PDA

View Full Version : i want to serve just like lindsay davenport

venusandserenafreak
04-10-2008, 03:53 PM
im big and tall just like lindsay and really admire her game any tips on how a lefty could immulate her famous serve im a lefty

Solat
04-10-2008, 06:02 PM
you'd be better off serving like venus then...

venusandserenafreak
04-10-2008, 06:37 PM
you'd be better off serving like venus then...

why would u say that her serve is way to inconsistient

A.Davidson
04-11-2008, 04:42 AM
^^^

Aaaaaaaaand how.

venusandserena, why don't you try watching some videos of Davenport's serve, and then integrate parts of it into your own service motion?

thejackal
04-11-2008, 07:02 AM
i really dont like the excessive wrist motion lindsey has in the beginning of her motion - it works for her but its more of an idiosyncrasy than anything else. the rest of the motion is solid though.

ThiTran
04-11-2008, 07:48 AM
When I was in highschool, I used to imitate John Mcenroe's serve, the result was sore arm and inconsistent serve : )

It's better to learn the fundamental, keys in each strokes and adapt them to your physical and motions.

For the serve, you would want to learn the consistent toss, lean into the serve for first serve, don't rotate the body too soon, continental grip, bend knees, simple taking racket back, pronation. Work on spin, consistency, and placement before adding on power.

Check out some slow motion videos and focus on the fundamental keys.

When you focus too much on a certain player's style, that may distract your focus when you are playing in a real match.

Kaptain Karl
04-11-2008, 08:10 AM
im big and tall just like lindsay and really admire her game any tips on how a lefty could immulate her famous serve im a leftyWhat (specifically) do you admire about her serve? Which elements?

- KK

Fay
04-11-2008, 08:30 AM
I prefer the serve which Venus uses.

venusandserenafreak
04-11-2008, 12:59 PM
What (specifically) do you admire about her serve? Which elements?

- KK

i really like how she mixes it up with consistency. she can kick it slice it and ht it flat. i also like her motion . and her toss is incredibly consistient also. just an all around very solid serve

venusandserenafreak
04-11-2008, 01:01 PM
^^^

Aaaaaaaaand how.

venusandserena, why don't you try watching some videos of Davenport's serve, and then integrate parts of it into your own service motion?

o yeah i was being sarcastic about that i just forgot my little smiley thing i love her serve but sometimes she can loose her timing in a match thats why i prefer lindsays over venus but venus has more power though id give her an edge on that

Mick
04-11-2008, 01:05 PM
When I was in highschool, I used to imitate John Mcenroe's serve, the result was sore arm and inconsistent serve : )

It's better to learn the fundamental, keys in each strokes and adapt them to your physical and motions.
When you focus too much on a certain player's style, that may distract your focus when you are playing in a real match.

I agree. It's better to serve the way it comes naturally to you than to imitate a certain pro.

ThiTran
04-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Could not edit my post. I meant John McEnroe with the capital E.