PDA

View Full Version : Where to put string savers?

ATXtennisaddict
04-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Seems to me if you really want to prevent strings from moving, just place a horizontal row of savers across a top half of the racquet and one more row in the bottom half somewhere.

am i right on this?

hyogen
04-14-2008, 07:43 AM
i put like 12 on yesterday...and only 3 were left...all the rest popped out while hitting :(

nickb
04-14-2008, 07:48 AM
i put like 12 on yesterday...and only 3 were left...all the rest popped out while hitting :(

Well you must have put them on wrong then! lol

Federer's seem to stay on...

hyogen
04-14-2008, 07:55 AM
i'm pretty sure there's only one way to put them in...the grooves match the mains and crosses... maybe my strings are getting too loose? they dont' feel like it... it's the 18x20 pattern so very dense as well (pt280)

Valjean
04-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Seems to me if you really want to prevent strings from moving, just place a horizontal row of savers across a top half of the racquet and one more row in the bottom half somewhere.

am i right on this?
The usual manufacturer's recommendation is to use a diamond. Then vary the amount, and when to apply them, to suit yourself.

iplaybetter
04-14-2008, 08:09 AM
string it with black string, or stencil the entire bed black
optimal position is where the least ink is

hyogen
04-14-2008, 08:09 AM
i'm pretty sure there's only one way to put them in...the grooves match the mains and crosses... maybe my strings are getting too loose? they dont' feel like it... it's the 18x20 pattern so very dense as well (pt280)

ah, I didn't put them on a fresh stringjob though...that's probably the problem.

I had a full NXT setup and only started putting the savers in places where it looked like it was starting to fray.

bank5
04-14-2008, 09:13 AM
^^^^^^^

Which string savers do you use? I've used the Babalot ones and those have received great reviews and didn't pop out. I've heard that cheaper string savers tend to pop out though.

hyogen
04-14-2008, 09:30 AM
ah...i used Gamma ones. can't remember how much they were. I didn't like how you had to tear the string savers out of the little plastic thing... It was sorta a pain to get in between the strings too--even with the included tool.

YULitle
04-14-2008, 09:34 AM
My biggest issue with putting the things in is that often times two will snap off of the track instead of just the one, and the extra one that popped off is pretty much trash now cause it's a pain to get one on that isn't attached to the track.

ATXtennisaddict
04-14-2008, 11:43 AM
I just don't want my strings to move. not trying to "save" anything.

YULitle
04-14-2008, 11:46 AM

They will move. You can't stop it.

...unless you hit more flat or switch to something like Luxilon

Valjean
04-14-2008, 11:54 AM
The denser the string saver pattern, the more helpful it is.

Plus, you can adjust the tension too--either the whole stringbed, or just a few lbs. more on the crosses.

mraznman
04-14-2008, 01:28 PM
ah...i used Gamma ones. can't remember how much they were. I didn't like how you had to tear the string savers out of the little plastic thing... It was sorta a pain to get in between the strings too--even with the included tool.

TournaCross for 5 Dowla =]