PDA

View Full Version : Prince Speedport Black Colore Inserts...Any String HOLE ones

dylanm_12
04-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Do the prince speedport black color inserts come in the string hole inserts, it looks like they only come in the port inserts........would appreciated a way to get the ones with the hole

if not how well does the black hit with the port inserts, what are the major differences. like power control ect

master_stringer_mitchy
04-08-2008, 11:13 AM
hey, im starting to love my 3 blacks! i find the ports to be better as you get the bigger sweetspot, and a more solid and dampened feel for sure. the holes are good, put make such a pingy sound that travels back through the arm, some say its feel, but it feels like the thing is cracked! i found that having the holes strung with a softer string does help with this, but love polys. its been said that the ports dont other much feel, rubbish, u get feel and the big sweetspot, if u need a bit more feel, string in a sodt string and a hybrid. also, the strings move a little more in the ports, not a problem thou. as for the colours, i would imagine they will do them in ports and holes and sell them together. the bryan brothers are advertised as using the holes and have the coloured inserts. i want the tour orange coloured one, my own pj!

dylanm_12
04-08-2008, 01:52 PM
so its gonna be more powerfull cause the sweetspot, but how much will the controll be altered

how do you hit...with lots of spin, or what cause i use an extreme wetern forehand, semi-extreme eastern one handed backhand, and extreme eastern serve

master_stringer_mitchy
04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
so its gonna be more powerfull cause the sweetspot, but how much will the controll be altered

how do you hit...with lots of spin, or what cause i use an extreme wetern forehand, semi-extreme eastern one handed backhand, and extreme eastern serve

i hit with a western forehand, 2 handed backhand with a very flat 1st serve, topspin or slice second. i would not say its more powerfull with the ports, just a wider sweetspot. stringing a little tighter tames the power. im thinking of maybe mixing the ports, inserts at top maybe?

ChrisNC
04-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I just got done A/B'ing one with all Speedports and one with stringports only in the sides (I knew I didn't like all stringports). I still really didn't care for the stringports. I think it's the stiffness of the racquet for me. With the speedports, I don't notice it, but with the firmer stringbed of the stringports I do. I love it with the speedports.

master_stringer_mitchy
04-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Do you like the PORTS (original o3) or the HOLES (grommets)