PDA

View Full Version : service motion hitch

larry10s
04-10-2008, 06:13 AM
i have developed a hitch where i sort of wiggle the racquet at the top before i get to trophy position then the rest goes ok although i could use more racquet drop. does anyone have advice on trying to get the serve to be more smooth or fluid in rhythm?

the_flying_wallaby
04-10-2008, 06:18 AM
loosen the wrist. when you start your motion, let the raquet head drop down, and then bring it back up. i'll try and wake a vid of it if i can.

k_liu
04-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Here's a trick a pro taught me... take a small garbage bag, place a tennis ball in it, tie a know about mid way and hold the other end about racquet length. Start your services motion and follow thru. The ball should never touch any part of your body and should never come to a stop. This will help develop a fluid motion and workout the hitch you have.

Sorry if I didn't explain it well.

junbumkim
04-10-2008, 07:42 AM
First, just practice your serve motion w/o the ball. So you know how you want it done.

Second, start with your racket back / high. So you just toss the ball and and hit. Do this until you are fairly grooved.

Third, slowly go back to your entire motion. Focus on simplfying your backswing and not to make the wiggle. Don't really focus on hitting the serve hard or anything else.

the_flying_wallaby
04-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Here's a trick a pro taught me... take a small garbage bag, place a tennis ball in it, tie a know about mid way and hold the other end about racquet length. Start your services motion and follow thru. The ball should never touch any part of your body and should never come to a stop. This will help develop a fluid motion and workout the hitch you have.

whoa :shock: that is so cool, i would have never tought of that.

A-Town
04-16-2008, 10:30 AM

Sorry if I didn't explain it well.

Heard of a variation of this in which you somehow (drill, nail, whatever) get a tiny rope to go through the ball, so essentially, you have a tennis ball on a string. And yes go through your motion without the ball touching you.