PDA

View Full Version : most durable 16G multi?

Ruuzo
04-09-2008, 12:59 AM
i'm looking for the most durable 16G multifilament i can find...anyone have any suggestions?

nickb
04-09-2008, 02:13 AM
^ That would win a prize for least durable..

Pro Supex Maxim Touch is the most durable multi I have used.

Nick

Valjean
04-09-2008, 04:59 AM
Wilson's NXT *Max*, combined with string savers.

fuzz nation
04-09-2008, 05:49 AM
I have a really good relationship with Tim, the dude who's company is LaserFibre, and I've used a bunch of his stuff. Among his multi's that I've tried, the Supreme has already gained a reputation for a longer than average service life and my trials with it have also been good, but I can say that its feel is just a little short of superior.

I've recently sampled the Pro Stock and holy moly... this has to be some of the softest stuff I've ever tried. Durable? Not especially, but this stuff is about as un-harsh as anything I've seen short of natural gut. I'll definately try a hybrid with that string in the future.

The big surprise for me has been with the Phenom XRC; I like the feel and playability in the 17 ga. sets I've used and they've held up really well for me. Even if I don't go too high on the tension, there's a bit of welcome pop and crispness in there that gives me good feel and feedback. I'm going to try the 16 ga. soon to see if the great feel is still there along with the extra durability and I think that a hybrid with the 18 ga. could be interesting, too. I'll report my findings in a bit.

jasonbourne
04-09-2008, 11:08 AM
I found Klipper Zyex more durable than Pro Supex Maxim Touch and LF Supreme. It performed better for me and playability lasted longer.

It is also more durable than Klip Legend NG. I was disappointed last night when my Klip Legend snapped after 3.5 hrs of play in my K90.

Doc Hollidae
04-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Prince Synthetic Gut Multifilament beats out Maxim Touch.

TennisNewbie85
04-09-2008, 12:11 PM
nrg2 17g!!!

PROTENNIS63
04-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Maxim Touch is very durable. The price is dirt cheap. It is quite stiff though.

miniRafa386
04-09-2008, 05:27 PM
I have a really good relationship with Tim, the dude who's company is LaserFibre, and I've used a bunch of his stuff. Among his multi's that I've tried, the Supreme has already gained a reputation for a longer than average service life and my trials with it have also been good, but I can say that its feel is just a little short of superior.

I've recently sampled the Pro Stock and holy moly... this has to be some of the softest stuff I've ever tried. Durable? Not especially, but this stuff is about as un-harsh as anything I've seen short of natural gut. I'll definately try a hybrid with that string in the future.

The big surprise for me has been with the Phenom XRC; I like the feel and playability in the 17 ga. sets I've used and they've held up really well for me. Even if I don't go too high on the tension, there's a bit of welcome pop and crispness in there that gives me good feel and feedback. I'm going to try the 16 ga. soon to see if the great feel is still there along with the extra durability and I think that a hybrid with the 18 ga. could be interesting, too. I'll report my findings in a bit.

what is his email? ive been tryin to get a hold of laserfibre, but no one's replying....:(

vndesu
04-09-2008, 07:35 PM
x1 biphases.

mraznman
04-09-2008, 07:37 PM
babolat xcel premium.

...Haha. You gotta be kidding man. No offense, but I snapped Xcel 16 Gauge in 5 hours. =]

Say Chi Sin Lo
04-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Head RIP control

Ruuzo
04-10-2008, 12:14 AM
for me so far its been head rip perfect power and ditto the zyex strings...

Thor
04-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Reaction 16

dmtree
10-12-2008, 04:37 PM
which has better feel - zyex or maxim touch?

tennisfreak15347
10-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Maxim Touch is very durable. The price is dirt cheap. It is quite stiff though.

dirt cheap? you call 8 dollars dirt cheap? I just bought two packs of this along with some BA, hopefully it will be good. is it really that stiff? (stiffer than Gamma synthetic gut or PSGD?)

PROTENNIS63
10-12-2008, 06:03 PM
dirt cheap? you call 8 dollars dirt cheap? I just bought two packs of this along with some BA, hopefully it will be good. is it really that stiff? (stiffer than Gamma synthetic gut or PSGD?)

It is less than $5.30 a set when buying a reel compared to $15 for a comparable multi. I will leave the math to you.

brownbearfalling
10-13-2008, 01:01 PM
weiss cannon super cable