PDA

View Full Version : lux bb ace 18/nxt 17 hybrid?? or bb ace 18 full job??

samtheman981
04-14-2008, 02:29 PM
I am a 4.5 player. I like a lot of power but most of the string I have tried have been lacking spin and control. I feel if i go with the full job i will have too much control and since I just started playing outdoors i do not get as much power. Should I go for the NXT hyrid or a full stringbed of BB ACE 18?? any one who has tried leave some feedback. thanks

wildbill88AA
04-18-2008, 09:07 PM
i use head rip control 17 in the crosses, bb ace 18 in longs. great power, spin, and control.

boojay
04-18-2008, 09:49 PM
I've done a full job of Ace 18, full job of NXT Tour 18, full job of NXT Tour 17, and Ace 18 crossed with NXT Tour 17 (Ace crosses, NXT mains), and I must say, they all feel fantastic. The only issue I have is durability. These setups last only a week or less. Actually, I'll need to reconfirm the Ace 18 because it's been a long time since I've played with it and I've only recently started to keep track of my string breaking patterns.

Anyway, I feel I have tremendous power when it's NXT Tour 17/18 alone or as a hybrid. With the same swing, I feel I'm getting more spin, power, and about the same amount of control as compared to poly strings. The additional spin, however, allows me to take even bigger swings, resulting in more power.

The polys I've used before have been Alu Power, Alu Power Rough, Kirschbaum Spiky Smash, Blue Gear, Alu Touch Hybrid, Supersense, CyberFlash, and more.

hoodjem
04-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Can you compare CF to the BB Ace?

nickb
04-19-2008, 07:56 AM
BB Ace is a fantastic string...great bite, big spin, good control and awesome feel for a poly (BB Ace is a great volley string!).

For a lower cost alternative to BB Ace look into Pro Supex Big Ace Micro 1.15.

Nick

hoodjem
02-03-2009, 04:46 PM
How would Lux BB Ace 1.12 go with Maxim Touch or X-1 Biphase?