PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Trophy Pose is this essential?

millenium
04-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Does it matter which side the hitting side of strings are facing at the trophy pose the exact time when the tip of racket is facing the sky. The classic trophy pose is when the strings are facing the side fence but is this essential ?

anchorage
04-14-2008, 05:02 AM
I think it's more a consequence of the grip taken. With the classic chopper grip, a passive wrist will get you into that position naturally. Sometimes, if I'm going for a huge amount of spin, I grip beyond Continental. The racket head will reflect that change of grip in the trophy position. I certainly wouldn't manipulate the hand / wrist to get into the position you describe.

Tennisman912
04-15-2008, 10:55 AM
It only affected by your grip as suggested. Don't forget the most important point regarding a pose finish. By getting to the pose position you are finishing your stroke completely. The biggest difference between good players and those that are not is they always finish their stroke, no matter what. They are concerned with the finish because if you made it to the finish you know you completed your stroke and will maximize your consistency.

TM