PDA

View Full Version : How does a dead poly suppose to feel like?

vince916
04-09-2008, 08:33 PM
I strung my LM Radical about 18 months ago with Pro Hurricane Tour. Can someone explain the "dead" feeling of poly?

ogruskie
04-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Sorry, but how are WE supposed to know how YOUR racquet feels like?

ramseszerg
04-09-2008, 08:43 PM
if it's been 18 months, it's dead.. poly doesnt have that lively feel for so long. You probably don't even remember what it was like what you first strung it lol. If you can remember that, you will be able to tell that it's dead.

mtpleasantmako
04-10-2008, 05:42 PM
if you strung your racquet with poly and didn't hit with it would it still go dead? i rotate hitting 3 sticks and would get about 6 months (2-3 times a week) with my old synthetic gut. now i have switched to poly and about 2 months of hitting 2-3 times a week all 3 are not feeling the same. i am going to try a hybrid set up next. maybe it will last a little longer.

Midlife crisis
04-10-2008, 06:50 PM
A dead poly feels like a kevlar stringjob to me.

YULitle
04-10-2008, 07:51 PM
18 months.... with poly? OMG

Get it restrung. Then you will know.

Double Fault
04-11-2008, 04:06 AM
PHT is dead after the first week. Restring and you'll see the drastic changes.

Petra Martinnen
04-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Guys. In 21st C CE string does NOT go dead! That is an old wives tale. String loses tension that can change play characteristic a bit. Rough string might smooth out. But "dead"? No! Tension loss is 90% confined to first day after stringing!

7.0 pros who earn bread by winning a few points more than opponents choose a restringing because slight tension loss is important to them. The extra point won or lost is $$. "Old" string may may also "get into the head"?

Ask Nickolai about using the same string for over a week+? He won Miami and never looked better!

Cup8489
04-11-2008, 05:19 AM
Guys. In 21st C CE string does NOT go dead! That is an old wives tale. String loses tension that can change play characteristic a bit. Rough string might smooth out. But "dead"? No! Tension loss is 90% confined to first day after stringing!

7.0 pros who earn bread by winning a few points more than opponents choose a restringing because slight tension loss is important to them. The extra point won or lost is $$. "Old" string may may also "get into the head"?

Ask Nickolai about using the same string for over a week+? He won Miami and never looked better!

yeah, no.
he restrung after every match, and yes, strings do go dead, and they lose so much tension over time if you dont get restrung, that by the tiem you do get it restrung, you probably won't like how stiff it feels

i'm speaking from experience, i left BB timo in my nxg for 5 months, and when i finally got it restrung, i had tennis elbow for a month b/c i wasnt used to the stiffness.

so no, you're wrong. it's a proven fact that strings go dead. it's pretty much impossible for them NOT to.