PDA

View Full Version : Is there a difference between Co-Poly and Poly?

1337Kira
04-14-2008, 12:44 AM
Just as the title says, I'm wondering if there is a difference between Co-Poly and Poly?
I've seen both terms thrown around, but I'm not sure whether they are synonymous.

Stan
04-14-2008, 04:03 AM
Poly is a term that is short for polyester, strings composed primarily of polyester. Newer generation strings have advanced technology and a mixture of assorted elements to help with tension maintenance and comfort, these are referred to as copolys.

Loco4Tennis
04-14-2008, 04:45 AM
copoly when i get asked i say are a combination between a poly string and synthetic gut
they are much softer on the arm then polys, but yet offer about the same responce in regards to play as the poly strings, they stretch more also then poly strings,
seems like copolys has all the benefits of poly strings without the harsh feel of them, thus giving a little more power back, and thats why they are much more expensive then the poly strings, such as luxilon, thats a copoly

ionutzakis
04-14-2008, 04:52 AM
Luxilon is a copoly? I thought is a 1st gen poly but with teflon

Stan
04-14-2008, 05:32 AM
ALU is a 2nd generation copoly.

Loco4Tennis
04-14-2008, 09:03 AM
ALU is a 2nd generation copoly.

yeahh, what he said
i tried to copy and paste the information from the web site, no luck, so here is word 4 word, "luxilon is not a polyester string, its a poly-ether-ether blend"
http://www.protennis.us/Main.swf

but anyways, thats what i think about when i see copoly

Richie Rich
04-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Poly is a term that is short for polyester, strings composed primarily of polyester. Newer generation strings have advanced technology and a mixture of assorted elements to help with tension maintenance and comfort, these are referred to as copolys.

what he wrote