PDA

View Full Version : How to Modify

Lilhac16
01-07-2005, 10:42 PM
I like the racquet I am using right now however I wish it was a little more stable. I know exactly where i am making contact with the ball(felt marks). Where should I put the lead tape in retrospective to my contact area?

Lilhac16
01-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Help please.

equinox
01-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Customizing Racquet Weight & Balance (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/Customizing/customize.html)

Don't forget to wear gloves when handling lead tape. That stuff causes cancer in the state of california. ;)

Power Game
01-08-2005, 06:05 PM
If you want to add stability I'd suggest putting lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock, and counterweighting it in the handle to maintain the balance.

thebigidiot
01-08-2005, 06:42 PM
hey equinox, is it really true that it can cause cancer in California?

equinox
01-08-2005, 06:55 PM
So i've heard. :)

Power Game
01-08-2005, 07:38 PM
hey equinox, is it really true that it can cause cancer in California?

Is this a serious question? :confused:
Lead can cause cancer, it's just that california has very strict labeling policies... My babolat lead tape has this huge warning sticker on the back. Just don't eat it and you will be OK.

http://www.nrk.no/img/339219.jpeg

thebigidiot
01-09-2005, 05:24 PM
lol, nice picture

Gaines Hillix
01-09-2005, 06:48 PM
I like the racquet I am using right now however I wish it was a little more stable. I know exactly where i am making contact with the ball(felt marks). Where should I put the lead tape in retrospective to my contact area?

If you like where the sweetspot is now versus your ball fuzz pattern, then add the weight on the sides of the frame in the center of that area. If you want to raise the sweetspot, then put the weight further toward the tip of the racquet. As the other poster said, you may want to add an equal amount of weight in the handle or under the grip to counter balance it.

finchy
01-09-2005, 07:41 PM
wow that sucks. i bought some lead tape for the first time and put it on my PS 6.0 95 yesterday without wearing any protective gear or whatnot. i cut it with some small scissors and put it on with my bare hands. my friend thought they were babolat decals but it was lead tape.

this pro at newks tennis ranch told me to put weight at 10 and 2 and 8 and 4 to increase the size of my sweetspot. i did it and i think it works really well!

Swan Song
01-09-2005, 08:16 PM
As long you wash your hands after you handle lead tape, you are fine. There is no need for a protective gear, unless if you have a crack or a cut on your hand.

Also, Pb(lead) is as dangerous as Hg(mercury).

finchy
01-10-2005, 04:26 PM
bleh, i did not wash my hands. i didnt have a cut or any laceration on my hand when i first applied it. my hands were however really dirty. lol.

matchpoints
01-10-2005, 09:32 PM
wow that sucks. i bought some lead tape for the first time and put it on my PS 6.0 95 yesterday without wearing any protective gear or whatnot. i cut it with some small scissors and put it on with my bare hands. my friend thought they were babolat decals but it was lead tape.

this pro at newks tennis ranch told me to put weight at 10 and 2 and 8 and 4 to increase the size of my sweetspot. i did it and i think it works really well!

So I'm assuming you bought Babolat Lead Tape? How much did you use at each of those spots?