PDA

View Full Version : Alize Cornet

FedExpress
04-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Does anyone think she can make it big?

I was watching her last night against Cibulkova, and she played a great match until she ran out of gas in the 3rd set. She moves well, has a great forehand and has a killer backhand down the line.

At the moment she's ranked 48, but should move up after reaching the semis in Amelia Island. Last year she also brought Jankovic to three sets.

Who thinks she can do well?

equinox
04-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Potential for Top 10.

She has a nice bod, could have gone into modeling.

Hopefully she can make a run at the FO with the crowd backing her.

NLBwell
04-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Hope any modeling/advertisements/endorsements don't ruin her tennis career.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
04-13-2008, 06:35 PM
A shame people have to so often refer back to superficial elements to rate someone, rather than answer based on what the question asked. Even more so a shame that too much of society's young women around the world base their joy on what some subjective person who concentrates on appearance has to say, or that this is among the first things some comment on when viewing a person.

Anyway...to answer the question directly:

She needs to work on fitness, endurance specific, and she really should climb within top 10 on WTA tour. I always hope to see someone do well. Especially on the women's tour its always hopeful to see someone grow to be truly a consistent threat or power.

Lefty Serve
04-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Alize Cornet has potential to be #1. She has that Henin spark and really attacks. You have to remember she just turned 18 and won the French girls last year. She is now #40 and moving up very fast. She still has the body of a teenager, and in a few years she will be a much more physical player to compliment her fire and technique. This is a girl who is on her way to the top.

jmverdugo
04-14-2008, 07:49 AM
I also think she has a lot of potential and will be doing wonders, specially on clay.

And my shallow comment: She is Tsonga´s GF, or so i hear.

Vlad
04-14-2008, 05:29 PM
I think she has that Nadal's like forehand with huge topspin and she can move opponents off the court easily with that shot. Clay is her best surface but she also has couple decent hardcourt results. It is possible she might finish in top 20 this year.

robkat
04-15-2008, 07:16 AM
I saw her play at Amelia Island Last week. I was very impressed by her play. She moves very well on the court and has some great strokes. I think she has top 10 Potential.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb90/Dulcinea5002/IMG_2272.jpg

FedExpress
04-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Another good win for Cornet, 7-5 6-4 over Szavay. She's now into her second semi in a row. If she can keep this up she'll be in the top twenty soon.