PDA

View Full Version : What strings would suit me best?

SeekHeart
04-13-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm due for a string job in a few months and I'm lookin for a good set. I prefer strings that are very spin oriented and I'm going for a hybrid at this point. Here's the current racket I'm using. http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-SP03BK.html

PROTENNIS63
04-13-2008, 05:18 AM
I am assuming you don't break strings so a regular synthetic gut would do. PSGD does a pretty good job with the spin (for a synthetic). Wilson Super Spin is also a synthetic string but supposedly helps generate spin.

J011yroger
04-13-2008, 05:37 AM
I reccomend that you read my guide. Lots of good info in there.

J

SeekHeart
04-13-2008, 09:01 AM
I almost never break strings, just lose tension.

supermario343
04-13-2008, 09:06 AM
I used to break strings all the time it was rediculous...prolly bc i take big cuts at the ball and go for winners. Now a days, I just lose tension myself. I love how string has gotten better :D

SeekHeart
04-13-2008, 03:08 PM
What tension should I be considerin? also I was thinking about buying the Prince Tour Blend or maybe the Babolot Vs Hurricane Tour 17 from the site. Any ideas?

supermario343
04-13-2008, 03:15 PM
I generally string anywhere from 53-56 at most for mains and crosses. If you like spin oriented string, try Pro Supex Blue Gear. It gives amazing spin! I have a reel of it in 17g :)

NLBwell
04-13-2008, 05:03 PM
A few months? If you keep strings in your racket that long, you probably need to go with some kind of nylon. Prince syn gut duraflex for cheap. Some form of NXT if you want softer and more expensive. Sounds like Poly will go dead before you would break the syn gut.
You could go with some kevlar hybrid and maybe never have to re-string again, won't lose much tension or break. If you want to shred the tennis balls with spin get some Kevlar Gear. It is stiff string, so if you have arm problems I would go with a form of nylon.
If you really want a poly for spin, I've found Sigmun Pro Poly Plasma Pure holds tension the longest.

SeekHeart
04-13-2008, 06:40 PM
What do you guys think about babolot vs Pro Hurricane Tour?