PDA

View Full Version : more velocity and top spin

bab pure drive roddick
04-09-2008, 04:09 PM
hey, recently ive been trying to hit it hard and keep hitting it out by 6 inches. i use a k blade 98 with nxt duo strings strung at 58 lbs. how can i hit more topspin and hit it deep but with speed? thanks

Djokovicfan4life
04-09-2008, 04:22 PM
hey, recently ive been trying to hit it hard and keep hitting it out by 6 inches. i use a k blade 98 with nxt duo strings strung at 58 lbs. how can i hit more topspin and hit it deep but with speed? thanks

What grip do you use? If you're not already using a semi-western grip I would strongly encourage you to do so. Make sure you are using a proper windshield wiper motion to finish your stroke. After contact, pronate (or rotate, in other words) your forearm as if you were checking your watch to see the time.

BreakPtSi
04-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Your arm/wrist can follow through basically in two directions. A bend or **** at the wrist will flatten your shot and add pace while a spin of the hand/arm with add spin and give you more margin for error. You want to combine the two to find a healthy medium. They also play off of each other...the more you swing through the quicker your head speed, the more the spin, the more you can swing through, etc.

Vision84
04-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Change your racket path. Start your upwards swing with the racket further below the ball than usual. You can experiment with this till you find a nice balance of depth and spin.