PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion

xpaulinabearx
04-11-2008, 07:50 AM
What's your opinion about the Luxilon Big Banger Original 16 ?
Does it have alot of control ?
And is it stiff ?

Lefty5
04-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Good, but I have yet to understand why anyone would buy a 16g in a poly.

Yes lots of control like most polys.

Pretty Stiff IMHO but plays nice for 2 hours.

Overall, there are many cheaper options that play equal or better. Topspin CyberPower/Flash and Unique Big Hitter come in under $10 and will actually give you some feel as well.

Babb
04-11-2008, 12:03 PM
It's great stuff at first, but then it's not very good. Like the previous poster mentioned, there are better polyesters that actually maintain some playability after the first few hits...

I've found that Luxilon is much worse than Pro Supex Big Ace in terms of tension maintenance...

supermario343
04-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I would choose Big Ace anyday over Big Banger

xpaulinabearx
04-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Really ?
:O
I think i might get the big ace then.
thanks !

Babb
04-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Yeah, unless you restring often definitely go for the Big Ace over Luxilon. Luxilon is for people who restring every other day...

supermario343
04-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Really ?
:O
I think i might get the big ace then.
thanks !

You can choose between 3 colors for the Big Ace as well...white, red, or yellow. Good luck with the string :)

Freedom
04-11-2008, 08:59 PM
I use Original, and I like it. The tension drops pretty quickly, but I like it as it gets looser.

ledor
04-11-2008, 09:58 PM
I had a reel of BB original, big mistake. hurt my arm at 55+ lbs tensions or higher. I dropped it down all the way to 45 lbs. It gets mushy after perhaps 10 hours, but at the beginning, it's insanely stiff. Breaking them in, you may get some feel, then once again it becomes mushy. The only best part is that the strings never move as the package says. I'm in love with SPPP with string tension maintenence, and i have yet to try CyberPower as it is sitting on my desk right next to my laptop.

Pusher
04-12-2008, 04:48 AM
BB Original is one of the few polys a pro may have on his racquet-for good reason. If you hit hard and your opponents do as well then this string gets the job done. Most or all of the top line polys lose tension but the BB Original retains its playability until it breaks.

BB Original, The ALU series and Babolat PH Tour dominate the high end poly market.

For club and rec players I think the cheaper brands perform very well and there is little need to use and pay for the very best strings. They will not see much difference other than the prices.

xpaulinabearx
04-12-2008, 08:32 AM
I had a reel of BB original, big mistake. hurt my arm at 55+ lbs tensions or higher. I dropped it down all the way to 45 lbs. It gets mushy after perhaps 10 hours, but at the beginning, it's insanely stiff. Breaking them in, you may get some feel, then once again it becomes mushy. The only best part is that the strings never move as the package says. I'm in love with SPPP with string tension maintenence, and i have yet to try CyberPower as it is sitting on my desk right next to my laptop.

My dad said the same thing
haha

Zhou
04-12-2008, 10:00 AM
I personally feel that there is no alternative to Luxilon. Only cheaper immitations.

Babb
04-12-2008, 12:39 PM
^^^^
After 1 week, I'd rather have Big Ace in my racquet than Luxilon...