PDA

View Full Version : being critical

uspta mp
04-12-2008, 07:12 AM
sometimes on these boards, i see a bunch of know it all instructors. now i may be what my title really is, but i do listen to what you guys have to say. i take what works and discard what doesn't works. that simple. but i've seen a poster trying to help someone and they ended up getting ganged up. that is not right. we are all trying in one way or another help promote tennis, but if we instructors are going to criticize each other about the way they teach or makr a comment about a teaching organization, why bother posting here? hey they have a right to speak their mind as well! after all this is america.
thanks to those who post solutions, i do try them. instead of being critical of those solutions of someone offering to help. how about helping them rephrase their comments? you know sometimes maybe they are just not using the right words.
keep in mind, right now US tennis is in a decline. we need to help in every way we can to get it back to it's glory days. if US tennis is doing well, we do well!!

my rant for the day! now on to instruction

albino smurf
04-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Couldn't agree more. I've never seen more chips on shoulders, ever.

SystemicAnomaly
04-14-2008, 03:00 AM
Yeah, I've seen some pretty nasty exchanges in the past -- it has gotten rather ugly at times. However, I've not seen this happen in the past month or so in this forum -- looks like complaints and moderator interventions have helped quite a bit. Are there some current threads where the problem has re-surfaced?