PDA

View Full Version : My future in tennis

NmKnight
04-10-2008, 07:19 PM
I started playing tennis last year and im reely starting to get into it this year. Im a sophmore(15 years old). id rate myself a 3.5 after watching videos on youtube and reading the rating list on usta. By next year i want to be inbetween a 4.0-4.5, is that possible with at least 2 hours of training everyday? Ive been seeing improvement in myself lately. There are many kids that started when they were very young. I was ****ed i didnt start that early b/c i never even though about playing until high school. Is it possible to get on their level? im going to post a video soon, but i would still like 2 hear peoples opinions

quicken
04-10-2008, 08:21 PM
yes, that sounds like an ideal plan

randomname
04-10-2008, 08:26 PM
if your at 3.5 after one year and are really going to play 2 hours a day, then absolutely you can (assuming you have solid technique)

elee3
04-10-2008, 11:04 PM
If you focus on form you can easily. I was about a 3.5 form wise throughout high school, but I was a way better player by the time I was a senior. I really never found time to focus on working on a better forehand, backhand, etc etc during the season and I didn't really work on it during the offseason. I basically only worked on mental game and strategy on how to get my opponents to self destruct in HS lol.

After HS when all games I played were for fun I actually worked on my form and improved greatly. Youtube era after HS certainly help too. I actually don't like getting my opponents to self destruct now cause they wouldn't want to play me any more lol.