PDA

View Full Version : New Racquet suggestions

DevilBeGood
01-07-2005, 06:19 PM
hi,

i have recently decided to devote the rest of my sporting career to the art of tennis... i am currently a highschool player with a ranking of around 4. i have played in few tournaments with some sucess. however i've been playing with these two wall-mart special POS racquets. i am looking for a tweener racquet that has good controll as well with a somewhat large sweet spot. i'd like to say money is no option but if we could be reasonable for a kid who works at AMC that would be great... thank you for any and all suggestions :D

raven5288
01-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Could you tell us what kind of game you have...anything more about you would help too.

newbie123
01-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Ti.Rad OS or POG OS

Both have large sweetspots but the latter is harder to use due to weight. Both are very comfortable(the Ti.Rad is more buttery, whiel POG is more solid but still flexible). The Ti.Rad is cheaper(**** - $50-70) and will probably be better to use. The POG OS is pretty darn heavy but has a lot of power when swung fast. I would go with Ti.Rad cause its good at pretty much everything...serves, volleys, groundstrokes, and its just as good if not better than the liquidmetal one. They are both very arm friendly racquets.

equinox
01-07-2005, 09:41 PM
i have played in few tournaments with some sucess. however i've been playing with these two wall-mart special POS racquets.
Since you have had success with your current racquets. I'd stay with them. Why change a winning formula?

If you change racquets your game will suffer negativity for a few months while you adjust to them.

I believe an old saying applies here.

If it ain't broken.. don't fix it.

PS: note the above advice does not apply to poster know as TrippleB.