PDA

View Full Version : Break all strings in one day.

baselinerT
04-11-2008, 07:22 PM
I dont know if I'm the only one but whenever I pop strings it's all three of them on the same day. I mean after 2 weeks I popped a Poly/SynGut hybrid, a full synthetic, and then a full poly. The weird thing was that I have only been using Poly/Synthetic hybrid more out of all of them yet after playing a couple sets the sythetic gut and poly pop like as if they were being worn out for a while. I'm going to go broke if I do this. I am going to try a 18 g kevlar/17g Synthetic hybrid to see how that goes.

supermario343
04-11-2008, 09:27 PM
what gauge string are you using and why string exactly?

Micky
04-11-2008, 09:43 PM
I dont know if I'm the only one but whenever I pop strings it's all three of them on the same day. I mean after 2 weeks I popped a Poly/SynGut hybrid, a full synthetic, and then a full poly. The weird thing was that I have only been using Poly/Synthetic hybrid more out of all of them yet after playing a couple sets the sythetic gut and poly pop like as if they were being worn out for a while. I'm going to go broke if I do this. I am going to try a 18 g kevlar/17g Synthetic hybrid to see how that goes.

Are you using the Wilson ncode six-one 95?

ledor
04-11-2008, 11:00 PM
what gauge string are you using and why string exactly?

Yes, please tell us, string brand and type, and tension and your racquet of choice.

baselinerT
04-12-2008, 06:25 AM
I'm using Prince o3 Tour MP's strung with Prince Tour 16/Prince Synthetic Gut w/ Duraflex 16, Prince Sythetic Gut w/ Duraflex 16, and Prince Tour 16.

hoodjem
04-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Yeah, try Kevlar.

Here's Nick's post on the Ashaway Kevlar hybrid--most interesting:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=190596

Hooooon
04-12-2008, 07:53 AM
duhhhhhhhh.... play with the same racquet til the strings break

Hokiez
04-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I alternate between 2 racquets with syn gut, when one breaks, the other is sure to follow shortly. I keep a backup with polyester to make sure I get through the match. I had to do this Thursday as both my syn gut racquets broke within 3 games in the match.