PDA

View Full Version : What does that (+H) mean?

christinamaniac7
04-08-2008, 06:34 AM
I mean on atp calendar or even on steveg there's a +H next to some challengers and/or futures,i understand it is for HOSPITALITY but does it mean that accomodation is free or players still have to pay for their hotels??
it'd be great if someone explains it...

chiru
04-08-2008, 07:06 AM
wow a legitimate question not relating to a) federer's decline b) nadal's reign c) djoko's ownage of both.

and look at that i dont even know the answer to this one. thanks OP for a real question!

PROTENNIS63
04-08-2008, 07:10 AM
good question. I am interested in the answer as well.

BallzofSkill
04-08-2008, 08:09 AM
this thread is taking valuable space from other members who want to create more topics about federer's decline.

please delete

lilycolefan
04-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I want to know as well.

chiru
04-08-2008, 08:24 AM
this thread is taking valuable space from other members who want to create more topics about federer's decline.

please delete

heh. it would be funnier if it weren't so sadly true...

RJYU
04-08-2008, 08:35 AM
The "H" stands for hospitality. So if the event is +H, it means that the tournament also supplies hospitality such as hotel rooms, etc.

split-step
04-08-2008, 08:41 AM
The "H" stands for hospitality. So if the event is +H, it means that the tournament also supplies hospitality such as hotel rooms, etc.

The OP knows it's for hospitality. He/she wants to know if it's free or if players have to pay for it.

Shaolin
04-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Its not always hotel rooms, sometimes its people's houses to stay at. The futures & challengers are not as glamorous as the main tour...

To the OP, its provided by the tournament.

vive le beau jeu !
04-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Its not always hotel rooms, sometimes its people's houses to stay at. The futures & challengers are not as glamorous as the main tour...
To the OP, its provided by the tournament.
so for the futures, it's "+H for hammock" ? ;)

Fee
04-08-2008, 09:28 AM
The OP knows it's for hospitality. He/she wants to know if it's free or if players have to pay for it.

+H means hospitality, which means hotel rooms, which means the players do not pay for it. +H does not mean 'housing' so finding a bed in somebody's house does not count.

Look at two different Challengers with similar prize money, say $50 and $50 +H. You'll see that the $50+H is actually worth more points. That's because the tournament has to make a significant financial investment (or get a really good sponsorship deal) in order to provide rooms for every player in the draw (singles and doubles) for every night that they are in the tournament. I'm not sure what the exact requirements are for this, one player once mentioned to me that they have to give you a minimum of four days if you are on the direct entry list. I'm sure the specifics are in a rulebook somewhere.

Shaolin
04-08-2008, 09:41 AM
so for the futures, it's "+H for hammock" ? ;)

Lol. Or....homeless.

christinamaniac7
04-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks folks! now i'm pretty much sure it's free,i was wondering about it for the last 2 years until i found here the best place to ask it...
i guess fee's answer is such a comprehensive one,he/she explained it very well!
thanks again,