PDA

View Full Version : serve direction issue

fps
04-08-2008, 11:34 AM
hey guys, i played today and won, really happy, however among my myriad technical flaws one annoyed me..
on my serve to the adv court, i could not put the ball down the centre to save my life, everything was going out wide. clearly this is a good skill to have, but i was hoping someone might suggest why this was the case- my first thought it that my wrist isn't firm enough in relation to my swing path. my second, obviously, is that i was swinging towards the way the ball went, but trying to change it didn't work, whereas on the deuce side i was hitting them both ways. :confused:

Rickson
04-08-2008, 11:41 AM
hey guys, i played today and won, really happy, however among my myriad technical flaws one annoyed me..
on my serve to the adv court, i could not put the ball down the centre to save my life, everything was going out wide. clearly this is a good skill to have, but i was hoping someone might suggest why this was the case- my first thought it that my wrist isn't firm enough in relation to my swing path. my second, obviously, is that i was swinging towards the way the ball went, but trying to change it didn't work, whereas on the deuce side i was hitting them both ways. :confused:

A toss that goes slightly right for a righty, should go up the middle on the ad side. You're probably tossing more to the left of center which usually goes wide on the ad. Check your form and the toss.

Bungalo Bill
04-08-2008, 11:54 AM

Get those flat soccer cones that you can buy in sporting goods stores. Get the orange ones. The go out and practice.