PDA

View Full Version : What type of strings do you recommend? You should help me out =]

1337Kira
04-10-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm going to have a racquet restrung soon, and I'm still deciding on what strings I should get.
I've pretty much have only played with nylon, synthetic gut and multifilament strings.

I want to try a poly string like Luxilon, SPPP, MSV Focus Hex or TS Cyberpower.

I hear these strings are very durable, and I'm not that big of a string breaker-so how bad would it be for me to just leave these strings in for a long time?

These specific brands supposedly have pretty good tension maintenance, but how long exactly do these polys stay "alive"?

What exactly does a dead poly string mean? Is it as bad as people say?
What negative effects are there? Do you lose power? control? Spin?

The term Co-Poly is tossed around alot too- for example Kirschbaum Competition.

What's the difference between Poly and Co-Poly?

Basically I want a good string that's relatively affordable.
I keep seeing poly's being recommended left and right.

What other strings should I try?

It's alot, but I appreciate your help.
Thanks.

vndesu
04-10-2008, 09:55 PM
if you want cheap but good poly i highly recomend Topspin Cyberflash 17g

TennisNewbie85
04-10-2008, 10:14 PM
since your not a string breaker and want to give polys a try. i would suggest big ace micro. i, myself havent tried these strings, but ive read a lot of great things about it. i have two sets in my bag right now and will do a full string job, then hybrid next time i restring.

mraznman
04-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm going to have a racquet restrung soon, and I'm still deciding on what strings I should get.
I've pretty much have only played with nylon, synthetic gut and multifilament strings.

I want to try a poly string like Luxilon, SPPP, MSV Focus Hex or TS Cyberpower.

I hear these strings are very durable, and I'm not that big of a string breaker-so how bad would it be for me to just leave these strings in for a long time?

These specific brands supposedly have pretty good tension maintenance, but how long exactly do these polys stay "alive"?

What exactly does a dead poly string mean? Is it as bad as people say?
What negative effects are there? Do you lose power? control? Spin?

The term Co-Poly is tossed around alot too- for example Kirschbaum Competition.

What's the difference between Poly and Co-Poly?

Basically I want a good string that's relatively affordable.
I keep seeing poly's being recommended left and right.

What other strings should I try?

It's alot, but I appreciate your help.
Thanks.

I'm not sure about polys, but if you're not a frequent string breaker, NEVER use luxilons. Luxilons tend to stretch over time, so they lose playability. and you wont snap them so it's a problem.

supermario343
04-10-2008, 10:46 PM
I just strung this combo tonight...Pro Supex Big Ace red on the mains and Pro Supex Maxim Touch on the crosses. Its supp to be amazing together. Give it a try, the maxim is very soft and may be tough to string though :) Good luck with what you decide!

Heres a pic of what it looks like btw...

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4526/003bz1.jpg

Valjean
04-11-2008, 12:13 PM
1337kira, you need a visit here first:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/String/StringReference.html