PDA

View Full Version : 2 nd serve on the deuce side for right hander

imran
04-13-2008, 01:12 AM
was out practicing serving today. I try to copy feds serve style, watched loads of you tube vids.

Im really struggling with my serve at the moment, Some days its really hot and then some days it like iv never served and cant get any rhythm.

Im committed to practicing my serve as much as possible and spent two hours practicing from the deuce and ad side second serve, trying to focus on twist serve and movement when it lands and bounces. Im practicing on tarmac so when it does kick you can see it really kick. im practicing with training balls.

On the deuce side I find it so much harder than the ad side. On the deuce side i do a lot of shanks and a lot of frame shots and cant consistently spin the ball in or twist it in.

How do i also improve my toss also it can go wayward???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDUHcAwO ... re=related

im trying to learn this on deuce side or teh fact the ball spins up and away

Sentinel
04-13-2008, 03:24 AM
Pls cut-paste the URL again. Your serve video is not showing up.

Where are you located ?

imran
04-13-2008, 04:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDUHcAwOp5E

this feds equivalent though

Sentinel
04-13-2008, 06:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDUHcAwOp5E

this feds equivalent though
oh, i thought you were treating us to your own serve. The only problem I could have when moving from Ad to Deuce is placement, for which your stance may have to slightly turn when on the Deuce. In my case strangely I stand exactly the same way on both sides, and it works.

Second, the height of the net when changing from ad to deuce. So you could hit the tape at times.

But in your case you start shanking when you change, that's strange.

imran
04-13-2008, 09:26 AM
the reason is i find the frame is easier to open on the strings on ad side

imran
04-13-2008, 11:21 AM
today served better but when i increase speed of racket on top spin serve i shank on the frame but if its slower its fine

uspta mp
04-13-2008, 11:31 AM
sometimes "slow is fast"

imran
04-13-2008, 11:59 AM
uspta how is slow fast

uspta mp
04-13-2008, 12:09 PM
today served better but when i increase speed of racket on top spin serve i shank on the frame but if its slower its fine

you said when you slow it down, it's fine. it's a common phrase i use. a lot of times when you are attempting to try something new, it doesn't hurt to start slow and work your way to speed. before you know it, you will be up to speed because you trained yourself to do it correctly without rushing into it.
therefore "slow is fast".

Bungalo Bill
04-13-2008, 12:17 PM
you said when you slow it down, it's fine. it's a common phrase i use. a lot of times when you are attempting to try something new, it doesn't hurt to start slow and work your way to speed. before you know it, you will be up to speed because you trained yourself to do it correctly without rushing into it.

Good advice. I second this.

imran
04-13-2008, 12:56 PM
i did find that today slow is fast

guitarplayer57
04-13-2008, 05:39 PM
turning your feet might help. stand facing the court a bit more on duece side like u do on the ad side

Djokovicfan4life
04-13-2008, 05:47 PM

Very true for the serve and for many things not even tennis-related. I know when I practice guitar I have to constantly tell myself "If you want to play fast, you have to play slow".

Just work your way up, it's called practice for a reason.