PDA

View Full Version : A lot of questions here!

SeekHeart
04-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Ok I'm just going to list these in order of importance.

1.How do I get a kick serve to break to the right?
Right now I can brush up and currently am building consistency but the ball just won't break right.

2.I'm using a semi western forehand grip and I'm not really getting much penetration, I'm making contact at about waist level maybe slightly lower but I notice that I am late to hit it a lot of the time and need help on getting that fixed.

3.What is the proper way to return a serve in singles/doubles?

4. I'm standing like a tree during the game and find myself flat footed a lot. Is there any way to fix this? also I have a fear of playing up at the net for some reason.

Thank you for your answers and please be very detailed.

Rafael_Nadal_6257
04-11-2008, 10:27 PM
1. Practice, practice, practice...Try to brush not only down to up, but also at a diagonal/angle, from bottom left to upper right on the tennis ball. Improve your racquet head speed if you can.

2. Step into the court...watch the ball. Forward extension...

3. Doubles - Majority crosscourt or lob DTL over net player...Singles - Basically anywhere safe and deep.

4. Split-step right as your opponent contacts the ball. Force yourself to do it, and it will eventually become instinctual.

SeekHeart
04-12-2008, 05:52 AM
ok I will practice on that, also I'd like to know how to hit harder or deeper with a backhand. I'm a one hander with an eastern grip.

Rafael_Nadal_6257
04-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Hit your backhand earlier. GENERALLY, one-handed backhands have to be hit earlier than two-handed backhands and forehands.

Step into the court (same as no.2), start with hitting it flat and deep, then make it a little loopier, for topspin if you want. Most likely, you might be trying to hit too much topspin and just brushing up on the ball, causing the ball to land short with spin and little pace.

SeekHeart
04-12-2008, 09:49 AM
thanks, I have improved my forehand and backhand as of this morning. I'm still working on serve and return and on my return it ends up being clobbered by the net player and if I lob the other just smacks it away with a smash winner. Help?