PDA

View Full Version : Buttcap

auburn24tigers
04-08-2008, 05:46 PM
I currently own a Head Flexpoint Radical Midplus racket. My buttcap on my racket has gotten worn own so the black logo part of the buttcap has a tendency to "pop" off. I just received a replacement buttcap for my racket, but i do not know how to take out the old to replace it with the new. Could somebody please help me on my issue?

Mahboob Khan
04-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Take it to the Store, they will help you.

mclee025
04-08-2008, 06:18 PM
... I just received a replacement buttcap for my racket, but i do not know how to take out the old to replace it with the new.

It's not that difficult. It's just a matter of unwrapping your grip to get access to the buttcap, removing staples that hold the butt cap in place (use a small flat blade screwdriver and needle nose pliers to nudge them out), popping on the new butt cap, and stapling the new one in place. If you don't have a proper staple gun, if you were careful in removing the original staples, you can often just reuse them and tap them gently in place with a small hammer. After that, it's just a matter of rewrapping your original grip back on.

Here are some grip wrapping instructions from TW:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/Regripping/Regripping.html

Bungalo Bill
04-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I currently own a Head Flexpoint Radical Midplus racket. My buttcap on my racket has gotten worn own so the black logo part of the buttcap has a tendency to "pop" off. I just received a replacement buttcap for my racket, but i do not know how to take out the old to replace it with the new. Could somebody please help me on my issue?

McLee gave some good advice. That is how my Volkls work. Also, try posting on the racquets forum. There are a ton of guys that know their stuff about racquets.

auburn24tigers
04-13-2008, 10:20 AM
oh, i didn't mean to put it under miscellaneous