PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! which kirschbaum string?

miniRafa386
04-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Ok, i ordered a few sets of kirsch P2, but the vendor gave me a different one, competition to be exact. i hate that stuff, idk why, competition just sucks. but i have a few other strings here at home, which one will play the closest to P2?

-SPPP
-Kirsch. Pro Line II
-Iso-speed baseline

ANY feedback is welcomed and THANKED

bobbyb
04-09-2008, 05:48 PM
i think the pro line 2 is very very similar to the P2 soo i would just use that until you can get the P2 you are dieing for

miniRafa386
04-09-2008, 05:51 PM
nice catch bro

ROTFL

samster
04-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I would go with the ProLine II as well.

Fedace
04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Ok, i ordered a few sets of kirsch P2, but the vendor gave me a different one, competition to be exact. i hate that stuff, idk why, competition just sucks. but i have a few other strings here at home, which one will play the closest to P2?

-SPPP
-Kirsch. Pro Line II
-Iso-speed baseline

ANY feedback is welcomed and THANKED

SPPP and iso-speed is really different than Proline 2. I love proline 2 as well, nice power and spin. do not buy the 18 gauge though, it is way to bouncy. 16 g and 17 g are very good.

miniRafa386
04-09-2008, 06:51 PM
thanks guys, i have the 1.25 (17) gauge at home now, but im thinkin about goin down to the 1.225 (17L) gauge for more feel and spin, if im going to switch to Pro line II. im really feelin the p2, but ill play with the pro line II for the weekend.

btw, if you buy kirsch strings as much as i do, their website is GREAT for buying inbetween gauges. like if 18 is too lively, and 17 is too dead, they have an inbetween gauge for it.

TonyB
04-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Strangely, I really liked the P2, but did not like the Pro-Line II at all.

I don't know why, but they feel like completely different strings to me. The Pro-Line II feels almost like a syn gut, whereas the P2 feels more like a slightly muted, softer copoly.

I noticed more spin out of the P2 than the Pro-Line II for some reason as well. Maybe because of the dwell time on the strings, I don't know.

Either way, I personally don't see any sense in spending $13 for a set of strings that feel just like a normal syn gut (the Pro-Line II).

Best match for my preferences is the Weiscannon Silverstring 1.20. The P2 feels somewhat close to the Silverstring, but the P2 has a bit more power, a bit less control, and is more muted.

Midlife crisis
04-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Like TonyB, I also love P2 (it's my current string of choice), but I didn't like Proline II either. Strung at the same tension, it felt like the Proline II was strung several pounds tighter. It was noticeably lower powered, and produced lower ball trajectories as well. These two factors ended up making my groundstrokes land a good 10-15 feet shorter. The PLII had a plasticky feel that made it seem like I couldn't get good spin, though the actual amount of spin was probably only a small bit less.

The PLII held tension better than the P2, so the next time I went down 5% in tension with the PLII and it felt more similar to the P2, but still with less pop and lower ball trajectories off the racquet. I haven't used it since, but will drop the tension another 5% when I try it again.

Casco
04-10-2008, 08:12 PM
i think the pro line 2 is very very similar to the P2 soo i would just use that until you can get the P2 you are dieing for

I agree - ProLine II is fairly similar to P2.

stormholloway
04-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Competition for sure. I've used Competition and Pro Line II extensively.

TonyB
04-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Like TonyB, I also love P2 (it's my current string of choice), but I didn't like Proline II either. Strung at the same tension, it felt like the Proline II was strung several pounds tighter. It was noticeably lower powered, and produced lower ball trajectories as well. These two factors ended up making my groundstrokes land a good 10-15 feet shorter. The PLII had a plasticky feel that made it seem like I couldn't get good spin, though the actual amount of spin was probably only a small bit less.

Yup, that's just what I experienced. Very accurately described. Although I liked the P2, I think I'll stick with the Silverstring.

miniRafa386
04-12-2008, 09:34 AM
i played my match with pro line II and touch multi, wow, probably the best combo i have tried in my entire life, even more than nat. gut and big banger. the pro line II on the mains offers high amounts of spin and control, while the ball-pocketing touch multi offers the pinpoint accuracy for those hard-to-hit shots, like the angle crosscourt backhand passing shot, or my personal favorite, the tweener :)

thanks for all they helps guys

Chauvalito
04-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Which is stiffer between Pro Line 1, and Pro line 2?

are there tension maintenance and spin differenced between the two? Thanks.

miniRafa386
04-13-2008, 05:20 PM
^^^^
i was just about to ask that. whats the difference between the two?

Big-Serve
04-14-2008, 09:59 AM
hey MiniRafa!
I'm getting tommorow some testsets from Kirschbaum, Kirschbaum Hybrix Power 17, Kirschbaum Hybrix Spin 17, and 12m set from the Touch Turbo and 12m from the Touchmultifibre! The Hybrix Power is pro line 2 in the mains and touch multi in the crosses, right? ---> http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageAC-HYBRIX125P.html
At which tension should I string my racquets with these Hybrids, when I'm stringing a full Poly like Touch Turbo at 57/52 lbs (26/24 kg)?

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english!

miniRafa386
04-16-2008, 04:25 PM
big serve,
for a hybrid, i would string it the same as your full poly, except bring up the KG/LBS on the multi by 2 lbs, or 1 kg.

if you hit with the smash spikey, give us a review, i gotta set too, but i cant try it out for another two weeks cause i have a tourny