loose tension.:mad:
what could the problem be? is it is nots, consistency on tensions, or bad batch of strings, or my form and hitting zone? (by the way i am using pro supex big ace 1.22) any relations with this problem or help besides findiing a different stringer. this is one reason for me to get my own stringing machine, the other is the price that pro shops give for labor.

fastswingVD
04-07-2008, 08:51 PM
my friend strings my racket for free and the tension stays the same

supermario343
04-07-2008, 09:36 PM
my friend who strings my racquet does a fairly good job at the begining but after maybe 4-6 hours of play, the middle mains seem to loose tension.:mad:
what could the problem be? is it is nots, consistency on tensions, or bad batch of strings, or my form and hitting zone? (by the way i am using pro supex big ace 1.22) any relations with this problem or help besides findiing a different stringer. this is one reason for me to get my own stringing machine, the other is the price that pro shops give for labor.

That is weird...i string my own racquets and i have never encountered that. I make sure that when i string, i am very precise and dont mess anything up...do u ever watch him string ur frames?

noobplayer
04-07-2008, 09:42 PM
well if u arent satisfied, talk to ur friend about it, string it yourself, or pay a pro shop in your area to string, wat do u expect people on this forum to do about it?

jim e
04-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Best advise I can give you is to talk to the person who did it and ask him about it, although you may not get a good answer, depending on the person. It is possible that the person who strung it may have pulled 2 mains strings at one time,(tensioning 2 mains with 1 pull), which I believe should never be done, but I have seen others do this, on internet, and at a chain store, just to save time, but can effect the final tension of mains.It only takes a few minitues to tension each string individually as you should. I am not saying this was done, just an idea of what may have been done to cause the tension of middle mains to be loose. It would not be the knots, as that would not effect the middle mains.Best if you spoke to person who did it. And if answer is not good enough , then bring it to someone else next time.Give the stringer a chance to explain.

PROTENNIS63
04-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Tell you friend he has been fired!

YULitle
04-08-2008, 11:35 AM
How do you know that they are loose?

k_liu
04-08-2008, 11:52 AM
You should not complain if heís stringing it for free. If you are paying him ask him about it. Itís normally to loose some tension after hitting. Do you know how much tension you are loosing about hitting for 4-6 hours? 10+ pounds? Pro Supex Big Ace is a good poly that should not loose much tension.

Noisy Ninja
04-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I suspect you're concluding the middle strings are loose 'cause those strings are exhibiting excessive movement after 4-6 hours of play.
I've strung and hit with various polys (including Big Ace 1.22) and after 3 hours...I'm usually seeing more string movement for the middle mains. That string movement in the middle mains is telling me I'm hitting consistently in the same spot and that the string is losing substantial tension. Polys in general are bad at maintaining tension so 4-6 hours sounds about right in my estimation.
If you're still uncertain as to the quality of your friend's stringing job...get your racquet strung by a professional using same strings & tension to gauge if there is any difference.
In any case, it's always more cost effective in the long run to buy a machine and do your own stringing.

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
04-08-2008, 06:14 PM
How do you know that they are loose?

because i originaly checked the tension by pulling the strings and then when i pull the mains now, they are realy loose. also, there is a distinct difference in noise

samster
04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
that's why I string my own rackets. nobody else to blame.

Zhou
04-09-2008, 06:07 PM
You can always blame the machine can't you?
Unless you have like a Babolat Star 5...

I don't complain except for the fact the drop weight takes forever to get accurate. I won't complain once I get my Apex II.

miniRafa386
04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
maybe proportional stringing would help?

notujoo
05-10-2008, 01:32 PM
he dosn't string for free.... he charges like $10 or $15

ambro
05-10-2008, 06:04 PM
If the strings are fine for the first 4-6 hours, it isn't the stringer's fault they are any different after that. It's either in your head (aka, the strings are fine), or the strings just are not that good at holding tension. Its not the stringer's fault.

Vermillion
05-10-2008, 06:09 PM
sabotaged while you were sleeping. common tactic to bring in the cash.

Political Thunder
05-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Isn't $15 a lot for someone to charge when they are stringing as a hobby?

For that price I could get a MRT using a Babolat Star. Unless your friend is a MRT stringing on a electronic maachine that seems excessive.

kungfusmkim
05-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I use Big Ace too! but i use them as hybrid combo i find that its better that way. The stringers tighten together and stay like that the way gut those.