PDA

View Full Version : Pull Serve

nereis
04-14-2008, 08:21 AM
I've just found out that I have what tricky calls a "pull serve", it'd explain why my attempts at jumping into the serve flop. :)

However, my work on an abbreviated serve motion and my old-school coach has resulted in a lot of confusion on my part. Are there any pros with a "pull serve" and has abbreviated their motion around a traditional takeback?

Djokovicfan4life
04-14-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm probably just an idiot, but WTF is a "pull serve"?

seb85
04-14-2008, 11:14 AM
I think a 'pull serve' is analagous to the 'pull forehand'. If you search the forum you should find umpteen threads about what a 'pull' or 'push' forehand is.

vince916
04-14-2008, 11:28 AM
I remember when my friend kept saying quick serve.

Me: wtf is that?
Her: its where you hit the serve so hard it makes it really hard for the person to return it
Me: You mean a flat serve?
Her: I guess...if thats what you call it.

Djokovicfan4life
04-14-2008, 11:46 AM
I think a 'pull serve' is analagous to the 'pull forehand'. If you search the forum you should find umpteen threads about what a 'pull' or 'push' forehand is.

Oh, so you mean "pulling" the butt-cap of the racquet toward the ball?

That's just proper technique.

nereis
04-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Its just my hitting style. Its where instead of exploding off the ground ALA Roddick you sort of coil into the ball ALA McEnroe. :???:

nereis
04-15-2008, 10:26 PM
I'll have to bump this one.

So no one can help me on this one? I've been working on the abbreviated motion for so long its stuck, but I've found no one with a similar hitting style to model myself after.