PDA

View Full Version : Need string help, new racquet.

benne
04-14-2008, 07:13 PM
I just switched to the Kfactor tour90, from the prince NXG MP (ick, i know). I've broken 4 sets of strings in the kfactor in 4 weeks (12-15hrs/wk). I've used sensation, synthgut, synth hybrid, all 16 gauge, I'm now doing sensation in crosses with gosen 16 mains, cause i bought a mini reel of sensation for the hybrid. The previous 4 sets were 57lbs, now i'm dropping to 55.

I only have one stick of the kfact, I used a coaches kfactor 95 today and he had luxilon *dunno which string* at 55# and it felt amazing, it had great pop, the strings were more comfortable on my arm and i could get my full swing.

I'm playing on clay, my strokes are solid, not a lot of topspin, semi western forehand, one handed backhand with fed's stroke and grip on it. My serve is primarily slice/flat, my topspin is a dependable 2nd, i love backhand slice that cuts through the ball, doesn't pop and sail it in the air.

Any help would be great!!!! thanks.

-benne.

benne
04-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Edit: btw, i broke his luxilon's today also. he said they were due though.

benne
04-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Nobody wants to help?

Freedom
04-15-2008, 07:04 AM
I like Luxilon. It's really durable, but kind of expensive.

TennezSport
04-15-2008, 07:38 AM
I just switched to the Kfactor tour90, from the prince NXG MP (ick, i know). I've broken 4 sets of strings in the kfactor in 4 weeks (12-15hrs/wk). I've used sensation, synthgut, synth hybrid, all 16 gauge, I'm now doing sensation in crosses with gosen 16 mains, cause i bought a mini reel of sensation for the hybrid. The previous 4 sets were 57lbs, now i'm dropping to 55.

I only have one stick of the kfact, I used a coaches kfactor 95 today and he had luxilon *dunno which string* at 55# and it felt amazing, it had great pop, the strings were more comfortable on my arm and i could get my full swing.

I'm playing on clay, my strokes are solid, not a lot of topspin, semi western forehand, one handed backhand with fed's stroke and grip on it. My serve is primarily slice/flat, my topspin is a dependable 2nd, i love backhand slice that cuts through the ball, doesn't pop and sail it in the air.

Any help would be great!!!! thanks.

-benne.

The whole point behind poly was to have a string that could take the punishment of clay court play and last. Sounds like you have experienced that same problem with keeping multi and synth string in your frame. If your arm can take it, try a full set of poly but at reduced tension, that should last longer and give you good bite.

You said that you liked the Lux string in your coaches racquet but it was due to break, which tells me the string had already lost a good deal of tension. You also say that your coaches racquet is a 95 and yours is a 90, another reason to reduce tension. I would start at nothing over 52lbs of full poly in your 90. If that is too hard on your arm, go with the mix you mention of the Gosen M and Synth X. Hope this helps and best of luck; have fun.

TennezSport :cool:

k_liu
04-15-2008, 07:51 AM
luxilons are great strings but very stiff and hard on your wrist and elbow. Make sure you drop the tension by 10% if you decide to go with luxilon.

benne
04-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks! I think I'll try the luxilon next time, low, low tension. In my NXG i used to use the Prince Tour, and later the hybrid, strung at 60-61#. So maybe the poly's won't be that bad on my arm. I just remembered that he's putting in the gosen poly not synth gut in the mains, at 55 though. maybe i should go down to 53/52. thanks for the help!

benne
04-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Update, he strung it at 54, still seemed to hot for my arm, i'm thinking 50 with this set up. I can't do anything atm because i have pharyngitis/ possibly mono, let's hope not though. :'(