PDA

View Full Version : Im surprised to see Davenport playing Amelia Island (NO SPOILER)

bluetrain4
04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
She's done well on the green clay before, but she said she was skipping the French.

That said, it was only a short trip from Miami, and she gets to play in the States, and even though not necessarily great for her game, the clay is better for her body.

This shows me that she is genuinely passionate about playing, whether or not she'll get to the upper echelon (very late rounds of Slams) again. Wonder if she'll play Charleston as well.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-09-2008, 06:48 PM
She's done well on the green clay before, but she said she was skipping the French.

That said, it was only a short trip from Miami, and she gets to play in the States, and even though not necessarily great for her game, the clay is better for her body.

This shows me that she is genuinely passionate about playing, whether or not she'll get to the upper echelon (very late rounds of Slams) again. Wonder if she'll play Charleston as well.

If you look at her last transcripts, she has said that she will play both green clay tournaments in the USA. Also, she has said she might play/request a wild card into Rome because her husband would like to go there for the first time. :-|

fleabitten
04-09-2008, 07:03 PM

Thanks for the great news! I knew she was serious about her comeback from the moment I saw her at the Pacific Life Open. She is so fit right now! I snapped this photo of Lindsay doing a quickie promotional interview in the Tennis Warehouse tent.

http://www.marfa.org/tennisopolis/images/IMG_1013-to.jpg

She made Ivanovic look silly in Miami, let's hope she can string a few of those great performances together. :-?

Moose Malloy
04-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Davenport has won this event 3 times('97, '04, '05) before.

CEvertFan
04-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Davenport has won this event 3 times('97, '04, '05) before.

Exactly. So why wouldn't she play there? Her results on the green clay have always been better than on the red clay. Green clay plays faster.

Davenport hasn't done as well at the Family Circle Cup though, which is the next tournament on the calendar after Amelia Island.