PDA

View Full Version : Kirschbaum Super Smash vs. Topspin Cyberflash

Bogie
04-07-2008, 09:14 PM
one of my friends is fed up with constantly breaking strings every couple of days. he currently is using some wilson synthetic and i told him to try out some poly strings, either full or hybrid. he doesn't want to spend too much and i think for the price, super smash and cyberflash are the best polys on the market right now. he is also ranked failry high in the nation and can probably get a full sponsorship from kirschbaum but for the time being, which one would you guys prefer? personally i think that super smash is better as a full poly job and cyberflash is better to hybrid with a synthetic because it is softer and will soften up the string bed. any thought from people who've tried both of these?

dtrain
04-07-2008, 11:31 PM
I haven't tried super smash but i do use CF hybrid w/ Pro Supex Maxim touch. I personally like the combo, it's a pretty well priced. I personally don't think the durability is that great because I am hybriding w/ a multi-filament string, but I get more comfort w/ this setup.

crash
04-08-2008, 04:26 AM
I've tried both and I agree with you that if he likes synthetic gut he should go with full Super Smash or a CF hybrid.

In my experience, the Super Smash (Spiky) plays much closer to synthetic, it is quite soft and I found the strings to move quite a lot compared to other polys. On the other hand, CF is much stiffer and has a feel closer to Lux Alu with a tad more pop.

Concerning durability, I tried both in full job and 17 gage and I would say CF is more durable (it lasted me 6-7 hours instead of 3-4 for the Super Smash), probably due to lesser string movements. Then again, the best way for him to find out is to try a set of each...

Hope that helps

Pleepers
04-08-2008, 05:02 AM
If he's used to playing with syn gut--I'd go with kevlar mains. Poly looses its tension too quickly and has such different characteristics than syn gut.

Big-Serve
04-08-2008, 08:17 AM
kirschbaum competition or kirschbaum touch turbo is very very nice string, when he can get a kirschbaum full sponsorship.