PDA

View Full Version : String with most spin is?

rfmad
04-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Looking for lots of spin without losing my arm. Thanks for your suggestions.

PROTENNIS63
04-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Blue Gear wins hands down.

nickb
04-15-2008, 09:36 AM
It depends on how you play.

Some people feel they get more spin from full gut, multi or syn gut.

Polys are low powered causing you to swing faster. Faster swing = more spin.

You can get the same results from swinging faster with your current string or increasing the tension (stringbed stiffness).

Strings dont cause the increase in spin its your swing adjusting to the properties of the string.

Nick

rfmad
04-15-2008, 09:53 AM
It depends on how you play.

Some people feel they get more spin from full gut, multi or syn gut.

Polys are low powered causing you to swing faster. Faster swing = more spin.

You can get the same results from swinging faster with your current string or increasing the tension (stringbed stiffness).

Strings dont cause the increase in spin its your swing adjusting to the properties of the string.

Nick

O Nick help me out. Former college player brought up on wood and have too much power with these new racquets. Playing K-90 tour 90 Asian version with Federers string set-up 54 gut mains 52 al rough crosses. I like this set up and am just fishing for even more bite on the ball with out hurting my shoulder. I use continental forehand and traditional one handed back hand. Thanks

nickb
04-15-2008, 10:00 AM
O Nick help me out. Former college player brought up on wood and have too much power with these new racquets. Playing K-90 tour 90 Asian version with Federers string set-up 54 gut mains 52 al rough crosses. I like this set up and am just fishing for even more bite on the ball with out hurting my shoulder. I use continental forehand and traditional one handed back hand. Thanks

Well you could go full gut and up the tension (60 and above) or go full luxilon ALU rough and string at 52-55..

You could also try upping the tension of your current set up.

If you really have too much power then the ALU is a good choice but beware it could hurt your shoulder as its a stiff string. The tight gut would have just as much bite as the full ALU but with more power. Both strings grip the ball very well...infact your not going to get a better string for ball bite.

Nick

rfmad
04-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Well you could go full gut and up the tension (60 and above) or go full luxilon ALU rough and string at 52-55..

You could also try upping the tension of your current set up.

If you really have too much power then the ALU is a good choice but beware it could hurt your shoulder as its a stiff string. The tight gut would have just as much bite as the full ALU but with more power. Both strings grip the ball very well...infact your not going to get a better string for ball bite.

Nick

Thanks nick, Im liking the set-up so I may just tighten it up a little. Maybe 2 lbs each. thanks again!

roger is the king
04-15-2008, 10:09 AM
well according to what i have used i'd say ploys or textured string but beware: plys lead to many injuries stress and other things.. test one set hybrid then full but you know strings that suit you are hard to find but once you find it you'll love it for the rest of your life!

nickb
04-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks nick, Im liking the set-up so I may just tighten it up a little. Maybe 2 lbs each. thanks again!

You could go 58 mains, 55 crosses for even more control. The K90 feels good with a tighter setup when compared to the past wilson 90 models.

Good luck!

Nick

supermario343
04-15-2008, 12:19 PM
I vote for Blue Gear...theyre very durable in my opinion as well and ive had them on for 3 weeks now straight(playing at least 10 hours a week). They give me amazing spin and great kick on my serves :)

Doc Hollidae
04-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Blue Gear by far.

TennisNewbie85
04-15-2008, 12:57 PM
reading this thread makes me want to order a set of blue gear right now! which is bad news because ive been buying sooo many differents sets of strings these past couple of months! lets say i leave the strings in a cool/dry place for a long period of time...would it affect the strings in anyway?

wao
04-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Blue Gear wins hands down.

Agree, BG 1.28 has the most spin potential. It's a poly so don't know how sensitive your arm is. I have had NO issues but have strung it a little lower than other poly's