PDA

View Full Version : Need advice please :D

quicken
04-08-2008, 10:29 PM
I currently use a full set of BB Rough at 57lbs on one PDR, and just a Normal BB Alu Power at 57 on another PDR.

I'm beginning to dislike the boardy feel that the strings give and am looking forward to changing my string setup to a hybrid.

I'm thinking about using the NXT 16s on the crosses and the Roughs on the mains, would that give more feel? Natural guts are way too pricey to even consider, so I'm just going to stick with less money gobbling strings.

Are there any suggestions that the forum member could add to this? Thanks

[K]icker-man
04-09-2008, 08:26 AM
To answer your question, yes, you'll get better feel with the NXT 16's in the crosses.

The strings you're currently using aren't, by any means, the least expensive on the market. If you shop a bit, you'll be able to find great deals on great strings on this site. I just bought a new Wilson K6.1 Tour and shopped for quite a while for the strings and learned a lot about the different types out there - many VERY affordable options to choose from!

Good luck!

- Mike

Bubba
04-09-2008, 09:40 AM
I currently use a full set of BB Rough at 57lbs on one PDR, and just a Normal BB Alu Power at 57 on another PDR.

I'm beginning to dislike the boardy feel that the strings give and am looking forward to changing my string setup to a hybrid.

I'm thinking about using the NXT 16s on the crosses and the Roughs on the mains, would that give more feel? Natural guts are way too pricey to even consider, so I'm just going to stick with less money gobbling strings.

Are there any suggestions that the forum member could add to this? Thanks

I actually used that setup for a while but switched to my sig about 10 months ago... the Singum is much better tension maintenance than ALU and I like X-1 better than NXT Tour... though I really liked NXT Tour as well.

Give my rig a try...

quicken
04-09-2008, 03:26 PM
I see, hm did you put the SP in the mains or in the crosses?