PDA

View Full Version : Head Wholesale prices

DavaiMarat
04-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi,

I would like to ask anyone who buys strings wholesale. I just recently made a deal with my local head rep to only string with HEAD products and only use HEAD replacement grips (I have a little business stringing and customizing racquets). However, I'm a bit confused.

He just sent me a wholesale price list of the strings and racquet accessories but the odd thing is the prices there are more then I would pay retail. For example, Rip Control was indicated to be 180$ a reel and I can a reel of that stuff for 130$ at the local tennis store.

MY question is, does the price listed there more then one reel or a longer reel then a 660? The reason I'm asking because they also list replacement grips for 90$. I'm assuming that's a box of 10 or 15 but they don't indicate anything.

So anyways, I'm a wholesale noob and confused. Can anyone help me?

chrisplchs
04-13-2008, 04:57 PM
I think he sent you MSRP prices...
You might have to call to get the wholesale prices

Zhou
04-13-2008, 04:57 PM
That is probably a box of 20 or something like that because $90 for a replacement grip can only mean it is a box of 20 or so.

vince916
04-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Wouldnt you be limiting the customer base of your business if you only use Head?

YULitle
04-13-2008, 05:04 PM
He'd be getting a better deal than if he tried to carry it all. It's a decision a lot of pro shop's make.

DavaiMarat
04-13-2008, 05:10 PM
I think he sent you MSRP prices...
You might have to call to get the wholesale prices

yeah I'm going to call thier main office tomorrow and get teh skinny.

dancraig
04-13-2008, 05:19 PM
I have some wholesale accounts. On small orders, I can get a better deal from another vendor than "wholesale" from the company. Sometimes I can get a better price from a retailer.
The big retailers buy in such large quantities that they can afford to sell it, at a profit, for a lower price than the little guy can buy it "wholesale".

Steve Huff
04-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Even if you are able to get prices wholesale, you will very likely be able to buy things just as cheaply through places like Tennis Warehouse. This is due to the volume you would be able to buy versus the volume TW buys. Of course, I could be wrong, assuming you can buy 100-200 rackets at a time, possibly more. You'd be stuck with obsolete rackets that you couldn't unload at the price you paid for them. Head probably won't give you much better deal either just because it's more effecient for them to sell larger quantities to wholesalers than trying to give wholesale prices to a small retailer.