PDA

View Full Version : Who's on your TW Ignore List?

TripleB
01-07-2005, 11:10 AM
NoBadMojo has officially put me on his "Ignore List" here at Tennis Warehouse:

"tw has a new feature which is the ignore list..at this point i would like to add you to that list..." NoBadMojo

I'm just wondering who you have put on your ignore list and why?

TripleB

BTW: I haven't (and won't) put anyone on my 'Ignore List'. I feel everyone has a right to be heard and one of my jobs in this thing we call life is to do with that information what I wish.

equinox
01-07-2005, 11:18 AM
TripleB,

Just use your all benjamin* accounts.

NBMJ can't escape. ;)

David Pavlich
01-07-2005, 11:45 AM
NoBadMojo has officially put me on his "Ignore List" here at Tennis Warehouse:

"tw has a new feature which is the ignore list..at this point i would like to add you to that list..." NoBadMojo

I'm just wondering who you have put on your ignore list and why?

TripleB

BTW: I haven't (and won't) put anyone on my 'Ignore List'. I feel everyone has a right to be heard and one of my jobs in this thing we call life is to do with that information what I wish.

Sorry...noone has the right to be HEARD. You have the right to free speech within certain boundries (can't yell fire in a crowded theater, etc) which cannot be censored by the government. However, since this is a private bulletin board, TW can delete, modify or move any post that they wish for any reason that the moderators of this board wish.

David

TripleB
01-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Sorry David...I should have clarified (or re-worded) my last statement. I don't feel like I should put someone on an "Ignore List" because they express opinions that I don't agree with when I have the opportunity to read what they have to say and then respond if I wish (as long as it is in a context that is acceptable to the moderators).

It seems to me that if you put someone on an "Ignore List" you are under the belief that they do not have anything useful to say in the present and will not have anything useful to say in the future.

TripleB

David Pavlich
01-07-2005, 02:20 PM
I agree. If you don't wish to correspond, then don't. Pretty simple, I'd say.

I tend to pontificate when it comes to the misinterpretation of "free speech". The government is the only entity that can censor. It isn't censorship if say a new board called "Ben's Strings'NRacquets" sets the rules that the only topics are frames and strings. If someone decides to talk about the USS Alabama anchored in Mobile Bay, Ben the Moderator can delete that post without explanation or aplogy. You set the parameters and if the posters don't like it, then go to the board that talks about battleships.

David

Gaines Hillix
01-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Ben, I don't intend to ignore anyone at the moment, although there used to a guy on here with the initials LH that I would have if this feature had been available. I've been accused of being boring and if anyone wants to ignore my posts, so be it. :-) Take no offense, please, but some people are irriated by posters who seem to never be able to make up their mind or that repost basically the same question in different forms over and over again.

NoBadMojo
01-08-2005, 01:38 PM
gaines your posts are never boring in my estimation...good information cant be boring for those interested in the subject matter. lots of really bad info gets posted around here IMO, and it is refreshing to read posts by people who know their stuff as you do. i've sure learned from you. and yes, some people seem to post for other reasons in spite of claiming to do it merely to get opinions....i think most people know most of this has all been discussed before sometimes ad nauseum and all you really need do if you only wish for opinions on something is do a quick search of the board and <most usually> lots of opinions pop up (some good and some less than good). i think i know why some people behave the way they do, but that really isnt my business. maybe people have added me to their ignore list..if so. that's fine,and certainly their privelige to use a tool that the tw board offers. i would assume that those who dont like me would rather not have to interract with me. i think the ignore feature is a useful one, altho i can think of a few ways to get around it for those bent on doing so....

Morpheus
01-09-2005, 04:44 PM
The government is the only entity that can censor. It isn't censorship if say a new board called "Ben's Strings'NRacquets" sets the rules that the only topics are frames and strings. If someone decides to talk about the USS Alabama anchored in Mobile Bay, Ben the Moderator can delete that post without explanation or aplogy. You set the parameters and if the posters don't like it, then go to the board that talks about battleships.

David
I'm sorry I can't agree with you on this one, David. The word censor does not only apply to the government or government officials, although that is how it is often used. It can be used appropriately as a verb, as in , "As moderator, Ben censors material he finds morally objectionable." In this case, Ben is a censor, because he is duly authorized to act in that capacity, and the content he is censoring comes from individuals who have agreed to abide by his rules. He cannot, however, exercise that authority over me as a citizen of the United States, unless of course he a duly appointed govenment official of an agency authorized to act as censor (e.g, FCC).

And why the interest in correcting interpretations of free speech? Are you for it or against it, as a rule?

Phil
01-10-2005, 07:17 PM
maybe people have added me to their ignore list..if so. that's fine,and certainly their privelige to use a tool that the tw board offers. i would assume that those who dont like me would rather not have to interract with me.

As you have choosen not to interact w/the original poster of this thread, right? Now why would you make a post here, in a thread complaining about you specifically (although personally, I think 3B is a whinning little priss who needed an excuse to tell us all that poor, poor wittle twee bee is being ignorned by "NoBadmojo", but anyway...) and not even address that poster? I'm sure I'm on your "ignore list" too, but so be it. Your loss, not mine.

The Ignore function is a useful tool for people like you who's first response is to run away, crying. Pathetic, man.