PDA

View Full Version : Learning Computer

penang
01-07-2005, 08:18 PM
At 40, I'd like to improve my computer skill. No time for classes.
Own a laptop, and doesn't know how to paste picture to email and many more. Anyone recommend Video Professor learning kit shown on TV? Or any order learning kit on software?

raftermania
01-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey, try some internet help sites for beginners before you dump your money into some infocommercial ads.

http://about.com/compute/

copy the about link into your address bar of your internet explorer and press enter.

It's a pretty comprehensive site for computing. It includes a section on e-mail if you look down the left hand column of that site.

Hop in the car friend and get on the information superhighway... Remember when it was chic to call the internet this back in the 90s? Sooo corny now. :P

snowpuppy
01-08-2005, 05:55 AM
You can read books. If you are really at the beginner stage, then u can go for the highly visual books with a lot of pictures. If you know a little bit, u might want to try the dummies books. They worked for me. But usually no one have the patience anymore to read. So you maybe have to find something that you really like to do in computers, like surf the web or play games that start reading books around that area so you have some kind of motivation. If you really get into computer gaming, you'll start picking up hardware knowledge in no time due to all the upgrading you'll try to do to make your game look and run better :)

Hope this helps